Author Topic: Polak's partner Alyce Oksuz on the footy show  (Read 4792 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak's partner Alyce Oksuz on the footy show
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
As the title says. Alyce will be on the footy show to talk about Polly.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Polak's partner Alyce Oksuz on the footy show
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
* Still a long way to go but progressing as well as can be. Yes he can talk and he recognises people. Does something new every day she sees him. His personality is showing through as he likes to stay clean, shower and likes wearing his aftershave.

* Amazing response from everyone. Overwhelming. He's a shy boy but he'll be really appreciative of all the thank yous once all this is over.

* Rehabiliation is the next step. Hutchy said there was talk he would go into a rehab clinic today but that hasn't happened yet. Expectation at this stage is he will make a full recovery although football is the least of his worries at the moment.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 06:28:42 AM »
Polak continues slow recovery
The Age | July 3, 2008 - 11:27PM

Richmond AFL defender Graham Polak remains at The Alfred Hospital and is recovering slowly five days after he was seriously injured when hit by a tram.

There has been little change to his condition since Wednesday, which is common with brain injuries, the football club said in a statement.

Polak, 24, awoke from an induced coma on Monday after suffering brain bruising when he was hit by the tram on Saturday night while crossing Dandenong Road in the Melbourne suburb of Armadale.

Polak's girlfriend Alyce Oksuz said her partner knew he had been involved in an accident and had improved over the past few days.

"Every day I go in there he does something new which surprises me, which is really good for me and his family to see," she told the Nine Network's The Footy Show.

Polak has walked assisted to the shower and spoken from his hospital bed.

"His true personality is really trying to shine through," Oksuz said.

"He's a very clean boy and loves a shower and is obsessive with deodorant and aftershave, so he's definitely getting back on track."

Oksuz said she and the Polak family had been thrilled with the support from the general public.

"It's amazing, we've had from everybody across the whole board," she said.

"He'll be so grateful for that.

"He's a very shy boy but once everything calms down he'll be very appreciative of everything that everyone has done for him.

"The amount of emails he's got has been amazing and we're very thankful for everyone's support on this."

Richmond said Polak was eating and able to recognise names and faces, but was still sleeping most of the time.

Oksuz said Polak's condition was improving, but said it was too early to talk about his rehabilitation.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/polak-continues-slow-recovery-20080703-315v.html

Moi

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »
It was more harassment than an interview.
Fancy bailing people up as they walk from a hospital  :banghead
She was nicer to Hutchy than what he deserved.
It didn't sound as good as what I thought though.
Thought he was coming along in leaps and bounds.
Seems it will be a slow process.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:46:14 AM »
Yep Hutchy the ambulance chaser  ::).

They said on the radio yesterday that it'd be at least 5-6 days before they know for sure as far as escaping from any brain damage. Hopefully the expectation of a full recovery is true  :pray.

Just on TFS last night, funny seeing the clip of Rodan up in Darwin last week crumbing from a throw-in in a pocket and kicking through the goals before remembering he was in defence and he had just slotted a point for the Doggies  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
It was more harassment than an interview.
Fancy bailing people up as they walk from a hospital  :banghead
She was nicer to Hutchy than what he deserved.
Agree about Hutchy, I thought it'd be a sit down interview with Alyce not an ambush!
He is coming along in leaps and bounds Moi, you mark my words (Dorrie Evans lol) he will be fine but it will take time :gotigers

Moi

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »
Dorrie Evans lol
Don't you find it disturbing that only a few people on here will know who you're talking about lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »
Dorrie Evans lol
Don't you find it disturbing that only a few people on here will know who you're talking about lol

Was she from that old tv show "Number 96"??

Moi

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
Dorrie Evans lol

Gee you're old, Tiga lol
Yes  :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
Agree about Hutchy, I thought it'd be a sit down interview with Alyce not an ambush!
He is coming along in leaps and bounds Moi, you mark my words (Dorrie Evans lol) he will be fine but it will take time :gotigers
I agree, he's notorious for his "exclusive interviews" being no more than an ambush on the street as they get in their car
I had hoped he had a little more class than that and had got Alyce to agree to speak on behalf of the family, but clearly he's the same old gutter journalist he always was.

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »
Dorrie Evans lol

grew up watching Number 96 & The Box  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
I agree, he's notorious for his "exclusive interviews" being no more than an ambush on the street as they get in their car
I had hoped he had a little more class than that and had got Alyce to agree to speak on behalf of the family, but clearly he's the same old gutter journalist he always was.

cant stand Hutchy as a person, his a low life that would stoop at anything to make a headline.

Moi

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »
Dorrie Evans lol

grew up watching Number 96 & The Box  ;D
Me too.  The kiddies of today are really missing out  :o :o
 :rollin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »
Dorrie Evans lol

Gee you're old, Tiga lol
Yes  :thumbsup
Yeah I'm getting there  :lol (the kids also seem to accelerate the ageing process too. lol) but my Age wasn't the factor in knowing who Dorrie was, it was my passion for TV trivia and all things obscure. When 96 came on the TV, I was sent straight to bed! I wonder why that was??  :lol Still I was blessed with hitting puberty right at the time the female Solid Gold Dancers came into prominence. :o Also "Chances" got me through the 90's followed by that late night legend "Pacific Drive".  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 04:56:33 PM »

Will be extremely slow Moi and that's to be expected

Having had a member of our family suffer a nasty head injury a number of years ago (not a serious as Polly's but certainly nasty) I am not surprised by apparent "ups & downs". Some days are going to better than others...

So from where it sits at the moment it all sounds positive to me....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)