Author Topic: Tigers staff face chopping block / Ignore rumours, still Miller time at Richmond  (Read 12608 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Your sad, you dont realise the club has got ""bozos""  running it at the moment, now what were David Kings qualifications :banghead
Jade Rawlings :banghead Brian Royal, oh yeah, he Terrys friend, Paul Armstrong, yep another friend, Monkhurst, yep another friend,  Lets dont forget Wayne Johnson, Yep another friend.  :banghead
David King was a premiership defender with the very powerful Roos side, I think that is credentials enough and I haven't heard any bad things said about his coaching ability. If you want an ex-player just finished his playing career, I can't see why David King wouldn't be a genuine contender. Certainly better credentialed than guys like Wayne Campbell.

Brian Royal was an experienced AFL assistant coach and was credited with turning around the skills of the Western Bulldogs. Sure he may have been Wallace's mate, but you want to surround yourself with people you trust and have a good working relationship with.

Jade Rawlings I've never been convinced of, but the ability of a player never determines their coaching ability. Monkhorst was a better solution than other ruck coaches we've had in the past who never even played in the ruck.

jackstar

Your sad, you dont realise the club has got ""bozos""  running it at the moment, now what were David Kings qualifications :banghead
Jade Rawlings :banghead Brian Royal, oh yeah, he Terrys friend, Paul Armstrong, yep another friend, Monkhurst, yep another friend,  Lets dont forget Wayne Johnson, Yep another friend.  :banghead
David King was a premiership defender with the very powerful Roos side, I think that is credentials enough and I haven't heard any bad things said about his coaching ability. If you want an ex-player just finished his playing career, I can't see why David King wouldn't be a genuine contender. Certainly better credentialed than guys like Wayne Campbell.

Brian Royal was an experienced AFL assistant coach and was credited with turning around the skills of the Western Bulldogs. Sure he may have been Wallace's mate, but you want to surround yourself with people you trust and have a good working relationship with.

Jade Rawlings I've never been convinced of, but the ability of a player never determines their coaching ability. Monkhorst was a better solution than other ruck coaches we've had in the past who never even played in the ruck.

Steve Alessio was ruck coach before Monkhurst. ::) He got the flick for Monkhurst who is a close friend of Wallet. Alessio nows runs AFL Sportsready.
Wayne Campbell will be an AFL cocah one day, David King wont.
Wayne is extremely good strategic wise.
As for Brian Royal, nice bloke and thats where its ends, if he didnt have Terry he wouldnt have a job, he would go back to being a builder.
Infamy, dont write if you dont know anything about them :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Steve Alessio was ruck coach before Monkhurst. ::) He got the flick for Monkhurst who is a close friend of Wallet. Alessio nows runs AFL Sportsready.
As for Brian Royal, nice bloke and thats where its ends, if he didnt have Terry he wouldnt have a job, he would go back to being a builder.
So you're the only one who's allowed to post about our coaches seeing as you're the only one who knows everything about everyone? Perhaps you should start your own forum seeing as your opinion is the only one that matters.

FACT is we poached Royal from Melbourne, another AFL club, he hasn't been out of the AFL at all since becoming an assistant coach, so for you to say he'd be back to being a builder is just crap.

Not sure how you can be so convinced of Campbell's strategic ability seeing as he's been an assistant coach for what a couple of months now?

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star

look infamy you have a one track mind.
you think everybody thats played or been part of a premiership has what it takes to be successful .
and people who havent won a premiership are poo.
choco has not won a premiership as a player or as an assistant and he was part of a very very powerful footscray team that couldnt win a premiership under wallace.
king is a good assistant at the moment ,but l would like to see him coach a vfl team to see what hes like .
dont judge people because they havent won a premiership ,because you would be overlooking alot of very talented people.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Not sure how you can be so convinced of Campbell's strategic ability seeing as he's been an assistant coach for what a couple of months now?

And especially how, as a player, he was just as maligned as Bowden or Johnson for his propensity to 'prop, stop, look around and go sideways with a dinky little kick'.  He didn't display many attacking qualities as a player (the very thing we are trying to implement in our gameplan) and never learnt in a successful club or from a successful coach.  And I'm not a Campbell-basher, just don't see how his resume equates to "extremely good strategic-wise".  More likely a case of another coaching no-namer doing an apprenticeship at Richmond.

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star

And especially how, as a player, he was just as maligned as Bowden or Johnson for his propensity to 'prop, stop, look around and go sideways with a dinky little kick'.  He didn't display many attacking qualities as a player (the very thing we are trying to implement in our gameplan) and never learnt in a successful club or from a successful coach.  And I'm not a Campbell-basher, just don't see how his resume equates to "extremely good strategic-wise".  More likely a case of another coaching no-namer doing an apprenticeship at Richmond.

but if you remember smokey it wasnt like cambo had alot to kick too.
richo always had 2 or 3 on him and the rest of the forwardline was passengers just sitting back watching.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

but if you remember smokey it wasnt like cambo had alot to kick too.
richo always had 2 or 3 on him and the rest of the forwardline was passengers just sitting back watching.
Yep, true but Campbell played in 2 preliminary final teams and my memory was of him (for his whole career) being one of the absolute worst culprits of the 'Richmond disease'.  I've got nothing against the guy who was a great Tiger for his whole career - he also had some interaction with my family at a very personal level and I can't talk highly enough about his actions at that time - I just think he would need to have changed or learnt a lot about creating and implementing attacking gameplans since his playing days.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
David King doesn't have a contract - he just said so on 3aw.

jackstar

David King doesn't have a contract - he just said so on 3aw.

As I said in an earlier post, his contract ends at years end. Wont be renewed ;)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

So what. At least he hasnt emploed his albino brother in law to hold the white board.

You cant knock King's credentials to coach.

And you just lost all your credibility on Campbell. He doesnt have the most important requirement to coach. A spine.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

look infamy you have a one track mind.
you think everybody thats played or been part of a premiership has what it takes to be successful .
and people who havent won a premiership are pooh.
choco has not won a premiership as a player or as an assistant and he was part of a very very powerful footscray team that couldnt win a premiership under wallace.
king is a good assistant at the moment ,but l would like to see him coach a vfl team to see what hes like .
dont judge people because they havent won a premiership ,because you would be overlooking alot of very talented people.

Overlooking who? Danny Frawley? LMAO.

jackstar

So what. At least he hasnt emploed his albino brother in law to hold the white board.

And you just lost all your credibility on Campbell. He doesnt have the most important requirement to coach. A spine.

Wayne Campbell, terrific person and great football knowledge.
Cant beleive anyone could knock Wayne

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

How many times did we finish 9th with Campbell in the team? He never lost any sleep over it.

He always wanted a career in the media, and that's where his football knowledge will take him. Wontbe a senior coach because he never understood the importance of putting the team above himself (and his soft kick stats).

As for being a terrific bloke, go ask Knighter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
March said he was confident the team of five around Wallace - assistants Brian Royal, David King, Jade Rawlings and Craig McRae, and football manager Paul Armstrong - would remain although he said football department decisions were not his to make. Those will fall to Miller's successor, along with Wallace.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24092349-5012432,00.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame

How many times did we finish 9th with Campbell in the team? He never lost any sleep over it.

He always wanted a career in the media, and that's where his football knowledge will take him. Wontbe a senior coach because he never understood the importance of putting the team above himself (and his soft kick stats).

As for being a terrific bloke, go ask Knighter

Since when has a good coach had to be a "terrific bloke"?   :-\
EAT EM ALIVE!