Author Topic: Player Club Dinner a Chance to Go compliments of 632RFC  (Read 3101 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Player Club Dinner a Chance to Go compliments of 632RFC
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
The annual Player Club Dinner is coming up on May 7th at Moonee Valley Race Club.

And in 2008 - one very lucky OERite has a chance to attend compliments of 632RFC

632RFC resides on the other side of the country and cannot attend. So to ensure the invite doesn't go to waste 632RFC would like someone from the forum to go.

After much discussion between the OER brainstrust  :P and of course 632RFC we've decided to offer the diner to the person who everyone thinks has contributed POST OF THE WEEK.

So to start things off we thought we offer up this beauty that had alot of people calling it POST of THE WEEK after the Tiges great win over Freo

From 2JD

Well I'm just a supporter and its not my fault we have been average for the last 25 years, and I'm still going to enjoy this win. I dont for a minute believe that all our troubles are over and I'm certainly not getting carried away, BUT, I am damn sick of all the party poopers trying to wreck my winning feeling by pointing out all the negative reasons we won.
This is a supporters forum, not the coaches box and what we say or feel on here has bugger all to do with how the club performs, so shut up with the constant negativeness and let us "simple" supporters bask for a week!   

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6881.msg95632#msg95632

======

From this week just in the last few hours we have from

bluey21

Absolutely awesome game from Lids     

Still think that Dreamtime game and the match last year against the Pies when he kicked 5 were better. But in this game what I loved was how everything clicked into place. His game had everything. Provided us with great run, won contested ball (absolutely loved it late in the 3rd when laid off a beaut handball to Richie while being tackled), very impressive defensive side to his game and kicked goals. That running goal early in the 4th was brilliant. Lids is really starting to step up and I hope before years end he can get himself into the elite category of AFL players.

BTW, hope Blingers is on a mission to prove himself against Buddy and all his critics next week 

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6957.msg96364#msg96364

====

And just posted in the last 30 minutes from

tiga

Not sure if anyone else has an opinion on this but I thought on first impressions that Brian Lake faked an Injury so a player with better accuracy could take the crucial shot at goal.
I saw him being taken off the ground and he seemed to be trotting freely to the boundary with just token support from the trainers. I wasn't at the game so I don't know the aftermath
but it sure looked fishy to me especially when he stood up and took a step or two when he claimed the mark and then he hit the ground quicker than a 2 dollar hooker!

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6963.msg96489#msg96489

=======

Please feel free to add anything by anyone that you think is worthy.... (remeber to inlcude the thread link :thumbsup

We will add a poll over the next few days

This is great offer from 632RFC and we pass on our thanks for this fantastic offer. I can vouch the Player Club dinner is a great night.  :thumbsup

Good luck

WP & MT and 632RFC

:cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

Re: Player Club Dinner a Chance to Go compliments of 632RFC
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
GONZO

1   Football / Richmond Rant / Re: aker on MMM after the game  on: Yesterday at 07:10:09 pm

Isn't nice to see the boys playing a better brand of football, knowing they may win  on any given weekend if playing to well and to instruction.  This year we will not win a premiership so lets see the players try to execute this same game plan for the rest of the year and maybe we will be better off in the future.

When can anyone tell me did Richmond win away from home by that margin last week (since 1982).  I cannot remember.  We ran the UNBEATEN dogs all the way today, yes we should have won, but Rome wasn't built in one day.  Based on the last two weeks we are on the improve.  No one expected us to topple the dogs today not even me.

Well done Richmond.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
Tiga's post IMO would be the best so far. Ripper post from a quality poster :thumbsup

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:05:53 PM »
As much as I enjoy the quality posts of both Tiga and Bluey, I'd have to go with 2JD's post this time, hit the nail on the head, it has been so bloody frustrating being a Richmond supporter over the last 25 years, honestly, people have forgotten how to enjoy a win.

Good to see X's positive posts over the last 24 hours too, he is pumped, he is so pumped I'd almost give him a game at the moment!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »
Some late comers:

From Stripes:

A great four quarter effort from the team and tremendous coaching from TW! 

I was particularly impressed by TW tactic to drop a big player (ie Richo, Polak, Patto) back into 'Buddies pocket' and forcing their forwards wide thus their low conversion rate.

The fact that TW had to change his game plan three times during the game to find a method to hamper the Hawks aggressive style adds more evidence to the fact that TW is a very good game day coach.

All in all I am very impressed with the progress of the team, style of play and culture at the club that has been growing over the year.

Here is hoping it continues 

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=7011.msg97638#msg97638
================================

From Smokey-58au

Many people have not paid enough respect to how good Hawthorn actually are and how hard EVERY side is finding it to shut them down.  We made them work bloody hard for 4 quarters and in the end they still didn't shake us.  We might not have played aesthetically pleasing or mistake free football but we reacted, coached and played in a manner that we needed to get a job done.  Their crap conversion was due in no small part to the game we forced them to play (our terms - good thing), we forced them wide and made them jump through hoops for an easy shot, and the large majority of their misses were from out wide on the 50 - percentage-wise the best we could hope for.

We had a plan, when it failed we reacted quickly and went to another plan, when that worked we very nearly beat a competition leader.  Not bad for our young side still learning - we have had a few good, confronting lessons in recent weeks and that's a good thing.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=7011.msg97641#msg97641

===========================
From Tigermonk

Moore did a good job harrassing Franklin
Franklin went to peices under preasure,  his a confidence player & when that confidence is put under the preasure he buckled
l dont reckon his as good as everyone is making out.  its easy being a receiver of the ball.
l dont rate him in the Carey mold at all.  A few more injuries like his damaged wing yesterday will be the end of boy Buddy   

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=7015.msg97631#msg97631

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
I'm not going this year.
I hope you say hello to my replacement, WP  ;)

I vote for 2JD's post  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
I'm not going this year.

It just wont be the same without you Moi

Do I know your replacement :-\

Moi

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »
I'm not going this year.

Do I know your replacement :-\
Pretty sure you know him  ;)
Should be a good night.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »
Pretty sure you know him  ;)
Should be a good night.

:thumbsup :bow :bow

:cheers

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:15:37 PM »
Spare salmon available to a good home if it's on the menu.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
2JD  congrats on winning the prize  have a very enjoyable evening  maybe you might even catch up with some other OERites 632 RFC
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:33:16 PM »
Have a good night 2JD  :thumbsup

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 07:33:30 PM »
Thank you so much 632 RFC, and WP and MT. I am so stoked!!!What on earth do I wear? Are you sure you cant come Moi? lol
Thanks everyone! :cheers

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
Congrats 2JD :thumbsup

Envy of the town you are >:( ;) :rollin

Moi

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »
Are you sure you cant come Moi? lol
Been there done that a few times.
It's a good night but I get up at 4am for work so not condusive to mid-week functions on the other side of town.
While most would cope, I don't these days lol
Say hi to Rainsey for me  :-*