Author Topic: Richo Brownlow??  (Read 9412 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richo Brownlow??
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
well i put 100 on him weeks ago when the odds were 301-1

lets hope the big fella brings home the medal and the bacon for me :-)

You backed him weeks ago?

This is what you posted about him April 7 - some 3 weeks ago:

275     Football / Richmond Rant / Re: WTF, our fwd line
on: April 07, 2008, 02:18:52 pm
i have said it b4
richo is 100% effort = 0 reward

282     Football / Richmond Rant / Re: WTF, our fwd line
on: April 07, 2008, 01:55:59 pm
richo deflates the team with his pathetic skill level and brain made of mush. he would not get a game elsewhere with his pathetic skills and lack of understandingthe modern game

the only thing richo is still good at is choking and stuffing up

Typical X.

Changes his mind all the time.

Wasn't so long ago he was calling for Terry's head. But before that he was all for Terry. And now he is again.

Nothing he says actually matters because you know at some stage he has said the exact opposite.

this is why u will always be just a boy

yes i was cqalling for terrys head

but what did i say, so stop being a eff head and read entire posts

once again, i will repeat myself for your dumbbehind brain

i said terry should be sacked if he does not make changes and things keep going as they are! i said, i said that richo had to be taken out of fwd 50 like many ppl have said

i said terry has to change his game plan

well dick head

since then terry has done all these things!

so i am allowed to now say well done to him and have now said that if terry keeps this us and we keep improving, i canb see his contract being extended

now what part of that dont u underestand phuckknuckle! ?

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
Did himself no harm tonight the big fella with another great game.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 05:26:27 AM »
If I was giving the votes I'd give Milne 3  :banghead, Simmo 2 and Richo 1  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 08:54:37 AM »
he may get 2 votes last night.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
he may get 2 votes last night.

Agree two votes last night. Would have been 3 had we won.
According to my opinion he "should have 12 Votes"

3 V Carlton in Rd 1
3 V Freo    in Rd 4
3 v Dogs    in Rd 5
1 V Hawks  in Rd 6
2 V Saints  in Rd 7

Right now a bona fide chance to take Charlie home in September.

Ramps

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
This may be a stupid point, but it may come down to how many games we win as a club. If we can rack up another 7 or 8 wins then thats 7 or 8 - 3,2, and 1 votes. Richo is a big chance. It would be a great reward for a great player and the difference between him being acknowledged in the AFL as a champion or not.

Common Richo, deliver another RFC Brownlow.  :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
If I was giving the votes I'd give Milne 3  :banghead, Simmo 2 and Richo 1  :thumbsup.

Glad to see someone give credit to Troy Simmonds MT  :clapping he did a great job last night & will get the umpire votes
People are too Richo at present & players like Simmonds, Tuck, should be rewarded

Moi

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 01:35:13 PM »
Should he be playing in the game next week or is that worth another thread?
For the sake of my money, no he shouldn't play.
For the sake of the club, we should rest him
For personal glory - a once in a lifetime experience

I'd let him play, but I'd be spewing if something happened to him.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 01:36:24 PM »
started at 1000/1 now sitting at 20/1 for the brownlow richo
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
Should he be playing in the game next week or is that worth another thread?
For the sake of my money, no he shouldn't play.
For the sake of the club, we should rest him
For personal glory - a once in a lifetime experience

I'd let him play, but I'd be spewing if something happened to him.

Let him play its his call & his reward for being a great player  :clapping
l'm scared a Geelong player will try take him out in that game so they dont have to face him in 2 weeks :(

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »
Glad to see someone give credit to Troy Simmonds MT  :clapping he did a great job last night & will get the umpire votes
People are too Richo at present & players like Simmonds, Tuck, should be rewarded
Stop it TM, its becoming a habit.  :thumbsup

Simmonds ran himself into the ground last night and as my son pointed out to me 5 minutes before the end of the game, he was spent, he couldn't raise himself off the ground.  He got his 'mojo' back last night and Browny wasn't far behind.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 03:41:21 AM »
Even Kouta was on the Richo Brownlow bandwagon yesterday morning. As Ramps said it all depends on how many game we can win and how competitive we are in our losses. Richo winning it would also make a change from midfielders winning it every year although playing on the wing I guess he is classed as one now lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Punters back Richo for Brownlow Medal (The Age)
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2008, 04:53:50 AM »
Punters back Richo for Brownlow Medal
Jake Niall | May 6, 2008 | The Age

AFTER six rounds, Matthew Richardson was assessed as a 100-1 chance to win the Brownlow. One game later, TAB Sportsbet has him equal-third favourite for the medal at $9.

The plunge on the beloved Richo has been astonishing, and invites the question: Can this freakish 33-year-old Tiger, freed from the constraints of his forward 50-metre cage, become the game's oldest — and probably most popular — Brownlow medallist in history?

His former teammate, Bulldogs assistant coach Wayne Campbell, reckons Richo is a "massive chance" if he continues in his revamped role. "He polls very well," said Campbell.

Richardson has had four outstanding games in 2008 and should be polling votes in each of those games. Sportsbet believes he has "eight or nine votes" at this stage; in a more optimistic scenario, he could have 11 or 12.

Many within the game, including his coach Terry Wallace, reckon he has never been more productive or influential.

He leads the competition in marks and in his specialty, the contested mark. He is winning more of the ball than ever before, while still exceeding his career goal averages (3.43 this year).

If key forwards don't win what has become a "midfielder's medal", then some judges note that Richardson's prospects have been enhanced by the inspired decision to play him in what might henceforth be called "the Richo role".

And it is a role, not a position. Since round four, when Wallace unleashed his massive aerobic capacity on a hapless Fremantle, starting him as a 195-centimetre, 104-kilogram wingman, Richardson has not failed to gather 19 or more possessions or kick at least three goals in any game. Richardson is understood to have covered about 17 kilometres — Brent Harvey-like territory — in his 27-disposal, four-goal display against Hawthorn, when he ran back to obstruct Buddy Franklin and then sprinted forward to provide the Tigers with their only viable tall target.

He is playing more like a basketball centre, sprinting from one rim to the other, than a conventional midfielder. Just as Alexander the Great stationed himself where the battle was most intense, Richo goes to where he's needed most. He is gathering almost 20% of his ball in the defensive 50-metre arc, more touches in the middle and still kicking goals.

"We just play him where we feel that he is having a bigger impact on the game," Wallace explained, after his 22 touches and five goals failed to get the Tigers over St Kilda. "Even in the third quarter we moved him up onto the wing to get our momentum back going back our way. That's how much impact he is having on it." This high-possession and higher-impact role, presumably, will make him more appealing to the umpires.

"He's a definite chance," said Richardson's old coach, Danny Frawley. "He's going to be in the umpire's eye a whole lot more."

Frawley said the game's quickened pace of the past 18 months — wherein rapid ball movement (and constant running) has countered flooding — has aided Richo. Finally, the times suit him, and his package of size, athleticism and stamina.

It is remarkable that the game has moved in a more accommodating direction for a 33-year-old in his 16th season. As Campbell said, Richardson has emerged with a hyper-athletic style, despite receiving the kind of battering that Wayne Carey and Dermott Brereton endured in their shorter careers.

He's played only one finals series in 15 frustrating years, and should the planets continue to align, a Brownlow would be an irresistible bookend to the Richo story.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/punters-back-richo-for-brownlow/2008/05/05/1209839553703.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »
 :pray

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »
He hasn't been setting the media awards on fire as yet, he's on 11 in the HUN (Cooney on 16 or 17 I think)

It would be great to see him win it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do