Author Topic: Zantuck cops 2 weeks  (Read 2867 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Zantuck cops 2 weeks
« on: August 24, 2004, 07:29:35 PM »
Just heard on ABC news Ty received a two week suspension.

One week for each headslam  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Zantuck cops 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 07:49:35 PM »
You could easily confuse his ailment with the one Mark Coughlan suffers, but Ty's is public instability. 8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:06:25 PM »
He,s out of control, oh well, some other teams problem next year, probably Essendon

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:22:05 AM »
Zantuck gets two-match ban
By Emma Quayle
realfooty.theage.com.au
August 25, 2004

Richmond's Ty Zantuck was last night shown no mercy by the AFL Tribunal, being suspended for two games for what emergency umpire Gavin Dore described as an "attack" on Hawthorn's Mark Williams.

Zantuck will miss this weekend's clash against Sydney and the round-one game in 2005 for shoving the Hawthorn goalsneak to the ground and shaking his head at the MCG last Sunday.

Zantuck admitted he was "a little angry", "a little upset" and "pretty worked-up" when he pushed Williams to the ground and then grabbed the back of his jumper and vigorously shook him twice as the Hawk lay on the ground.

- with AAP

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/08/24/1093246531858.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:23:56 AM »
Zantuck admitted he was "a little angry", "a little upset" and "pretty worked-up"

Just a "little" of an understatement  ;D

Ox

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 02:39:57 AM »
Well done Ty son !

Dont change,just keep smashing them. :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 08:31:58 AM »
Zantuck admitted he was "a little angry", "a little upset" and "pretty worked-up"

Been a little bit like that myself for the last 22 weeks  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 12:09:42 PM »
Just read on BigFooty that Ty imitated Williams' little popgun on his way out of the tribunal last night...

LMAOOOOOO  :rollin
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 12:17:34 PM »
When are are we going to find a thug who can actually play football?

We continue to make gods out of wankers like Mal Brown and Ty Zantuck who's only claim to fame is whacking blokes and being disruptive.

I don't mind biffo, I love it, but I hate it when useless footballers do it.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 12:34:34 PM »
When are are we going to find a thug who can actually play football?

We continue to make gods out of wankers like Mal Brown and Ty Zantuck who's only claim to fame is whacking blokes and being disruptive.

I don't mind biffo, I love it, but I hate it when useless footballers do it.

Now that post i take a bow to....for too long are wanks like Fleming hailed as hard footballers....for too long are clowns like Andy Goodwin cheered bc they were rough and tough.

Want to be hard and tough....take a look at Cogs and Staff.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

froars

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 12:44:38 PM »
I luv Fleming and i luved Andy Goodwin - there's plenty of room in our team for guys like that while we're down the bottom.
Fleming is a dirty rotten mongrel and not that skillful - but to me, i'd have him any day over a supposed skilled player in Fiora.
Go Timmy, stick it up 'em!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 12:52:07 PM »
Spot on about Cogs and Staff om21

Fleming although I'm not a fan of his (and would definitely delist him after 2005) at least tries every match, unlike Zantuck, who participates a few times a year when he feels like it.

lmfaooooo@Goodwin

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 02:09:07 PM »
JohnF....my point is I would try as well....does that mean I should get a crack at pulling on the jersey? I would bust my butt out there.....and Fleming does...he really does try but he is useless. He cant run (he sprints and he is moving his head up and down but he aint going no where); he has no skill; and he cant channel his toughness or hardness to decent use.....he gives away stupid free-kicks bc he is late or is totally off-tap.

Yea he tries....and I credit him for that and for the fact that he appears a team player. But my god how stupid are we to recruit a 25 year old who couldnt get a game in two years at a team who was getting smacked by 100 points a game.

@froars....Fiora aint a skills player. Unfortunately your comparing crap with crap.....

Look at Staff....he contests the ruck well, and actually palms it down to OUR players. He kicks goals, crashes packs and like the General he belts up a few....that I take a bow too bc he backs up the little men.
Look at Cogs....he gets tackled and takes the tackle and unlike someone else *cough*Fleming*cough* he doesnt cough it up. He crashes packs, uses his body wisely. Yeah he takes a beating but he gives it out. When he hits with a clean bump, u feel it.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

froars

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 02:55:10 PM »
@froars....Fiora aint a skills player. Unfortunately your comparing crap with crap.....

Well, that's all we've got at the moment to compare - i don't see any Royce Harts at our club at the moment.  So naturally, what else is there to compare.  If you're going to delist a player, i would get rid of Fiora in a heartbeat if i had choice between Fiora and Timmy.  And if you had read my post you would have seen i put "while we are down the bottom".  Naturally enough, these guys would not be in the team if we had a better list.  But we don't - so no point saying I'm comparing crap with crap - when that's all we've got.  Same in the late '80s with Andy - we were crap then too, but he was a favourite among supporters - not for his skill, but the way he went about his game giving his all.