Author Topic: Who gets the job on Goodes this week?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who gets the job on Goodes this week?
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »
Who gets the job on Goodes this week. Do we do the dream match-up of Richo vs Goodes or go with someone else?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Who gets the job on Goodes this week?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
Who gets the job on Goodes this week. Do we do the dream match-up of Richo vs Goodes or go with someone else?

Polo.

Hyde out.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
Richo....

and watch Goodes do the chasing  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
Kel Moore.

Would be interesting to see if Kel is more than just a 3rd defensive tall with a bit of pace.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »
Richo if on the wing. Plough won't do a Williams in the hall of fame game and trap the big fella permenantly in the goalsquare while allowing Goodes runs around loose. 

I think we'll need Thursty and Moore in defence on the likes of O'Loughlin and Nick Davis if he plays.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »
i think davis will come in this week.

roosy knows our form with smallish forwards so he will probably bring him in..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 05:55:41 PM »
First post from me.  Lifelong Tiger supporter now living in Sydney. Because I like footy I catch most Swans home games (and catch a lot of flack from my family for it). I'm wondering who you folks think will be the best matchup will be for Ryan O'Keefe. He seems to be the key hitup man for the Swans.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »
Welcome Muscles.

It's a good question, O'Keefe is a star and needs to be respected, I'd say Kel Moore as he'll have the height advantage to counter O;Keefe's strong marking for his size and Moore has good speed.  :thumbsup

i think davis will come in this week.

roosy knows our form with smallish forwards so he will probably bring him in..

Davis is still banished isnt he?  :clapping

EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »
Richo....

and watch Goodes do the chasing  ;D

Not funny WP I agree wholeheartedly, a real match up for the footy neutral and purists and I agree with the fact that Goodes will be chasing Richo. If it does eventuate would be a smart move by Richo to play wing and forward to keep Goodes from being damaging and be that extra tall in the forward line, therefore making Goodesy more accountable. Added pressure on the Swans. We aren't expected to win so let them be reactive to what we dish out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
It's a good question, O'Keefe is a star and needs to be respected, I'd say Kel Moore as he'll have the height advantage to counter O;Keefe's strong marking for his size and Moore has good speed.  :thumbsup
I'd go with Moore on O'Keefe too as Kel can also go with O'Keefe outside 50 when O'Keefe pushes and leads up the ground. Thursty to get O'Loughlin.

ps. Welcome to OER Muscles  :).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo v Goodes at the SCG? (AFL)
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »
Richo v Goodes at the SCG?
Aidan Ormond
 3:46 PM Fri 30 May, 2008

SYDNEY Swans coach Paul Roos has forecast a possible match-up between Brownlow Medallist Adam Goodes and born-again midfielder Matthew Richardson on Sunday at the SCG.

Goodes has been in stellar form this season, averaging almost 20 disposals per game while Richardson has loved his roaming role on the wing and is near the top of Brownlow betting for 2008.

The pair are big enough to be ruckmen with Goodes standing at 194cm and weighing 96kg, and Richardson 195cm and 104kg, but both have excelled in midfield running roles this season.

However, Roos said the dream match-up would depend on that tactics of Richmond coach Terry Wallace.

“It depends on what they [Richmond] do with Adam,” Roos said.

“He [Richardson] has played a bit on the wing, a bit inside.

"So we might see him [Goodes] on Richo at some stage but he generally plays on a genuine midfielder inside and at centre bounces.

"It may happen but perhaps not for an extended period of time.”

“Goodsey usually lets me know before training who he wants to play on,” added Roos with a smile.

Roos said he had been impressed by the Tigers this season. He said last season's wooden spooners had toughened up around the footy.

“They've become a really good inside team with some hard bodies around the footy with guys like Kane Johnson, [Shane] Tuck and [Nathan] Foley," Roos said.

“And Nathan Brown's comeback and Richo [Matthew Richardson] almost in career-best form. I certainly like the way they go about their footy.

“We're well aware they're a hard side, a contested footy side, so we're under no illusions.”

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=60555