Author Topic: Tigers staff face chopping block / Ignore rumours, still Miller time at Richmond  (Read 11702 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
From what I was told earlier this year Lambert has no time for Richmond. So much so he doesn't want his son being picked up by us under the F/S rule when he is eligible.

I have no problem with a review of the footy dept or if assistant coaches are changed which would be a good thing or if Miller is moved on. It's the timing of this that is stupid given our season is still alive  ::). Why not wait until the end of the season to do a review like Geelong did after 2006. Also the way the article is written it makes Freezer sound as though he is on work experience  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't have a problem if they get rid of Miller
But I wouldn't have a problem if they kept him either.
Watching Roughead and Franklin run around last night was sad.  I'm not making a slight against Lids and Tambo, but two big men were what was needed at the time I would have thought after we had drafted so many smalls. 
But I'm not totally unhappy with them either.
I guess it's just a matter of opinion and Greg better hope opinion is on his side otherwise he might be on his way.
Whoever they get Free better be right.
He started his regime with a big black mark on him as far as I'm concerned  ;) leaving little faith in whether he's the right person for his own job, let alone Miller's  ::)

im happy we took Lids at 1 because i believe he will be the next cooney or g ablett.

tambling well its best we admit we got that one wrong and move him to another club.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
we did not get tambling wrong ffs

some ppl esp tiger fans can be so thick!

tambling is progressing very well and will be a star, not a flash in the pan in 1 or 2 years, but a consistant performer who will become elite.

just wait and see and all his knockers will eat their words and become obese on humble pie
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

The club has already spoken to former player Craig Lambert, who is working with Leigh Matthews' side in Brisbane,

Very highly regarded up here. Would love us to get Lambert on board.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
lambert turned his back on us, and as mt has stated, many times has rubbished us. why the hell we would we want him back.

leave him be so he can keep working on his tan. we have a tanned one already, even though it may be fake lol

DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Richmond Football club will never learn. If this news is true about Miller & King going with Wallace in the firing line when we are on the verge of finals it may as well just be the end of us. I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the stupidity of such a move.
Seeing as it appears that this has all come about from a review by Tony Free, it makes it pretty obvious that Free really was Tonys-A-Tiger on Y&B as he's carried his agenda from the website through to the club.

I cannot believe that a captain of the club who experienced ZERO success while he was there, is now chasing some of his ex-player mates who also brought no success to the club to take over the reigns. The fact that some of you think this is a good idea doesn't surprise me as your egos get in the way of common sense.

I hope this is just a beat up, but it looks like it's time to look for another club to support.

Moi

The Richmond Football club will never learn. If this news is true about Miller & King going with Wallace in the firing line when we are on the verge of finals it may as well just be the end of us. I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the stupidity of such a move.
Seeing as it appears that this has all come about from a review by Tony Free, it makes it pretty obvious that Free really was Tonys-A-Tiger on Y&B as he's carried his agenda from the website through to the club.

I cannot believe that a captain of the club who experienced ZERO success while he was there, is now chasing some of his ex-player mates who also brought no success to the club to take over the reigns. The fact that some of you think this is a good idea doesn't surprise me as your egos get in the way of common sense.

I hope this is just a beat up, but it looks like it's time to look for another club to support.

Well said, Infamy.
We're replacing people who've known success at other clubs with people from our most unsuccessful era.
Hardly engenders enthusiasm.
 :banghead

Ox

Here hear Infamy.

My sentiments eactly

Ox

lambert turned his back on us, and as mt has stated, many times has rubbished us. why the hell we would we want him back.

leave him be so he can keep working on his tan. we have a tanned one already, even though it may be fake lol

i thought u would have been too young to remember Lambert, acoording to the age u claim u were in ur pm
 :scream

Moi

Tony Free sitting in the box to check out Wallace's coaching

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

What about the review March himself is doing? Are you claiming Free's review overrides the president's?

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

Lambert was shown the door after he asked the board if they had any clue what they were doing (which they didnt) 

And he's been an assistant to one of the best premiership coaches in football history

Wont hurt if you check your facts next time

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
It's crap like this that has been the reason Richmond has been a laughing stock for the past 26 years if not before that if you include Hafey's sacking. Good clubs keep reviews like this in house and to the end of the season. Imagine what a laughing stock we'll be if we were to make the finals and we have decided to get rid of our entire footy dept. 5 wins from the past 6 games and we have to put up with the same old off-field BS that destabilises the club ::). As infamy said this club never learns  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

Lambert was shown the door after he asked the board if they had any clue what they were doing (which they didnt) 

And he's been an assistant to one of the best premiership coaches in football history

Wont hurt if you check your facts next time

You are correct 1980.
Craig and his family probably wont return to Victoria though.
Interesting that his wife is bridesmaid at Jonathon Browns wedding in October ;)
Craig is pretty close to all at Brisbane.

Tigermonk

;D chop chop chop, let me sharpen that axe  :lol
Jack its happening   ;D some got found out  ;D axe is in full swing