Author Topic: My first thread..the future looks OK.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
My first thread..the future looks OK.
« on: August 25, 2004, 07:49:30 AM »
Apart from the ladder, most things look brighter.

We're 12th (9 wins) with seventh pick in the draft
Gieschen moves out for Frawley. Hutinson runs Footy department.
Draft highlights: We trade 2 picks for Cameron and Draft Fiora.

We're 16th (4 wins) with first and maybe 3rd pick in the draft
Frawley moves out for Terry Walace. Miller runs Footy department.
Draft highlights:Acquire 2 awesome youngsters in Deledio and either Tambling or Franklin., amongst others and trade away Gaspar and A.Kellaway.
Possibly get Luke Ball in the PSD

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
Re: My first thread..the future looks OK.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:20:58 PM »
I agree DDT,

the future does look bright, its been a while between drinks but I truly beliecve we have turned the corner and with wallace and miller leading us the only way is up!

Good bye Dud, and good ridance! :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 03:02:08 PM »
I agree DDT with your sentiments long term. I still believe next year will also be a poor year results wise but at least we should be playing talented youngsters instead of the usual senior let-downers. So I see more high-picks in the 2005 draft for us.

We basically need to rebuild our key backline posts from scratch with Gas and AK no longer capable or worthy of holding down a spot in the side. Good sides have a stable and tight-knitted defence. It takes a few years to gel a "back 6" together so they become familiar with how each other plays.

I can't see Ball leaving the Saints just when they will be chasing a flag over the next few years to play once again for a wooden spoon or thereabouts side. It would be a major coup but I can't see it happening. Harris, young full-back of the doggies, seems a more realistic option in the PSD although his value would have gone up this year.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 05:11:46 PM »
I can't see Ball leaving the Saints just when they will be chasing a flag over the next few years to play once again for a wooden spoon or thereabouts side. It would be a major coup but I can't see it happening.

Can almost guarantee that he will be staying with the Saints.  He was on Fox Footy the other week and said he wouldn't be going anywhere.  Would have to be a huge turnaround for things to change now.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 04:51:19 PM »
Apart from the ladder, most things look brighter.

Everyone’s no doubt looking forward to a better style of play too. :thumbsup

Here’s a bit from EOTT, where Gas interviewed Nathan Brown and asked him about Terry Wallace:

Gas: And, finally Browny, can you give us an idea of what we can expect with our new coach, Terry Wallace? Obviously you played under him for a number of years at the Western Bulldogs. What can you say to the Richmond members and also, I guess, to the players that will read this article?

Nathan Brown: Yeah, he’s a highly-motivated, very offensive coach. He loves attacking flair and he’s very big on skill work – making sure that you’re a really good kick of the football, making sure you hit every target possible. So, I can imagine that we’re going to be doing a lot of gut-busting running and a lot of skill work to complement that.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.