Author Topic: Newsflash: The TANK is Over  (Read 4554 times)

jackstar

Re: Newsflash: The TANK is Over
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »
I would say its the worst game of i have been to in a long long time.
Players missing easy set shots, and skills by both teams was extremely poor.
I though a telling point in the game was Daniel Jacksons last 5 mins in the 1st quarter where he actually went long into Forward 50 twice, resulting to marks to players that were isolated.

On a positive, life without Matty Richardson is going to be scary.
Thoughts Lids best game for ages, his run and carry and more importantly being direct through the corridor instead of chipping sideways and short was great to watch.
Cotchin is going to be a gun.

Dont know what to make of Joel Bowden, He was supposed to be "" reinvented as a forward and he was playing down back ::)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »
I though a telling point in the game was Daniel Jacksons last 5 mins in the 1st quarter where he actually went long into Forward 50 twice, resulting to marks to players that were isolated.

Thoughts Lids best game for ages, his run and carry and more importantly being direct through the corridor instead of chipping sideways and short was great to watch.

Dont know what to make of Joel Bowden, He was supposed to be "" reinvented as a forward and he was playing down back ::)

mmm my first thoughts exactly in regards to joeline..

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »
As long as they persist with the kids that is the main thing.

Cothchin will be a gun

Lids played his best game tonight, when i was critical the other week it was because he wasnt using his asset in his pace. When he gets the ball, players should be blocking and trying to create a path straight up the middle for him. He is so exciting when he runs and carry's. He is also a great kick running at full speed.

Jack showed good signs again tonight.

Sure the second half was terrible to watch tonight but atleast we won after really being challenged again. That alone will be good for the young kids and build on their belief.

yes but they cant produce against the quality sides mate.
we will get smashed by Port and we will run them into a mini revival, make no mistake about that.

yes a win but at what cost. a measily 12th finish. woopty doo doo

go on im waiting for the line "some people will never be happy"
well yes i will be happy when we beat teams that r good, or games we r not expected to win like next week over there or against the blues in 2 weeks. yes thats what im talking about..

i was very delighted in lids, richo and brown tonight. gee they r good them 3.
Now if you peoples love child TW drops Reiwvoldt ill dump manure on his face.
Keep the kids FF sake. all of them, even JON. hyde is for the dingley tip. Polo NEEDS to come back, soon!!

tambling what did he do exactly except get a few kicks in the last qtr. he missed the target so many times and i think he is a extremely lazy and at this stage very immature footballer who doesn't think.
he should watch lids and foley and see how they create space and run all day long.
i dont think he does enough..he is a flashy player. few good kicks this that. really its rubbish cheap kicks not your deledio champion stuff

another worrying sign is WHY THE HELL CANT WE DO COAST TO COAST..

every other team seems to do it easily but not us.
thank god for newy and his torps.

overall a win is exactly that a win, so well done boys
If we can beat Port and Blues then ill be happy but i know we wont beat port.

we dont have the ticker to beat port over there..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
I am by no means saying that it was an acceptable performance Daniel, far from it. I was sitting with Jackstar and we couldnt believe some of the things we were doing and also the skill errors.

As long as they dont bring the likes of Tiv and Petts etc back into the team.

Thought that we were very reactive tonight also, why when we are still 4 goals up does Richo get sent down back as a spare man. Our fwd line was so out of wack and it gave them heaps of drive.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
I am by no means saying that it was an acceptable performance Daniel, far from it. I was sitting with Jackstar and we couldnt believe some of the things we were doing and also the skill errors.

As long as they dont bring the likes of Tiv and Petts etc back into the team.

Thought that we were very reactive tonight also, why when we are still 4 goals up does Richo get sent down back as a spare man. Our fwd line was so out of wack and it gave them heaps of drive.

that move was rubbish.

the same last week against adelaide when we scored the last 2 goals and were on some sort of goal spree.
what happens??

richo as a spare man in defence. what the f... is up with that it does my head in..

Ox

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
That Nefatiti or whatever his name is would look pooh in a Richmond jumper anyway.
Rich is cuter  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »
I thought Tambling did some great running in the last, he was running when others seemed to standing on the spot, the work out of defence at times was good. good signs in this regard as far as im concerned.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »
I thought Tambling did some great running in the last, he was running when others seemed to standing on the spot, the work out of defence at times was good. good signs in this regard as far as im concerned.

big deal Ramps. richo won us that game no one else. with all due respect to lids browny and tuck.

tambling needs to play 4 quarters not half in one game and 2 in the others.

i have yet to see him play a full 4 quarter game in his career. he has played over 66 games now his time is now not next year or next week. now!!

If he doesn't start regulary producing good footy by now he will never produce. flash in the pan type of player.

one day good next week average

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
36 scoring shots to 24 showed that we were far more dominant than what people are saying here. Sure, there were some dreadful skill errors and turnovers but if we had our kicking boots on we could have won by 60. I thought Matty White had a great game as well as the others mentioned tonight especially early on. Jack Riewoldt's speccie was also a ripper. We did take the foot off after half time but credit to the boys to hang on in the last.  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 04:45:13 AM »
That Nefatiti or whatever his name is would look pooh in a Richmond jumper anyway.

Can you put a tiger jumper on him lol

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 07:07:49 AM »

Can you put a tiger jumper on him lol
'Him' is a 'Her' Moi

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 07:57:13 AM »
hyde is for the dingley tip.
My brother spent $800k on some Lego block looking house in Dingley and got quite offended when I ask why he couldn't have bought in a less smelly suburb. :lol

Moi

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 08:20:52 AM »
Julz has it in for Dingley for some reason.
Last time I was there it wasn't smelly.
You're bringing down property prices in one fell swoop, Julz lol.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »

I'm no expert.

But I think losing Thursfield and Jake King from the back six in one week, in addition to not having Raines or KJ available would have meant that wallet would have liked a little bit of experience in the last line of defense last night.

Joel provided that on occassions last night

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 10:29:06 AM »
hyde is for the dingley tip.
My brother spent $800k on some Lego block looking house in Dingley and got quite offended when I ask why he couldn't have bought in a less smelly suburb. :lol

Hey, I spent all my Teenage years living in Dingley and is was far from smelly. I wont even go into some things that happened at Dingley tip. It was the 70's   :shh

Anyway on subject.  I am glad the The TANK is no longer a topic we have to worry about. I honestly dont think any footabller would be interested in playing in or for a team that wasnt playing to win. Sure I would have liked more talent at Richmond but its over now so we can move on.

Good to see some of the Kids perform yesterday, four quaters would be nice but maybe next year.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!