Author Topic: Tuesdays with Terry 29/4  (Read 1100 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuesdays with Terry 29/4
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
A brief snippett so far from SEN of Tuesdays with Terry

* We've played pretty good footy over the past two weeks but we've only got 2 points for it so we're not getting carried. You play to get results.

* The AFL should come down hard on the Swans for having 19 men on the field. If it's only a couple of grand fine and it's a draw then throw some more [players] out there.

* We haven't had an issue with rotations (80 is our average) and players getting confused as to who is coming on and off.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:33:06 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tuesdays with Terry 29/4
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
Wallace calls for action on 19th man
Jon Pierik | April 29, 2008 01:25pm

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says the AFL must take a strong stand to ensure no club again uses an illegal 19th player.

The AFL is investigating an incident where the Swans had an extra player on the field in the closing seconds of Sunday's drawn match with North Melbourne at the Telstra Dome.

Swans ruckman Darren Jolly seemingly should have come off the ground but remained on and had a hand in the passage of play which resulted in teammate Brett Kirk's score-levelling rushed behind.

"I think it's an interesting one. Whatever happens will be setting the precedent for the future and I would think you would want to set a reasonably strong stand on it,'' Wallace said today at Punt Rd.

"I know it's probably happened by misfortune and by bad luck but you would still want to put a pretty strong stance on it because if it's a couple of grand fine and the game is a draw, you would just throw an extra one out there."

"I don't know what the answer to that is. But clearly if you are in the Kangaroos corner you would be pretty disappointed the 19th bloke is getting a touch of the ball and impacting the game," he said.

"I know if it was us we would be very disappointed and I would be going to our management and asking questions about what could be done about the game because obviously it is an unfair playing field.

"I think Dean would be having any right to ask the question."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23616604-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond expect Saints to target Richo (The Age)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »
Richmond expect Saints to target Richo
The Age
April 29, 2008 - 1:53PM

Richmond coach Terry Wallace expects St Kilda to come up with a ploy to try and stop Matthew Richardson continuing to flourish in his new role.

One of the features of Richmond's much-improved AFL form in the last three weeks has been Richardson's superb work off the wing.

The Tigers and Saints will meet at Telstra Dome on Saturday night, with Richmond wanting to capitalise on their form surge and the Saints badly needing a win.

Privately, Richmond expect Saints utility Jason Blake will tag Richardson.

But Wallace did not discount the prospect of Richardson and Saints key forward Nick Riewoldt opposed to each other on a wing.

Riewoldt will also start on a wing at times.

Asked whether fans might be treated to the unusual sight of Richardson and Riewoldt playing on opposite wings, Wallace replied: "... or on the same wing, absolutely, that could quite easily happen.

"I've seen Nick play those sorts of roles before, it depends what they're doing with their structure, doesn't it?

"It depends what is happening with Fraser (Gehrig), the ruck situation - whether Michael Gardiner comes back into the side, which we think would be a reasonable chance."

http://news.smh.com.au/richmond-expect-saints-to-target-richo/20080429-299r.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond expect Saints to target Richo (The Age)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »
But Wallace did not discount the prospect of Richardson and Saints key forward Nick Riewoldt opposed to each other on a wing.

Riewoldt will also start on a wing at times.

Asked whether fans might be treated to the unusual sight of Richardson and Riewoldt playing on opposite wings, Wallace replied: "... or on the same wing, absolutely, that could quite easily happen.
Richo better take a box of tissues for Nick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough: Saints don't 'own' us (Sportal)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »
Plough: Saints don't 'own' us
29/04/2008 4:28:11 PM
Angus Morgan
Sportal

Richmond coach Terry Wallace has likened this weekend's Round 7 clash with St Kilda to a final in terms of being able to set the team for a special effort ahead of the Hall of Fame Tribute Match.

Addressing his regular Tuesday media conference at Punt Road, Wallace rejected the view that the Saints, who have won the past nine clashes between these teams by an average of 51 points, 'owned' the Tigers.

He said he's been pleased with his team's endeavour and the focus on tackling and pressure in recent weeks, and expected more of the same on Saturday night at Telstra Dome.

Full article at:
http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/plough-saints-dont-own-us-47499

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Saints plan for 'Everywhere Man' Richo (The Age)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:59 PM »
Saints plan for 'Everywhere Man' Richo
The Age
April 29, 2008 - 6:08PM

Richmond's "everywhere man" Matthew Richardson will be the subject of much St Kilda planning for their AFL match on Saturday night at Telstra Dome.

The key forward's devastating runs off the wing have been a high-profile feature of Richmond's much-improved form over the last three weeks.

Privately, the Tigers expect St Kilda will use tall utility Jason Blake as a tag on Richardson.

"He's been running back, running forward, using him on the switch, he's the everywhere man," said Saints coach Ross Lyon.

"I think there's loose men back to defend and there's loose men back to attack and I think he's struck a really nice balance with both - we'll go to match committee and consider it.

"I've worked with Richo years ago and he's one that gets spoken about a lot, he's a very special player and it takes a player with an enormous workrate to play on him.

"We feel we've got a couple of them - Blake, (Jason) Gram, Sam Fisher - we've got some super athletes that can really run.

"You mightn't be able to stop his attack so much, but you might be able to attack through him a little bit."

Richardson's revised role and Nick Riewoldt's readiness to work up the ground means two of the league's biggest marking forwards might find themselves on opposite wings during the match.

When asked about the pair, Wallace even raised the prospect of them lining up alongside each other.

"I've seen Nick play those sorts of roles before, it depends what they're doing with their structure, doesn't it?" he said.

"It depends what is happening with Fraser (Gehrig), the ruck situation - whether Michael Gardiner comes back into the side, which we think would be a reasonable chance."

Saturday shapes as a massive game for the two teams - the Tigers need reward for effort after the draw against the Western Bulldogs and a hard-working loss to Hawthorn, while there are suddenly big question marks over St Kilda.

Much has justifiably been made of Richmond's improved workrate and tackling over the last three weeks.

Lyon said it can be traced to the middle of last season.

"We noted their change in the second half of last year," he said.

"Clearly their contested ball they consistently win it, Terry's not playing anyone that won't tackle, they've made some philosophical shifts.

"I think when people talk about Richmond, do they talk about the mechanics of their game changing dramatically?

"All I'm reading is about their spirit, the effort and the hardness and I think that highlights what I'm talking about."

Wallace has no doubt the Saints will also bring plenty of competition to Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

"It's a very important game ... you've got the bye the week after, so from that point of view it gets the set-up of almost a final, because you've got one week and then the opportunity to get a break," he said.

"We've had tough games against unbeaten sides, we come off the break and play Geelong next.

"Obviously St Kilda have been under their own sort of pressure publicly, which we probably went through three weeks ago.

"Usually you get a pretty strong resolve that comes along with that pressure that's applied from different quarters - it will be a really interesting game."

http://news.theage.com.au/saints-plan-for-everywhere-man-richo/20080429-299r.html

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »
Praise for Richmond - not sure how to deal with that  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
Praise for Richmond - not sure how to deal with that  ;D

Jason Blake, vs Richo match up

:pray

Little Jackie

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 09:33:14 PM »
Blake is a lot better than people think.
Seen him play on Judd last year, has great endurance.. Interesting match up actually.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »
Blake is a lot better than people think

Blake is gash.

Rubbsh footballer. Tivendale, taller and doper.