Author Topic: Richo on Sport 927 (audio and summary)  (Read 581 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »
Richo joins us to chat about Saturday's AFL Hall of Fame match between Victoria and The Dream Team.

http://www.sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/MR_070508.asx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richo on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »
Summary

* Favourite carbo - pasta (bolognaise) once a week before the game. Love to have it every night but Richo said he's afraid he'll get too big (laughs).

* Brownlow? Not even talking about that sort of stuff. It's only round 7.

* Instructions given by the coaching staff since playing on the wing?

Basically playing as a wingman and helping the defence when I think it's appropriate and pushing forward when I think I can kick a goal. Richo said it hasn't rejuvenated him as he's always been enthusiastic about his footy. It has released the shackles a bit and gives you a bit more freedom compared to playing up forrward and always having a man on you.

* When playing deep forward you rely on your teammates to deliver it to you. Up-field you can help out more especially if you're struggling.

* Frustrating (re: the "hounourable losses"). There's been improvement but that doesn't count for much if you're not getting the 4 points.

* He wanted to play in the hall of fame game all along. Hopes he survives the final cut to 25. Simmo is rapt to be involved and Foley can't wait to play along Judd and co. 

* It would be sensational for Tassie to have their own team. Tassie has produced champions like Baldock, Stewart, Hart who are in the top dozen of the greatest players.