Author Topic: 3aw talk on Richmond tonight  (Read 1771 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
3aw talk on Richmond tonight
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »
Mike, Shaw and Healy are on 3aw at the moment going through a few clubs and they got onto us.

Healy said if he was in charge of the new Gold Coast club he'd only take from us:

Foley
Deledio .. (Mike ummed and ahhed)
Thursty
Newman - for a honest consistent effort

Mike and Shaw dismissed Newy as a good bloke but just another half-back flanker.

Mike said Lids is "picking up some very bad habits at that footy club". Doesn't work hard enough. Shaw said he'll never be a midfielder. Stick on a half-back flank.

Healy said if he was President of Richmond he'd be preparing to baton down the hatches looking at the draw. A real test for March and the board to weather the storm and support Wallace.

Shaw said we've made no improvement. Terry said last week their foot skills hurt them and we've heard that for years at Richmond. Turnovers just kill you.

Dumb players that need a simplified gameplan.  Mike asked what is wrong with Lids and Tambo just going direct to Richo with numbers at his feet. Healy said we're trying to handball through a zone defence and it's not working.

Mike said Terry likes light quick players. Healy said you need a balance of them. Shaw said we smashed the Pies in the clearances though. It was once it got clear it was Collingwood who had the numbers as they are one of the hardest working sides in the comp. It was ridiculous the number of players more the Pies had at the ball.

Mike said the Punt Road surface issue was a load of "crap".

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 3aw talk on Richmond tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
Mike, Shaw and Healy are on 3aw at the moment goign through a few clubs and they got onto us.

Healy said if he was in charge of the new Gold Coast club he'd only take from us:

Mike and Shaw dismissed Newy as a good bloke but just another half-back flanker.

:gobdrop :gobdrop Does this mean Mike & I agree on something  :help OMG!  ;D

Healy said if he was President of Richmond he'd be preparing to baton down the hatches looking at the draw. A real test for March and the board to weather the storm and support Wallace.

Fair call - although a win would keep the wolves and disgruntled away for at least a week  :whistle

Shaw said we've made no improvement. Terry said last week their foot skills hurt them and we've heard that for years at Richmond. Turnovers just kill you.

Dumb players that need a simplified gameplan.  Mike asked what is wrong with Lids and Tambo just going direct to Richo with numbers at his feet. Healy said we're trying to handball through a zone defence and it's not working.

Mike said Terry likes light quick players. Healy said you need a balance of them. Shaw said we smashed the Pies in the clearances though. It was once it got clear it was Collingwood who had the numbers as they are one of the hardest working side in the comp. It was ridiculous the number of players more the Pies had at the ball.

I really do worry about Tony Shaw - can he ever come with anything else? He says the same thing over and over. At least Healy tries to come up with answers. Tony just states the bleeding obvious
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
I actually agree, only Foley would be of use to GC. Newman is overated by our supporters, Deledio is going backwards. We are fortunate, we will only lose Raines and McGuane to Gold Coast, others will lose better players.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:24:16 PM »
ppl say bowden is not accountable

i have yet to see an accountable game by newman, he never plays close to his man and is another cheat, cant belive he is vice captain

Little Jackie

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:22:01 PM »
Mike, Shaw and Healy are on 3aw at the moment going through a few clubs and they got onto us.

Foley
Deledio .. (Mike ummed and ahhed)
Thursty

Mike said Lids is "picking up some very bad habits at that footy club". Doesn't work hard enough. Shaw said he'll never be a midfielder. Stick on a half-back flank.

Mike said Terry likes light quick players. Healy said you need a balance of them. Shaw said we smashed the Pies in the clearances though. It was once it got clear it was Collingwood who had the numbers as they are one of the hardest working sides in the comp. It was ridiculous the number of players more the Pies had at the ball.

Mike said the Punt Road surface issue was a load of "crap".

