Author Topic: TUCK SHOULD BE OUR NEXT CAPTAIN  (Read 4641 times)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
TUCK SHOULD BE OUR NEXT CAPTAIN
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »
make him captain now, always puts in and busts his gut. forget foley and newman they just dont have it
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: TUCK SHOULD BE OUR NEXT CAPTAIN
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 02:56:53 AM »
Tries hard yes but struggles to keep up with the best mids. Poor Tucky was out of juice just before 3/4 time on Saturday. Looked totally stuffed coming off.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
Tries hard yes but struggles to keep up with the best mids. Poor Tucky was out of juice just before 3/4 time on Saturday. Looked totally stuffed coming off.

Then Tuck should be given the captaincy cause he would fit in well as past captains  ;D
Campbell & Johnson are slow are poo but Tuck does the hard stuff & gets in & gets hurt for the others who refuse to get down & dirty & put thier bodys on the line when it counts

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
tuck goes in 100% , the captain does not have to be the most skillfull player but one that never gives up and plays hard. tuck is the man

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
Should have been traded 2 years ago, he should be offered up again at the end of the year, and some of you blokes wanna make him captain lol. I wouldnt having him captaining the bingo nights at Punt Rd let alone captaining the football side.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 04:03:02 PM »
Should have been traded 2 years ago, he should be offered up again at the end of the year, and some of you blokes wanna make him captain lol. I wouldnt having him captaining the bingo nights at Punt Rd let alone captaining the football side.

you just don't understand nor appreciate the hard work and efforts this guy puts in. i guess if he was greek you would be saying otherwise, change his name to tuckopoulos and you would say he is a legend!

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
Tuck would make a fine captain coming from one of the greatest footballing families
His has no end for getting wealthy advise & his father the VFL/AFL games record holder was a very late bloomer.
Shane Tuck is getting better every season & B&F votes say likewise
getting puff out in games just shows his workrate & how much his body takes getting hit
watch your replays over Ramps & see who the player is who is always getting the ball out

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »
Tuck is lucky to get a game let alone captain the mighty Tigers. Get rid of him while he's worth something.
He may get lots of the pill but ball use is attrocious.
They wont trade him though, they'll wait til he's no good then delist him for nothing.
Same as they did with Bowden. Should trade him out to. Softest footballer in the AFL. 

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
You put Tuck on the trading table and Carlton will snap him up for he is the type of player they need to free Judd up from doing the hard work and with Judd running free they will be premiership material :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »

you just don't understand nor appreciate the hard work and efforts this guy puts in. i guess if he was greek you would be saying otherwise, change his name to tuckopoulos and you would say he is a legend!

I never questioned his effort, his effort is good but imho he butchers the footy. As for the greek thing, lol ... I dont care if the players are greek or non greek, if they can play they play and if they cant they cant. Its simple really. As for captaincy lol ... you blokes should be at the comedy festival. Hes lucky to be in the 22 let alone be captain.

Ramps

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »
You put Tuck on the trading table and Carlton will snap him up for he is the type of player they need to free Judd up from doing the hard work and with Judd running free they will be premiership material :banghead

Carlton want Newman not Tuck

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »
I certainly appreciate the in and under work that Tucky does and he's definitely a required player with Johnson approaching the end and Coughlan's return unsure. That being said, I wouldn't make him captain.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »
 :nope :nope :nope
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
Foot soldier as a corporal - not a captain

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »

your spot on Mopsy, these types of players create the play & give advantage to the ball carriers rather than get the ball out themselves or they are used to hold the ball up stopping the opposition from winning the centre clearances. They protect the ball carriers & take the hard hits that are meant to put the ball carriers out of the game.
Tuck is a required player