Author Topic: Time to wield the axe  (Read 1485 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Time to wield the axe
« on: August 28, 2004, 10:41:45 PM »
IIRC we're allowed up to 13 changes to our list (excluding retirements?). So I would say the following are going:

Retired: Duncan, Rogers.

Delist: Blumfield, Fletcher, Hilton, Houlihan, Hyde, Marsh, Nicholls. (Fleming and Weller also in the mix). 

Trade bait: Tivs, Chaffey, Fiora, Rodan. 

Safe only due to their contracts and lack of trade value: Gas, A.Kellaway.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: Time to wield the axe
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »
Have to agree with you ther MT in regards to Hyde.

He has improved a fair bit but just doesnt seem to have enough talent to be a good player. Probably i the same mould as Fleming for me, they are 2 of the hardest workers but skill level is below par.

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 09:43:47 AM »
IIRC we're allowed up to 13 changes to our list (excluding retirements?). So I would say the following are going:

Retired: Duncan, Rogers.

Delist: Blumfield, Fletcher, Hilton, Houlihan,Marsh, Nicholls Hyde, . (Fleming and Weller also in the mix). 

Trade bait: Tivs, Chaffey, Fiora, Rodan. 

Safe only due to their contracts and lack of trade value: Gas, A.Kellaway.

Pretty close mighty mighty bost :-[ ..whoops MightyTiger

IMHO Not everyone is as bad as they have been playing. I like Rodan, Hyde, fleming and Weller. Give 'em a Wallace year and see how they go

IMHO The draft is about 4 full rounds deep and some clubs like us will have to up to about 6-7.
There are 22 All Aussie kids obviously and about 30 eligible others in the AIS academy...then there's going to be about 20 others in the State leaques, about 70 players
We'll end up using picks 1,4 20, 36, 52, then probably 62, 67, 70,,,hopefully there's a gun in the PSD
That's 9 pick ups..10 if we go twice in the PSD.

So 12 have to go Dunc, Rogers Blumfield, Fletcher, Hilton, Houlihan,Marsh, Nicholls, Gas, tivs, Ak, Chaff

Last year we went 10  :o Just can't do it twice.. 6(t), 21 , 37, 53, 64, 70, 73, 79, 81

Out of the last 4 Raines is good, Arch is promising but untried, Tuck can't get out of Coburg and neither can Fletch.

never say never, i betcha Gaspar and AK can be traded if the club tries hard enough

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 09:58:24 AM »
The axed will be weilded TWO years too late !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 06:40:12 PM »
More like 6 years  :'(

IMHO The draft is about 4 full rounds deep and some clubs like us will have to up to about 6-7.
There are 22 All Aussie kids obviously and about 30 eligible others in the AIS academy...then there's going to be about 20 others in the State leaques, about 70 players
We'll end up using picks 1,4 20, 36, 52, then probably 62, 67, 70,,,hopefully there's a gun in the PSD
That's 9 pick ups..10 if we go twice in the PSD.

Well it's official now we have the spoon  :'( and we have the picks you mentioned DDT... 1, 4, 20, 36, 52, 68, .... I agree that there'll be about 70 new players drafted. From what I've heard the first 5 kids pick themselves then it's fairly even for the next 20 or so. We got Jackson at 53 so it goes to show if we do our homework you can still get a good kid outside the top 20. From the PSD you are lucky to get one decent player. It's nigh on impossible to score two (as we found out last year).

I can't see Gas going unless we find a club that will pay at least 50% of his salary and we pay the other half for them to take him off our hands. Even then we'd be lucky if we got a 5th round pick in return. His trade value would be close to zero. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 06:41:45 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 08:53:52 PM »
We couldn't get a used syringe for Gaspar, Chaffey and Kellaway.

Agree with MT's arssings. Would probably get rid of Morrison and Tuck as well, I don't think either are up to it, though its true that they haven't had much of a go....