Author Topic: Tigers vs Eagles matchday thread  (Read 5560 times)

bushranger

Re: Tigers vs Eagles matchday thread
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
You little ripper.  :gotigers

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »
Watching the game on Austar and the boys really pumped that song out! That win meant alot to them!

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
 :gotigers :clapping

Ramps

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
There goes a good pick down the drain  ;D but a good win anyway against an opposition who didnt come to play for the full game.

Ox

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
SIREN!!! 77 point win  :clapping  :thumbsup :gotigers

%

I'm glad ur happy mate. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »
Yep just a touch Ox :lol

Just happy that the cubs stood up without Richo and we still kicked 24 goals. No Thursty either. Sure the opposition was ordinary and Kerr is a total tool now the Eagles are losers but we won well like we should have.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
Great win, Jack, Cotch, Edwards and Moore all showed the way with Tuck, Foley and McMahon leading from the front.

Great team effort, bring on the Bombres.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
Could not believe the turn around, we were dreadful in the first qtr. We did get our fair share of footy but just couldnt hit a target to save our lives.

Its funny because you would think that nothing anyone could say would change that, but the difference in disposal after qtr was extreme.

The boys ran hard all day and played some great footy. Cotchin is a superstar and Polo is also fitting back into the team nicely. Edwards was very lively, Jack was fantastic up forward and i hope he have a big summer in the gym and gets bigger up top.

Conners did some nice things and i was also very impressed with Patto's game. The defence as a whole stood tall all day and did an excellent job.  :thumbsup

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
TFL - what did you think of Tuckie today? I thought he was terrific - tough bugger, son of a gun, and he had a shocking call on his overhead handball and then there were two or three just like it within 20 minutes.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
Poor Tucky....

Dreadful decision :yep

The 50m penalty I am sure it had something to do with a word that rhymes with Tuck  :rollin

Great game by the tigers.

Just great to see the future on display today.... those kids are going to be good, some real good :thumbsup

Eagles .... what a shocker.... how nice for it to be someone else for a change... had enough of those sort of efforts to last me a life time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »
watching that game l can tell ya'll one thing.
Enjoy the win but dont be fooled by the result.
Eagles purely tanked that game, l wonder if the AFL will launch a investigation into them
Big Cox at fullback  :rollin most toxin players out of thier normal playing positions
them trying to loose that game stood out so bad

jackstar

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
watching that game l can tell ya'll one thing.
Enjoy the win but dont be fooled by the result.
Eagles purely tanked that game, l wonder if the AFL will launch a investigation into them
Big Cox at fullback  :rollin most toxin players out of thier normal playing positions
them trying to loose that game stood out so bad

Thought the same.
How many centre clearances in a row did we get in the 2nd q, and the didnt even chase us ::) Kerr didnt try one bit. And Cox at full back, please

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »
Here we go.  ::)

FFS no matter who you play to kick 11 goals in a quarter against any team whether they're apparently tanking or not, is a sensational effort.

How about some credit for that.  No I couldnt expect that could I.  ::)

We did what we had to do and I feel sad for you if you dont have a smile on your face after a 77 point win.

Of course we have the bigger test next week, but how can you not be content with a 77 point win where we buried them and try to make excuses for the eagles?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ox

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
who's not happy  ???

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:05 PM »
Sensational win, half the Wet Toast "supporters" were gone 5 mins into the last 1/4.

Lids showed a bit today, he was wrestling with Glass in the goalsquare during the 2nd 1/4 and Glass was trying to give it to him.  Lids kicked that goal from 55m out right over his head and let him now about it .... Scoreboard.