Author Topic: ramps is right  (Read 6615 times)

Ramps

Re: ramps is right
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
Well Hellenic Tiger 74 if you think tanking is okay then go to Carlton where you belong as I think its totally wrong. Stuff top draft picks. We usually pick up crap anyway.
I kwon that if I was in a fight I wouldn't want you on my side as you would be the one running from the battle, cause its easier to run than fight for what is yours.
This is what is wrong with the side its easier to lose than to fight or even put up a half a fight. We once had a good fighting spirit bnut now it looks like all we are after is draft picks. Stuff'em. Lets fight this out to the end of the season and have some pride in what we are.

Theres a lack of reality in your post. the reality is we need more class. the reality is we can get more class by tanking, the reality is if we dont tank none of us will see a flag before we all end up on the old age pension, the reality is our club will probably go down the tubes if we get no success over the next 5 years coz we cant afford to lose another generation of supporters, the reality is we have to tank to give ourselves a chance. thats the reality of it, and if we dont tank we are stupid.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
Ok mate its attitudes like these that keep the club where they are in the s***house for so long . You could not be further from the truth. I am a tiger through and through and in a fight if would be wise to have me on your side but rather than give you an insight into my characteristrics how about thinking outside the square for once in your life rather than taking an antequated stance and maybe just maybe when the dust settles you may be in a better position than you originally started. Oh and don't bother replying to this as we wouldn't want your unwaivering love and passion of the Richmond Football Club cloud your judgement to someone of my ilk who loves Carlton and backs down in a fight. Unprogressive thoughts by people like you is what is holding the club back. We've waisted 26 years whats another 11 weeks going to do. Think ppl think.

bushranger

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »
I will agree to disagree with you and you with me. As this is all it will end up being, but on this subject only.
As there will be thing's that you write that I will more than likely agree with later down the track.
But as for this tanking crap I think and know I couldn't hold my head up and say I agree with it ever. No matter what the cost is. 

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
Interesting times ahead

no. you are the fool

They are not good friends

;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
Graeme Bond on 3aw (Richmond premiership player too) just before said we should tank if we lose this week. In fact he reckons it would be a popular decision if we came out now and said we're playing the kids and don't care if we don't win another game. Russell asked if Terry could avoid to tank without avoiding the flick and Bondy said "no one will hate Terry if Richmond gets Natanui".

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 08:00:45 PM »
Graeme Bond on 3aw (Richmond premiership player too) just before said we should tank if we lose this week. In fact he reckons it would be a popular decision if we came out now and said we're playing the kids and don't care if we don't win another game. Russell asked if Terry could avoid to tank without avoiding the flick and Bondy said "no one will hate Terry if Richmond gets Natanui".

Graeme Bond is correct.

Ox

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
Natanui

I'm in for the tank...as of this week.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
Natanui

That makes two of us []())([]  :thumbsup

jackstar

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Natanui

One player no matter how good he is will fix our problems

Ramps

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
its not about natanui per se. Its about getting the extra early pick getting picks 1 & 3 is alot better than 4 and 20

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 08:46:19 PM »
its not about natanui per se. Its about getting the extra early pick getting picks 1 & 3 is alot better than 4 and 20

Ramps pal it is about him..

we not only get picks 1 and 3 but by picking up this fellow we gain a ruckman and another midfielder...cox like from what i here..

we havent had a descent ruckman since the general..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
Natanui

Agree.  I also think that a team that tanks doesn't deserve to be in the AFL.

jackstar

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 08:55:48 PM »
The RFC has a culture problem.
Todays comments by Wallace on Richo are disgraceful ( talk about blaming others).
At least he has a decent crack at things.
The tiges for a month were going ok , because they were having a red hot go, last 2 weeks have been terrible due to them not having crack. Coaches fault that they have fallen away.
I dont think we can afford to tank.. Thats means after the past 4 years we are no better off ???
Can tell you that 2 players in the first round will not fix our problems, you people are dreaming unfortunately. Reason being that apart from 2 or 3 players, our recruiting over the past 4 years has been disgraceful.
And our delistings and signing guys back again worse.
How on earth is Schulz still there, and who was the bright spark who resigned Tuck at the start of the year ::)
And dont get me started on Cam Howat, is he coming or going, oh dear.  :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »
Natanui

Agree.  I also think that a team that tanks doesn't deserve to be in the AFL.

its called list management pal and the pies did it as did the blues...

blues last year only got more noticed but teams have done it before..

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »
The RFC has a culture problem.
Todays comments by Wallace on Richo are disgraceful ( talk about blaming others).
At least he has a decent crack at things.
The tiges for a month were going ok , because they were having a red hot go, last 2 weeks have been terrible due to them not having crack. Coaches fault that they have fallen away.
I dont think we can afford to tank.. Thats means after the past 4 years we are no better off ???
Can tell you that 2 players in the first round will not fix our problems, you people are dreaming unfortunately. Reason being that apart from 2 or 3 players, our recruiting over the past 4 years has been disgraceful.
And our delistings and signing guys back again worse.
How on earth is Schulz still there, and who was the bright spark who resigned Tuck at the start of the year ::)
And dont get me started on Cam Howat, is he coming or going, oh dear.  :lol

i only think it will work with a new coach and a new mindset.

so true what you said about schulz.

he will become the next pettifer and everyone in 4 years will say why didn't we offload when we had the chance.

now pathetic pettifer is worth nothing on the open market and neither will half of these players on our list who can't play...