Author Topic: Who will you vote for at RFC AGM ?  (Read 1923 times)

Offline getbacktoglorydays

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Who will you vote for at RFC AGM ?
« on: August 19, 2004, 12:20:04 AM »
Hi all

Just found this site after posting on PRE a fair bit. Looks good. I am curious to to see the response to this questionas a comparison to the feeling on PRE. What do you guys think?  sorry if it has bee asked before

Ox

Re: Who will you vote for at RFC AGM ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 01:24:59 AM »
Even the peeps who hate Casey on here will vote for Casey.

LMooooooooooo@"roger ramjet" Schwabb and his unprofessional attempt.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 01:50:05 AM »
Welcome aboard OER GBTGD  :).

IMHO not much of choice if they are the only two options. Any former board members of the past 20 years aren't in my good books  >:(. Here's hoping a third option is available in some "what's best for the RFC" form.

Casey of course for the projected $2 million loss by investing good money after bad by pumping $800K into a bleedingly obvious failing footy department in the hope that it would buy success and increase revenues elsewhere in gate-receipts, sponsorships, etc... To make matters worse these inflated sums were then accepted as attainable in the budget forecasts  :o.

On the other hand Schwab and Welsh were their for 6 years prior to resigning. Welsh saying he resigned as he didn't have the time and wanted to concentrate on his businesses despite only a month or so earlier asking members to re-elect him. Schwab and Welsh have been apart of boards that agreed to give top $$$ and long contracts to Daffy, Knights, Richo and Cambo in '99. Then along with Casey (and then CEO Mark Brayshaw) they again did the same thing again with Gas and Holland. They were also party to appointing unsuccessful CEO's Brayshaw and Ian Campbell. Add to that the sacking of Geischen and the appointment of Frawley (and reappointment with that stupid out clause in it). Many crosses against all their names as far as I'm concerned especially when it comes to crucial decisions regarding the footy department.

If I had to vote now I wouldn't be voting for Schwab and Co. Still don't have a clue what they stand for in terms of detail and how he would do things differently (yeah we all care and are concerned about the present situation and future of the Club  ::) ). Plus his ticket is underwhelming IMO. Also didn't like Schwab hiding and circling in the background for month after month when Pahoff's stupid petition without an alternative was selfishly holding the Club to ransom. When Schwab finally did raise his head to challenge it was at the exact same time as we were hunting for Wallace. Not a good sign if you want to demonstrate to members and supporters you have the best interests of the Club at heart.

As for what will happen cum December and the AGM  ???: Will an admittance of major stuff ups plus Miller, Wallace and a good trade/draft period save Casey's backside; or are members, to borrow an old political reference, waiting on their porches with baseball bats for him ???
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 01:54:16 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 02:31:08 AM »
Welcome to OER GBTGD (get shorter names ppls lol)
If i have to vote along ticket lines, I have absolutely no idea.  If i can pick my individual people, then i'd have more of an idea.
But Schwab and Casey are both unappealing options.
I'm hoping more people and tickets will show their hand before the AGM
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 03:01:16 AM by froars »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »
Welcome GBTGD,

MT, has covered a lot of my feelings on this topic. My "tyraids" during MR Parhoff's idiotic pettition campaign are well known to all my fellow OER posters.

But in answer to you question. If the only alternatives are the 2 tickets we currently have before us then I would have to vote for Casey and his ticket.

I will not (under any circumstances) vote for a ticket with Schwab or Welsh on it. Just one of my numerous problems with Schwab in particular was his lack of attendance at board meetings over the period he was original on the board. If you are that concerned with things then turn up. One minute he like Welsh doesn't have the time necessary, the next minute he does so much so he thinks he can be president. :banghead. Schwab has blamed everyone else for the problems and mistakes at the Club but has taken no resposibility for his part in the decisions - soory for me at least that doesn't cut it.

On the Casey ticket I have spoken to Garry Cameron on a few occassions, ditto Gary March (probably don't remember me but I remember the conversations) and I was impressed by them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 08:38:48 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:10:03 AM »
Hi GloryDays,

Agree with the comments made by MT and WP.  If it was a choice of the above two then would go with Casey.

Can't see anything good about Schwab and his mates and what they could offer that suggests it's better than what is already there.  From what we have already seen, they're hardly offering a pro active, cutting edge approach to solving anything.  If anything, they’d be taking us backwards.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 03:57:45 PM »
If there was a better alternative, I would vote for it.
Therefore I will be voting for Casey and Co.
I know for a fact that the alternative ticket did a bit of a ring- round before anouncing there ticket, they did have a few knock backs and anyway, how can ''Mickey Mouse "" be President, oh please !

froars

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 04:48:31 PM »
how can ''Mickey Mouse "" be President, oh please !

Who’s the leader of the club that’s made for RFC
Brendan Schwab, Peter Welsh, DC and Rosy3
 :rollin

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 04:50:34 PM »
Unfortunately Im not sure who Im going to vote.......I cant stand CC and his performance in the past 5 years. I mean we are ridding Frawley because of it......But if only Benny Gale would start a ticket or something.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 05:16:20 PM »

I'm voting for the guy who held up the wooden spoon at the Crows game.

I heard he's forming a ticket which includes the guy that dumped manure on Brayshws doorstep.

And if JohnF promises to break off his affair with Cambo, I'll vote for him too.