Author Topic: Gordon Ramsey  (Read 7963 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gordon Ramsey
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
Ramsay isn't discriminative - he swears at everyone equally  ;D

Good to see our tax dollars being spent by the pollies on the important issues  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:43 PM »
Ramsay isn't discriminative - he swears at everyone equally  ;D

Except his mum.  ;D He's really precious about his mum. Hypocrite.  :rollin

richmondrules

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

Gordon Ramsay remains unapologetic about language

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23893889-2902,00.html

June 20, 2008 10:48am

GORDON Ramsay has responded to Australian politicians complaining about his swearing... by swearing.
The foul-mouthed British TV chef reacted with typical colour today to news a Senate committee has proposed changes to broadcasting standards, prompted by his expletive-ridden outbursts.

Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi complained one episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares contained "the F-word'' 80 times in its 40 minutes.

The committee has recommended parental lock-out systems be made standard for all digital televisions and says the industry should clarify what is meant by the terms "occasional, some and frequent'' coarse language.

Ramsay's response on morning TV today was relatively mild by his standards, probably falling into the "some'' coarse language category.

The unapologetic chef told the Nine Network the kitchen was a high pressure environment, and he lamented reports the Senate wanted to introduce tighter measures.

"Oh dear, that must be (a) catastrophe, no? Turn over (the TV channel), isn't it easier, eh?'' he said.

"I don't mean to swear, it's just the muppets I have to work with sometimes. We have a good day where things run to total perfection but throw a donkey in the mix and, yeah, you're in the s**t.

"The minute you start running the kitchen like it's some form of limp d**k society, trust me, get out.

"I want to run a proper kitchen with a pair of b******s, not stand there and wish everybody a Merry Christmas and pat them on the back every time they do a good job.

"It's high pressure, high energy and, more importantly, real - that's how we keep it every day.''

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
Our politicians should focus on getting a handle on the economy & inflation first as well as their own looney tunes Colleagues like Belinda Neal!!! I can't believe this crap. Gordon is who he is!! As has been said before....If you don't like him...Don't watch him!!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 02:36:24 AM »
Who cares what Ramsay says nor what the politians think in this case. It's opinionated commentary on subjects like this that distract people from the real issues that should be worrying them not whether a guy swears on the job. Wonder how many times in a game do footballers swear as a whole. Big deal.

Moi

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 06:47:54 AM »
What if Ramsay's employees all returned the favour and starting mouthing off at him, is that okay?
To me he's just setting an example for others to do the same.
I don't watch the show, so can someone tell me if they swear back at him and if he reacts?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50:24 PM »
Moi, I can only speak on what I've seen and plenty of the people he works with in his shows give as good as they get and Ramsay just keeps on ticking. One things for sure....He ain't no hypocrite. He actually tries to instill vocalisation in the people he works with so as long as the swearing is not loud enough to be heard by the patrons, he doesn't seem to really care whats said as long as it ends in "Chef".

Moi

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »
I hear he doesn't swear in front of his own kids, but inflicts his abuse on ours.
Sad world!  :banghead

Tigermonk

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
I hear he doesn't swear in front of his own kids, but inflicts his abuse on ours.

Gordon Ramsey is a stuffwit

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 02:23:45 AM »

I know the guy is a hypocrite and the swearing just adds to the vibe of superiority he is trying to create. Must be suffering from SWS. (Small Willy Syndrome)
If the kids want to watch cooking shows without the sailor talk then they could always watch the much more friendly Ainslie or the much more attractive and well endowed Nigella on pay tv. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
The swearing doesn't do his publicity any harm and it's now his calling-card but from those I know who worked in restaurants they've known plenty of chefs just like Ramsay and a kitchen isn't for the faint-hearted. They also said a lot people wouldn't eat the food if they saw what goes on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Ramsay must have seen this thread's poll and answered pig lol. It's all done for publicity and attention. You would've hardly known he was even in the country if it wasn't for this fracas with Tracy.

bushranger

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
Love him or hate him I bet he wouldn't give a rat backside.
But it is his swearing that has now become the man himself.

To watch a show without him swearing we would turn off right away.
He is passionate with food and this is what he is doing his best to convey to us.

And this thing with Tracey I really don't care one way or the other to be honest.
But the woman reporter that chased him just to see if she could get him to bite was just the same a the tabloids would do.
I am unsure of what channel they were reporting for but they need to look at themselves as it was poor.

And yes I hate cooking shows but I do watch his as I like the passion he has for it.