Author Topic: Will this draw be considered a part of our forward momentum?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Will this draw be considered a part of our forward momentum?
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
As with all Tiger supporters i was disappointed to let one slip. Having said that we are showing alot more than last year. I still play footy and a draw is the worst feeling in the world, however, sometimes if you were offered a draw before the game you would probably take it instead of a towelling. Is this the case today? do we have the start of what you could term momentum?

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Will this draw be considered a part of our forward momentum?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
as a resuklt it is disappointing , but alot of postives re our team

we played a form team on a ground they love and we hate, and did not lose and should have won

i hope the club keep things upbeat and positive all week

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
No momentum. When you cough up a 25 point lead like that. The game was done and dusted with 5 or 6 minutes to go, still 3 goals up - Only Richmond can produce an outcome like today.

We have to many players WHO WILL NOT AND ARE NOT CAPABLE of WINNING KEY GAMES!

The sooner our supporters realise this the better. We need more quality in the side. Quality players dont make the mistakes that were made today. I am bitterly disappointed by this result, but deep down I know this group of players can only carry our club so far. To that end, I want Richmond to draft well at the end of 2008. We need more Quality.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »
No momentum. When you cough up a 25 point lead like that. The game was done and dusted with 5 or 6 minutes to go, still 3 goals up - Only Richmond can produce an outcome like today.

We have to many players WHO WILL NOT AND ARE NOT CAPABLE of WINNING KEY GAMES!

The sooner our supporters realise this the better. We need more quality in the side. Quality players dont make the mistakes that were made today. I am bitterly disappointed by this result, but deep down I know this group of players can only carry our club so far. To that end, I want Richmond to draft well at the end of 2008. We need more Quality.
I agree, but we still did better than most pundits would have thought. What i get a little cheesed about is last year we could have won more games and this year we could win many( well a few), by doing what every one else does and flood when you have a match winning lead.

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
Completely depends on how the players and coaches respond. If it drives us to bigger and better things then Yes. If we now stall and lose the plot then No.

We play Hawks next week. What's an acceptable result to say we have some forward momentum. I say we need to win.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Completely depends on how the players and coaches respond. If it drives us to bigger and better things then Yes. If we now stall and lose the plot then No.

We play Hawks next week. What's an acceptable result to say we have some forward momentum. I say we need to win.
No doubt. :thumbsup Do you anyone know anyone who might knee cap Buddy during the week? Can Thursty do the job? He`s a better chance than Merrit last night. Sometimes the best match up is the one where the two opponents are completely different in build. And i guess that is the case with most of Thursty`s opponents.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
Must win 1 of the next 3 Hawks, Cats, Saints.  2 would be great but cant see it. Massive chance against the saints if we play a quick side./

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
you have to take the positives out of the game, its a learning curve that the young blokes have to take on board.

i reckon there was a lot to like about the side today for our future. :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
we can beat the saints, no doubt, and i just hope we put a good effort v the cats, just wanna beat the dawks, would cream myself if we did

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
today showed, we need to move on some players who make to many mistakes and turnover the footy to often in clutch situations.

We need to address some issues with our team structure.

We really do need a big ruckman - a trade could be possible depending on who is available
Quality Midfielders and KPPs are available in the draft this year.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:55:45 PM »
you have to take the positives out of the game, its a learning curve that the young blokes have to take on board.

i reckon there was a lot to like about the side today for our future. :thumbsup

i agree, wasnt long ago the dogs killed us rnd 1 at the dome! we have hope, just have to fine tune a few things , have more depth and we will be a damn good side

we should have won today , but no one gave us a chance except us tiger fans, but the mere fact that we fought it out and never gave up is a very good sign, sure we stuffed the last 5 minutes but that was cos we changed our game style and try and waste time and wind the clock

the boys will learn

happy that our captain even though he buggers up occasionally is standing up and delivering .

i would start playing patto no1 ruck, we play better when he is running around and not the snake

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
today showed, we need to move on some players who make to many mistakes and turnover the footy to often in clutch situations.

We need to address some issues with our team structure.

We really do need a big ruckman - a trade could be possible depending on who is available
Quality Midfielders and KPPs are available in the draft this year.

we have been doing that, but we cant drop them all at once, newman stuffed up and cost us a few times today, so drop him, not yet no way, but tuck and simmonds are on very thin ice

Offline gonzo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
Does anyone think Bowden's experience would have changed things today as the Bulldogs kept coming

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 07:07:33 PM »
Must win 1 of the next 3 Hawks, Cats, Saints.  2 would be great but cant see it. Massive chance against the saints if we play a quick side./

If we can pinch a win against one of those teams (Saints), looking at the draw we have quite a good run home. We could be challenging for the lower regions of the 8.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »
Does anyone think Bowden's experience would have changed things today as the Bulldogs kept coming

no he would have coffed it up under pressure and starting icing the game earlier

we play better without him and jordan is a better rebounding flanker than he is