Author Topic: We are the better side  (Read 3050 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
We are the better side
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:16:16 AM »
Just to borrow a quote from Grant Thomas  ;D.

Next year when we play the Saints we will flog 'em. Bookmark it.

Before last night's game they replayed on the big screens our last win over St Kilda back in 2003 (sheesh some of those names Houlihan, Fleming, etc :-X). Looking back the young Saints dominated play (especially the last quarter) but mistakes and missed chances (while we made the most of our fewer chances) made the difference. Last night it was the reverse. We were on top in general play but braindead mistakes  :banghead and missed chances proved costly. In another year's time with more experience and some more young and classier inclusions we'll pump them IMO. Sounds stupid after a loss but the Saints had virtually their best and most experienced line up on the park last night and they were beaten in almost every department except where it counts on scoreboard. Next time we meet which is next year we will make it count against them overrated frontrunners.       
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We are the better side
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 09:43:16 AM »
I agree MT, we are a team on the way up, and last night we met a team on the way down and I cant wait for the day they crash! I had one cocky young saints supporter last night tell me this was the first time he has felt nervous playing Richmond and his mate said "Richo's a dud". Arrogant young B's
It was easier to roll my eyes and say "whatever" than go in to a 30 minute rant pointing out their obvious stupidity. God I wanted to win last night! :banghead

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »
Agree for the most part though our reliance on a number of 30+ olds is a concern , not that we are alone in that regard...
The talent on their list 25 and under is very average isn't it..

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
l dont find the Saints over rated at all,  they won the game simple as that with 16 fit men on the field give them credit
we played ugly football again & payed for it.
we are simply not as good as everyone thinks.
Saints were so badly out of form, yet we cant beat them when they are down & out injured
A normal coach would have sent a player out to fix Milne & put him out of the game, just like McGuane did to sooky Nick.
Newman = Cancer at the moment his so badly out of form & is the cause of the ugly play every week FACT
Except it end of story.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
there is no honour in losing.
who says we will get better?

we played a side that was down on players and down on just about everything and we lost. not good enough and changes need to be made

4 wins for the year..i wouldn't be ruling out our special pick
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »
there is no honour in losing.
who says we will get better?

we played a side that was down on players and down on just about everything and we lost. not good enough and changes need to be made

4 wins for the year..i wouldn't be ruling out our special pick
Bookmark this post.  It is going to seem so silly and blinkered by season's end.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
i accept a loss against the hawks cause they are the hawks and a potential grand final side.

now if u accept losing to the saints is fine, well good luck with that champ.

we should've won and didn't and thats bad football. simple as that...!!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »
i accept a loss against the hawks cause they are the hawks and a potential grand final side.

No champ, bad football is what we played against Collingwood, bad football is what we played for a large part of the North game, some bad decisions are what we made at times last night.  There is a big difference champ and ALL teams make bad decisions during a game, the good teams make less of them and recover quicker from them.  We are making less bad decisions in a game champ and will play less bad games this year than the last few, and your constant whining and calls for immediate change and self gratification will more look more and more silly as the year goes on.  Champ.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
stuff the score board, we are the better team  and deserved the win

sure we lost , but we were the winners so to speak

we played a team that has 8 yrs in the making and development

we are going places....upward places

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
eff the score board, we are the better team  and deserved the win

sure we lost , but we were the winners so to speak

we played a team that has 8 yrs in the making and development

we are going places....upward places
Agree 100% :gotigers

Little Jackie

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:54:19 PM »

No champ, bad football is what we played against Collingwood, bad football is what we played for a large part of the North game, some bad decisions are what we made at times last night.  There is a big difference champ and ALL teams make bad decisions during a game, the good teams make less of them and recover quicker from them.  We are making less bad decisions in a game champ and will play less bad games this year than the last few, and your constant whining and calls for immediate change and self gratification will more look more and more silly as the year goes on.  Champ.

You must of been at a different game to me and Daniel 161 ::)
We are playing bad footy, we are trying and giving our all but the mistakes that were made last night were inforgivable.( we should of won by 5 goals)
Schulz, Tuck, Newman, McMahon made some horrible mistakes, Schulz and Tuck dont seem to have learnt.
Tucks handball in the 3rd quarter was school boy stuff, Schulz had no idea what so ever in the last 10 minutes continually taking his direct opponent to the contest thus making it extremely hard for Richo when he was running hot, Newman was pathetic when staging for the free kick in the 3rd quarter while Milne kicked the easiest of goals, and as for McMahon, oh dear, $300,000 a year for that garbage, you must be kidding

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 07:28:22 PM »
No, same game, just watched it through eyes without prejudice and axes to grind.

Little Jackie

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
No, same game, just watched it through eyes without prejudice and axes to grind.

Lol. We should of won by at least 5 goals and we didnt, I wonder why ? ::) ::) ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

You would think that those axes would now be little swiss knives after all the grinding

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »

Lol. We should of won by at least 5 goals and we didnt, I wonder why ? ::) ::) ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead
Same reason we drew with the Bulldogs.  Same reason we will win both games from the same position next year.  Maturity.