Author Topic: Richmond interested in young Freo ruckman Warnock  (Read 16824 times)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Richmond interested in young Freo ruckman Warnock
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »
I heard today that Kingy may be offered up as trade bait at years end. The story goes that he was told this weeks a go which he was not particularly impressed by.

I think we need a player like warnock but not at any expense.

Stripes

we must trade king. he just does not have what it takes. sure he has attitude and tries hard, but so did fleming. fabts are king is too small, if he was as good as foley the story would be different, but we have played our best footy without him him defence.
king should be proud and happy he was given a chance but facts are facts, he is just a good vfl player. smart forwards expose him and take him to teh square and opposition let him run because more often then not he just buggers up by running into trouble.
imo, king gone/traded and raines also.  whe have plenty better than those 2 who will help us progress further
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
I heard today that Kingy may be offered up as trade bait at years end. The story goes that he was told this weeks a go which he was not particularly impressed by.

I think we need a player like warnock but not at any expense.

Stripes
Is that rumour based on the other rumour that's been posted on here about a month ago? The 'not particulary impressed' part coming first and as a result he's going to get the flick.

I'd find it strange a player would be told midseason that he is going to be traded. Kingy's not in Tivs' situation who knows his time is up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 01:39:54 AM »
The Age still has us one of 3 clubs connected to Warnock

Warnock is considered the more likely to return home, with Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond heading the list of club vying for his services. The Demons have the advantage of premium (pre-season) draft position, while Carlton has a strong connection via football operations manager Stephen Icke, who has a longstanding relationship with Warnock's parents.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-interested-in-roo/2008/08/13/1218307010855.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »
Ch 10 news showed Wallace saying today we are looking out for another ruckman and so Warnock will be one on our radar.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
The Age still has us one of 3 clubs connected to Warnock

Warnock is considered the more likely to return home, with Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond heading the list of club vying for his services. The Demons have the advantage of premium (pre-season) draft position, while Carlton has a strong connection via football operations manager Stephen Icke, who has a longstanding relationship with Warnock's parents.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-interested-in-roo/2008/08/13/1218307010855.html

Yep, it looks like the Tiges are going after him.
Gaddy said on FC last night that the pre season draft pick is there and that's what it will be used for. Well I know Freo have made some stupid mistakes over the years, but I don't think they will be giving him away for nothing. As it stands we might have to upgrade our 2nd rd pick for him, our current one which sits around 24 or 25 might be a bit short of what's required.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »
Would rather just take Vickery with our first selection

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »
With so many clubs interested I can see us getting Warnock without paying over the odds for him = needing to give up our first round pick. The only thing we will do is force Melbourne to have to trade something decent for Warnock rather than just picking him up for free in the PSD.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace confirms that Tigers will chase Warnock (Age)
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 02:33:28 AM »
Wallace confirms that Tigers will chase Warnock
Lyall Johnson | August 20, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace yesterday flagged the club's interest in pursuing Fremantle giant Robert Warnock.

The 206-centimetre, 21-year-old Docker, who was drafted in 2005 from Sandringham under 18s but has played only 21 games, is out of contract this season and has indicated he wants to return home.

The Tigers, with Troy Simmonds playing a lone hand in the ruck while Adam Pattison and former Bomber Tristan Cartledge develop, are in desperate need of another tall centre-square option.

Fremantle is trying to hold Warnock, with coach Mark Harvey yesterday lashing out at Melbourne for making a presentation to the player last week. "I thought it was an interesting tactic," Harvey said. "I don't think he (Warnock) has been affected by what appears to be an ambush."

Wallace said yesterday he was certain the Tigers would talk to Warnock about the possibility of coming to Punt Road.

"He's a big boy, he's a big lad. And he's a Melbourne-based boy who looks clearly like he's coming back to Melbourne," Wallace said. "Of course, from a recruiting perspective, we'd be in the marketplace.

"My job at this time of the year is to concentrate on the last two games of the season and let the recruiting boys do what they need to do. I don't like to get clouded between the two at this stage of the year but we probably are looking for another ruckman, so he'd be on our radar."

Warnock visited Demon headquarters last Thursday after accepting an invitation from former Dockers coach Chris Connolly, now Melbourne football operations manager.

But when Warnock arrived, Connolly, Melbourne coach Dean Bailey and a group of players clad in suits were there to greet him, armed with a powerpoint presentation in their bid to entice him to the club.

The in-demand Warnock, whose brother plays at Melbourne, could command about $1 million over the next three years on the open market, with a number of Victorian clubs expected to bid for his services.

The Demons, who are almost certain to finish last, could snare Warnock without trading for him via the pre-season draft.

Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich is expected to talk with Warnock and his manager Colin Young over the coming weeks about a new deal.

Warnock, who had season-ending shoulder surgery after round 17, managed only nine games this year, spending most of the first half of the season battling for form in the WAFL.

"Robbie's a required player and in the end, that will be his decision about what he wants to do," Harvey said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-will-chase-warnock/2008/08/19/1218911718259.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
Raines or Oakley Nicholls for Warnock swaight swap.
Fair deal for both clubs I would have thought..
If we pay any more than that the recruiters should be shot. Dead....
Seriously, what has Warnock done other than being 206cm tall.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 09:51:35 AM »
$330k a year for a 21 year old that has played 20 games and showed eff all?

FFS Richmond, don't you bloody dare.  :banghead

We're paying Cartledge, Graham and Patto as reasonable money as young ruckman why pay over the odds in trade and salary for a player who has shown nothing more?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:05 AM »
$330k a year for a 21 year old that has played 20 games and showed eff all?

FFS Richmond, don't you bloody dare.  :banghead

We're paying Cartledge, Graham and Patto as reasonable money as young ruckman why pay over the odds in trade and salary for a player who has shown nothing more?
I agree.  You would hope that there is a bit of 'behind the scenes' play going on here, maybe trying to get Melb to pay top dollar and take them out of some other trading equation that we have planned?

Ox

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Jeff White I'm told.... :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »
Jeff White I'm told.... :thumbsup

With a severe reduction in salary and picked up with a late PSD pick it would be a better option than Warnock but I'd prefer neither by far.

We already have 4-5 ruckman on our list.  How many do we want!~?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 07:46:52 PM »
Does anyone know what pick he was in the draft?

Patto and Raines to freo.

warnock to the tigers.

done deal.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 10:00:30 PM »
Does anyone know what pick he was in the draft?

Patto and Raines to freo.

warnock to the tigers.

done deal.

Ah, looked it up today, and from memory it was pick 42 in the 2005 draft.
EAT EM ALIVE!