Totally AGREE. with all of the above.
problem with majority of posters on here is they are totally biased and one eyed,lol
I think Tony Shaw is exceptional with hsi comments during the game on 3AW. pity Terry Wallet and his media men in the coaches box dont take notice.
Shawy comments on 3AW after last weeks game was spot on.. It might sink into a few of you when we finish down the  bottom again that all of the above is right

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
problem with majority of posters on here is they are totally biased and one eyed,lol
I think Tony Shaw is exceptional with hsi comments during the game on 3AW. pity Terry Wallet and his media men in the coaches box dont take notice.
Shawy comments on 3AW after last weeks game was spot on.. It might sink into a few of you when we finish down the  bottom again that all of the above is right

I reckon there is a very strong case to say that there is a fair bit of bias in your posts Jack when it comes to one T Wallace

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Deledio is going backwards.

I hope Deledio makes you eat those words Ramps! Richmond really, really needs him to fire.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Little Jackie

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:04:22 AM »

I reckon there is a very strong case to say that there is a fair bit of bias in your posts Jack when it comes to one T Wallace

Whats really funny that apart from a few Richmond supporters, most people would agree with the comments on 3AW, work that out.
In my opinion he is a terrible coach,worse than SPUD, time will tell wont it, but the way things are going, I will be proven right without ANY doubt. ;)
You say bias, ::) well if you had first hand knowledge on how he operates, would think you would have similar views as well. I have said this all along, he cannot coach. Wait and see as the season gets longer and the players become even more confused and drop off.  Funny how Joel ,Tucky and Petts have dropped right away, you might find they have had enough, Hey, lets dont mention David Rodan either, is now coached by someone who can coach, could go on but whats the point.

richmondrules

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:49 AM »

I reckon there's a very strong case that Jackstar has completely missed the meaning of the word supporter. The majority of supporters on this site are not trying to run a football club from a computer terminal using a football forum as the tool, they're just trying to support a team. lol. Of course, as you point out, the majority of supporters on this site don't have an agenda other than supporting a team.

Little Jackie

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
Mate. I have supported the RFC for 42  years, I am 47.
First game was in 1966 FACT, Can remember Paddy Guinane kicking the ground in the last game of the year which bascially cost us making the finals.
Even went with my late Father to queue up for finals tickets 2 days in advance at the old punt road back in 1967.

If you cant face the facts that we are stuffed at present thats your problem, that why the RFC is where they are today People not having a realistic view of where we are at but some dream belief that we are travelling OK.. I am looking for solutions and Terry Wallet and Miller arent the solutions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:02:38 AM by Jackstar »

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
 ;D showing the age there Jack, all them grey hairs sticking out in the box behind the suntanned Wallet  ;D
l agree with you, l seen no change in development of our skills & thats what Wallet promised coming to the club was to improve fitness & skills & wins would come from that. Well we won a wooden spoon last year & the skills are deplorable & thats why the media & everyone else is talking about Richmond as a failure because its fact, we are playing worse football now than under Frawley & we seeing the same skills from the new listed players
finishing 9th the previous year was satifying but going backwards & winning the spoon last year even that we finished off the year well & considering the injuries, to then have a full list & come out in the first 3 games & get smashed at the start of every game shows something is very wrong & there are no excuses, players donot drop off & start playing that style of overuse football

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
Deledio is going backwards.

I hope Deledio makes you eat those words Ramps! Richmond really, really needs him to fire.

I hope so as well, I had hoped that Deledio would be ready to take up the captaincy at the end of 2008 but at the moment that seems far away, Deledio needs to fire up, start getting the pill 25 to 30 times a game and showing everyone he means business.

Little Jackie

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »
Might also add, worked with Spud and Wallet, would say that Spud is a better coach than wallet, there you go people.! batten down the hatches on OER, lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »
;D showing the age there Jack, all them grey hairs sticking out in the box behind the suntanned Wallet  ;D
l agree with you,

Monk, nothing the old Loreal hair dye didnt fix.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:04:47 AM »
look no-one wants to say on here that players are going backwards but its bloody true
l like to see all the players stick it up all our asses & play really good football & win.
Even if they dont win games as long as they play good football like the Essendon vs Carlton game a real hitout or like Adelaide vs Port Adelaide games from the weekend as long as there having a go & dont play ugly overuse turnover football
l would pay a thousand dollars to watch a hard hitting game like the Crows & Port players put on

:pray that they will have a turn around & at least be competitive & show some muscle