Author Topic: We didnt have one player eligable for the Rising Star play last weekend.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is that not just a little bit sad considering where we are as a club?

Not one.  :-\   :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wait until halfway through the season, we'll have half the team eligable by then... :-[

I'm actually pleased that we are not rushing in our fresh recruits. I believe they need time in the 2's to strengthen and gain confidence before they are brought through. They should be fighting for a position not just given one.

I think one of the reasons we haven't had any new recruits through yet is actually because we are beginning to gain some depth to our list. In years gone by we have been forced to to insert our new recruits almost from go with injury and form problems. Now we have 'older' developing players who are fighting for places so our new recruits are still well down the peaking order.

If we are playing players due to good form alone then I would not expect to see this years recruits much if at all - Cotchin being the exception due to marketability as the No 2 pick.

Stripes

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wait until halfway through the season, we'll have half the team eligable by then... :-[

I'm actually pleased that we are not rushing in our fresh recruits. I believe they need time in the 2's to strengthen and gain confidence before they are brought through. They should be fighting for a position not just given one.

I think one of the reasons we haven't had any new recruits through yet is actually because we are beginning to gain some depth to our list. In years gone by we have been forced to to insert our new recruits almost from go with injury and form problems. Now we have 'older' developing players who are fighting for places so our new recruits are still well down the peaking order.

If we are playing players due to good form alone then I would not expect to see this years recruits much if at all - Cotchin being the exception due to marketability as the No 2 pick.

Stripes

I'm not saying the first years as they have all had injury concerns.

But the 2nd-3rd years who are still eligable arent even playing Cleve is the only to play all year when every other team who played last weekend had 2 or 3 except The Kangas who had none and the Saints who had 1.

It's just strange.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

just goes to show we draft alot of weak, underdone players who are not capable of making the level

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
just goes to show we draft alot of weak, underdone players who are not capable of making the level

jordy mcmahon rings a bell. anyone see john anthony for the pies. what a size he has on his.(2005 draft)

now compare that with moore, thursfield, raines, tuck, johnson, newman, patto, mcmahon,

we recruit players who cant put on size and every year look like their kids playing against men. whose fault is this??

can someone seriously tell me who is to blame for this pathetic development in our team. King?? Royal?? who??

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Little Jackie

jordy mcmahon rings a bell. anyone see john anthony for the pies. what a size he has on his.(2005 draft)

now compare that with moore, thursfield, raines, tuck, johnson, newman, patto, mcmahon,

we recruit players who cant put on size and every year look like their kids playing against men. whose fault is this??

can someone seriously tell me who is to blame for this pathetic development in our team. King?? Royal?? who??

On the money Daniel

Ramps

by r22 we will have cotchin and rance as our 2 rising star nominees, having said that, its a pretty disappointing result.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yep, no point going on about how much youth we have in the side when they can't get a game ahead of senior guys that should be redundant.

Tigermonk

some of the younger drafts from 2005, 2006, 2007, need to step up & until they do we going nowhere
Development at Richmond is very slow compared to all other clubs & by the time they do come good we will have senior players who are too old & the window closes again till they get it correct

problem is them players are

2005 Jarrad Oakley Nicholls, Cleve Hughes, Travis Casserly, = JON & Casserly have done nothing & are duds & Hughes will make it
2006 Jack Rewoldt, Shane Edwards, Daneil Conners, Andrew Collins, = all these players aint pushing hard enough apart from Rewoldt & Conners is a one man show look at me thats why he is where he is at this stage
2007 Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance, Dean Putt, = Cotchin is broken & other 2 playing Coburg reserves while other club top draft picks have already crashed the barrier

Hellenic Tiger

Some like JON perhaps are not that great but it is also a question of the nurturing encouragement and confidence our youth get from the senior coach his staff and match commitee. At this stage of their development it is a step backwards for them to not play senior footy both physically and mentally especially if they are just left to rot in the second tier. With the number of youngsters we have we should be able to have 5 or 6 per year.

At one stage a few years ago the Saints had a stack of kids
Dal Santo
Ball
McGuire
Raf Clarke
etc.

Tigermonk

Yeah and there coach Thomas was very good until Butters shafted him
now there is a guy l consider a very good coach l reckon sacking him put the Saints back a few years maybe even closed the window on that group unless there lastest crop is good

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Unfortunately Jake King doesn't qualify - he'd have a nomination by now
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

Unfortunately Jake King doesn't qualify - he'd have a nomination by now

Jake king is my hero his going to win me alot of money come seasons end  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Cotchin, Connors and Graham have hardly had a preseason so there's an excuse for them not playing. Collard needs to get fit too thanks to Freo. Cass seems to always do some soft tissue injury just as he's about to debut  :-\. Cleve's ineligible. Gourdis and Putt are long-term projects.

Rance playing Coburg ressies is mindboggling.

JON enough said.

Cotchin, Connors, Casserly if all fit and Edwards (ineligible) plus Cleve and Jack would/should be our youth/rising star options. Not swapping Tivs and Hyde each week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd