Author Topic: Bowden facing the axe / Tuesdays with Terry - 8/4  (Read 1980 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bowden facing the axe / Tuesdays with Terry - 8/4
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
Just heard a bit of it on SEN.

No excuse about the ground, its just an issue and many other clubs are nomadic so no excuse and he didnt sound like he wanted to talk about it for that reason.

Matt Thompson then said in the press conference Bowden under massive pressure with Terry saying the match committee were considering sending him back to Coburg.   :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tuesdays with Terry - 8/4
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
Yeah heard that too tigersalive

Matt Thompson also hinted they are looking at other senior blokes as well but didnt mention ay names
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tuesdays with Terry - 8/4
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
Sounds like sense to me. Bowden is a disease at our club and only seeks to undermine the coaching staff and other senior leadership group rather than attempt to work with them to improve the club. He is quite content to rack up meaningless possessions every week while being unaccountable to his direct opponent.

He offers no leadership at the club, is taking up a place of one of our young players and is only assisting in spreading the losing culture within the side.

Time for Joel to go where his passion is and spend more time with his charities or working with Benny Gale.

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bowden facing the axe - Wallace
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »
Just announced on SEN. They haven't as yet said who.

Edit: see next post. It's Joel.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bowden facing the axe - Wallace
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
It's Joel Bowden. Plough said it'll be on the agenda at match committee. Most likely not heading to Perth to play Freo. Not happy with the performance of our vice-captain and neither is Joel happy with the way he's going. Confidence issues. Struggling with when to man-up and when to peel off.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bowden facing the axe - Wallace
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »
Plough said it'll be on the agenda at match committee. Most likely not heading to Perth to play Freo.

Any chance of Plough not heading to perth?

bushranger

Re: Bowden facing the axe / Tuesdays with Terry - 8/4
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 03:52:01 PM »
I like that Mr.Magic very very much.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »
It's Joel Bowden. Plough said it'll be on the agenda at match committee. Most likely not heading to Perth to play Freo. Not happy with the performance of our vice-captain and neither is Joel happy with the way he's going. Confidence issues. Struggling with when to man-up and when to peel off.

What?

Which vice captain, we only have Foley and Newman dont we?

If its newman he can just back the stuff up.

And if its Foley he can do the same and only question himself by starting and leaving him in the forward pocket while we were blown away on Sunday.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
I guess this means Tivs is safe  ;D.

Two poor weeks in a row for Joel and it looks like he's paid the price. Plough's copying Spud.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »

What?

Which vice captain, we only have Foley and Newman dont we?

If its newman he can just back the eff up.

And if its Foley he can do the same and only question himself by starting and leaving him in the forward pocket while we were blown away on Sunday.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
The journo on SEN threw that Joel being VC in as there's no quote of Wallace saying it.

--------------------------
Joel Bowden faces AFL axe at Richmond
April 8, 2008 - 4:43PM

Richmond could this week dump veteran defender Joel Bowden, who is "second-guessing" himself and must regain his ability to read the play in AFL games.

Tigers coach Terry Wallace said Bowden, the club's second-most experienced player with 238 games, had lost his knack of deciding between playing tight and getting the ball which earned him back-to-back best and fairest awards in 2004-05.

Bowden was disappointing in Richmond's 44-point defeat to Collingwood last Sunday and is one of six players who could face the axe before Sunday's game against Fremantle at Subiaco Oval.

Wallace admitted Bowden, 29, was playing like he was low on confidence and unsure.

"I don't think there's a player playing (who) hasn't gone through that at some stage, where they start second-guessing themselves about `Do I go for the footy or do I stay with my man?'," he said.

"Joel more than any has been a really natural player, he reads the game as well as most and that's why he's been able to rack up massive possessions in the past.

"If you start second-guessing yourself in that reading game, that's going to have an impact on your footy and that's the case that Joel is at the moment.

"But he's a very professional person on and off the field and I'm sure he'll work his way through that."

The Tigers are aware dropping Bowden could provide the backman with the kick-along he needs, as he was omitted early in the 2004 season but returned after a game in the VFL to win the Jack Dyer Medal.

Wallace said Richmond would consider potential match-ups against Fremantle for Bowden, but admitted the match committee would not focus solely on one player.

"That discussion won't just be about Joel. It will be about half a dozen guys who played in the senior side that we'll have exactly that same discussions about this week," he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/joel-bowden-faces-afl-axe-at-richmond/20080408-24kv.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
A bit more from Plough...

Skill errors aside, Richmond's more immediate problems focus on starting better in games, having been beaten out of the blocks by all three opponents this season before becoming more competitive in the second halves.

Wallace said he would consider changes to the Tigers' pre-game routine to avoid another early blitzing.

"The one thing you can't do is go to Perth and be six goals behind at quarter-time, because I haven't seen many sides come back from that scenario playing against West Coast or Fremantle," he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/punt-road-facelift-a-priority-for-tigers/20080408-24kn.html

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »
Good move. If they were serious he wouldn't be the only senior guy under that sort of pressure.

Ox

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »

gutless self preservationist who tries in spurts.
Those of u who have defended him against my tirades - GF Urselves !!!

He says he is down on confidence - In reality he cant keep up the BS anymore.

Wanker now and Wanker then.

People who support him make me sick

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
plough said there are 6 blokes in the same boast as joel.

my guess

simmo
petts
tuck
sugar
brown
tiv

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »
plough said there are 6 blokes in the same boast as joel.

my guess

simmo
petts
tuck
sugar
brown
tiv
Yep agree virtually all our oldies are under the pump. Polly too.

It may sound harsh on a 20/21 year old but Lids needs to do more too although he should be playing midfield for 90% of each game. Just 4 tackles in 3 games is ordinary. He's playing similarly to the first half of last year. Needs to work harder defensively.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd