Author Topic: Tigers vs Port  (Read 8810 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers vs Port
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2008, 05:48:25 PM »
Bloody fantastic, even if we nearly coughed it up.

Moi

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
We won because we deserved it.
Good on Port for coming back, but it was a four quarter effort and if people can get hold of the video you'd be proud their endeavour.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »
We deserved the win as we lead for most of it but the question has to be asked again as to why slow the game down again too early when we are well on top. You also don't chip around inside your defensive 50 as you end up cornering yourself. You spread out over the whole ground and get the ball in the middle so you have plenty of options as players can run more easily into space. Anyway we got the job done and a win's a win and it was a great effort to win over there. I wonder if the media will pump us up now as much as the are Carlton. A great result for next week. The G will be packed out  :thumbsup.   

Joel answered those who thought he was finished including me. Unbelievable game  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »
Negative nellys should keep their opinions to themselves this week.

Bowden showed why he is still there.
Nothing wrong with Chris Hydes game.

Welcome back Polo
Polak was much better
Life without richo was on display Hughes and mitch  :clapping
Jack had a quite one and showed why the youngsters go up and down at this stage.

Good exhibition of our great game of footy.

Carltank cmon down, and geez I hope the bombers can pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow

:gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :clapping

Ramps

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »
Great win, great endeavor for 3 1/2 quarters from our blokes in a whole team effort. I'm Very pleased for the steamer.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
You also don't chip around inside your defensive 50 as you end up cornering yourself. You spread out over the whole ground and get the ball in the middle so you have plenty of options as players can run more easily into space.

Not much option when you are an up and coming side and are forced into it, maybe in a couplpe of years when the clevs jacks et al are ready to provide stronger options up the spine we can then take it on.
Like the commentators said it was the opposing side that forced the game into that situation when we had the ball.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
I'm in a good mood for the rest of the weekend anyhows - Go storm  ;D :thumbsup

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »
Jack was good, what a safe pair of hands.

Umpires were terrible.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
Fair dinkum one day I'm going to die of a heart attack courtesy of the RFC! Well done Tiges! :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »
Fair dinkum one day I'm going to die of a heart attack courtesy of the RFC! Well done Tiges! :gotigers

Yep my wife tells me that all the time whenever I watch a game at home. :lol

richmondrules

« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2008, 06:22:18 PM »
Umpires were terrible.

Gee I don't like to blame umpiring for anything but they really did single handedly wrest the momentum to Port in that last quarter when it was in the balance. Free after free was ignored when the ball was 30 meters in front of our goals then the ball goes down the other end and Port get a real soft one directly in front. Poor old NGB will need a good chiro to get his neck back in order.

Oh well, we won, but sheesh, talk about a close call. We deserved to win we were the better team.

Finally I AM SO HAPPY HUGHES REALLY TOOK A GAME BY THE SCRUFF OF THE NECK!!!!! On that performance I for the first time I am confident he will be OK. Well done Hughesy!!  :clapping

jackstar

« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »
Great to see Cleve and Mitch do so well, the future of Punt Road. :clapping
 I never blame the umpires for anything, but I thought the indecisions or lack of decisions in the last quarter helped get Port back in the game

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
U C THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

thats the win i wanted. not this melbourne cheap win but this was a win away from home.
This is a game we usually lose and we BLOOD/Y won.

what a win. best win in 3 years since the jamie tape inspired  win years ago over at footy park

away from home backs against the wall and we did it.

im very happy because we played Morton and Hughes and they won the game for us, not Richo!!!

for all of you who think i am never happy, win or lose, well come over and have a beer with me now, im over the moon.
I just wanted to win a game we weren't expected to win and we did..

season is alive!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »
We deserved the win as we lead for most of it but the question has to be asked again as to why slow the game down again too early when we are well on top.
I'll have to go and look at it again, but don't think this was the case.  More Port just played better in the last quarter.  Only time I saw them do it was in the last minute or so, well after Port had nearly snatched it.
If we were going to lose it, it was going to be the turnovers - we were turnover kings today.  Some really bad and could have been costly ones.
But we won, so who cares.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »

I never blame the umpires for anything, but I thought the indecisions or lack of decisions in the last quarter helped get Port back in the game

Yep glad we won so I can say agree 100 % on that one, umpiring was disgusting