Author Topic: Tuesdays with Terry - 10/6/08  (Read 1805 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuesdays with Terry - 10/6/08
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
Mark Doran on SEN said reports say Wallace trained them hard today apparently but it wasn't "punishment" as we can do it as we have a 8 day break. He said some are training hard for Coburg.

They then played a clip from Wallace - We went down a pathway 4-5 weeks ago of dropping certain players. We had a choice to either give them a chance to return to the side or remain at Coburg. Plough said he still believes players who have been around the club for a while still should be treated with some respect and given a chance to fight for their careers via strong performances at the lower level. So that's what happened.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Tuesdays with Terry - 10/6/08
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:33:12 PM »
In other words Blokes like Petts Bowden Hyde Tivvas will still be selected as a better alternative to kids like Connors Polo Collins Morton Riewoldt Rance Hughes all because they are playing well at Coburg compared to the kids.  :whistle
So at this time of the year with our season dead rather than play the kids with an eye on the future we will play older blokes cos their form at Coburg warrants it. :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
Sounds like job saving to me...

Terry, the way to save your job is play the kids.

If you need proof, please refer to round 4 versus Fremantle. No Pettifer, Bowden or Tivendale.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »

If you need proof, please refer to round 4 versus Fremantle. No Pettifer, Bowden or Tivendale.

and round 5 v Dogs and round 6 v Hawks and round 7 v Saints   :thumbsup

bushranger

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »
Told ya Hellenic Tiger 74 I will agee with you later down the track, I totally agree with your first post.
I would rather see young blood playing and putting in an effort to win that seeing these old farts who we are supposed to show respect to just cause they have been here for years and years. But have lost it now and make us look bad for playing them. It is time to change.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
Knees need improvement, says Wallace
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
1:44 PM Tue 10 June, 2008

"Andrew played his first game back – coming back from his knee – on the weekend, and go through unscathed, so that's the first step for him. He'll probably need a couple of games because he's been out for quite some time now, but at least he's taken the first step," Wallace said on Tuesday.

Superstar Matthew Richardson has been battling knee soreness for a while, and Wallace confirmed that the club was simply managing him through to the break, although he couldn't say if the 33-year-old was still playing with pain killing injections.

"To be honest, I'm not sure. I would say that there'd be some likelihood that he is. He's progressively getting a little better each week, but we sort of said until he gets to the break, he's going to be sore, he's playing sore.

"But that's just the nature of the business, unfortunately. You'd love them to be 100 per cent fit every single time they went out there – I hear Chad Cornes has been struggling with a knee problem of his own, so every club has got those sort of situations with key players.

"Matthew's just trying to get his way through it."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=61143

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
A bit more from Wallace from Sportal's audio

http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio/AFL/wallace-defends-under-pressure-tigers-2821

* We have played 7 of games against top 8 sides and people didn't expected us to beat those sides. We think we have accounted ourselves well against a few of them but won just 2 points against those top 8 teams and that was the draw against the Dogs.

* When we have played against sides out of the top 8 we have beaten 3 of them and had a kick after the siren loss against the Saints. So we have been able to handle that level but we haven't been able to step up to the next level.

* You are always under pressure in this game when you are not winning. That is the nature of the business.

*We have got half of the season left and that draw flips around now when we play more sides out of the top 8 so there is still opportunities there.

* How many wins do you need to see out your contract?
Not crystal balling because who knows what happens with players and how you sit with injuries. So many things impact results.

* The dynamic of his team would have to change after the last fortnight of poor performances. He admitted the team's deterioration in recent weeks had coincided with Tivs, Petts and Joel's return to the side at the expense of younger players. What that means to those players well we will look at and review it.

* Jack, Cleve and JON in the running to come in.

jackstar

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »

I wont comment ::)

Moi

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 04:39:22 PM »

But you did again  ::)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
BLA BLA BLACKSHEEP .........

dosn't terry bla bla alot

the guy talks more bs than anyone on earth
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

jackstar

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »

But you did again  ::)

:shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »
Ch 10 showed some of our training today - Stacks of 400m sprints.

They replayed 3 times Browny breaking his leg at the Dome in the corresponding game in 2005  :P.

Browny said we are still aiming to play finals as we're only 2 games out.

A bit more from Plough in the Age:

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/afl-pressure-mounting-on-senior-tigers-20080610-2oeg.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
You've got to love the news services  :wallywink. Ch 10 went into the break before the sports segment saying Plough said senior players still had a future at Tigerland wheras Ch 9 said Plough said Tivs and Joel are now back on the outer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »
Heard it plain as day from the sunbaked Spin doctor today
you know l love this club & he needs to be sacked for even saying what he did  :help

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
You've got to love the news services  :wallywink. Ch 10 went into the break before the sports segment saying Plough said senior players still had a future at Tigerland wheras Ch 9 said Plough said Tivs and Joel are now back on the outer.

I saw the channel 10 report and the reporter numerous time in her report used the term "Terry's spin" on this and despite the results "Terry's spin" on that. It was just stopping short of calling Terry a spindoctor which would have been the most apt appropriate honest yet obvious thing any journalist could have reported. They have him in their sites and they will lay into him more viciously if we fail on Sunday or against the Blues. The media feel he is on borrowed time regardless of what he says and what spin he puts on it.