Author Topic: Tigers staff face chopping block / Ignore rumours, still Miller time at Richmond  (Read 12597 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
While March gave assurances on Monday the club would add to its coaching staff, not cut it, rumours persist several members of the football department will be moved on at the end of the season.

The club is being helped by The Slade Group in its search for a football head to replace Miller, but it is believed it has a candidate from within sport - but outside football - firmly in its sights.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24099878-19742,00.html

jackstar

Your sad, you dont realise the club has got ""bozos""  running it at the moment, now what were David Kings qualifications :banghead
Jade Rawlings :banghead Brian Royal, oh yeah, he Terrys friend, Paul Armstrong, yep another friend, Monkhurst, yep another friend,  Lets dont forget Wayne Johnson, Yep another friend.  :banghead
David King was a premiership defender with the very powerful Roos side, I think that is credentials enough and I haven't heard any bad things said about his coaching ability. If you want an ex-player just finished his playing career, I can't see why David King wouldn't be a genuine contender. Certainly better credentialed than guys like Wayne Campbell.

Brian Royal was an experienced AFL assistant coach and was credited with turning around the skills of the Western Bulldogs. Sure he may have been Wallace's mate, but you want to surround yourself with people you trust and have a good working relationship with.

Jade Rawlings I've never been convinced of, but the ability of a player never determines their coaching ability. Monkhorst was a better solution than other ruck coaches we've had in the past who never even played in the ruck.

Steve Alessio was ruck coach before Monkhurst. ::) He got the flick for Monkhurst who is a close friend of Wallet. Alessio nows runs AFL Sportsready.
Wayne Campbell will be an AFL cocah one day, David King wont.
Wayne is extremely good strategic wise.
As for Brian Royal, nice bloke and thats where its ends, if he didnt have Terry he wouldnt have a job, he would go back to being a builder.
Infamy, dont write if you dont know anything about them :banghead

So what. At least he hasnt emploed his albino brother in law to hold the white board.

You cant knock King's credentials to coach.

And you just lost all your credibility on Campbell. He doesnt have the most important requirement to coach. A spine.

Wayne Campbell, terrific person and great football knowledge.
Cant beleive anyone could knock Wayne

How many times did we finish 9th with Campbell in the team? He never lost any sleep over it.

He always wanted a career in the media, and that's where his football knowledge will take him. Wontbe a senior coach because he never understood the importance of putting the team above himself (and his soft kick stats).

As for being a terrific bloke, go ask Knighter

Since when has a good coach had to be a "terrific bloke"?   :-\

Its called "'people skills" ;)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade

Wayne Campbell struck me as a very arrogant no people skilled person.
Maybe a great bloke when he is 1 of your pals, doesn't mean he is a great bloke.
To call your supporters cretins when you are captain of a football club aint a real good KPI either in my book.

Moi

Maybe a great bloke when he is 1 of your pals, doesn't mean he is a great bloke.
To call your supporters cretins when you are captain of a football club aint a real good KPI either in my book.
Spot on  :thumbsup

jackstar

Funny thing perception ;)

Tigermonk

find this amusing  :lol its obvious you never spoke to him apart from maybe a hello can you sign this for me,
dont blame him if he did with Richmond supporters spitting at players & coaches.
Club & Supporters are stamped with Eat your own, go figure

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Presumption followed by a generalisation ... need I continue  :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Danny Frawley was a "great bloke"
Was more interested in being all the players mates rather than demanding respect

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

find this amusing  :lol its obvious you never spoke to him apart from maybe a hello can you sign this for me,
dont blame him if he did with Richmond supporters spitting at players & coaches.
Club & Supporters are stamped with Eat your own, go figure

Reminds of the supporter in the members, while everyone was cheering a Cambo goal where Cambo played on after a mark and chipped kicked off one step, who just sat there with his arms crossed and turned to his mate next to him and said "that's why I hate him" lol.

Many supporters turned on Cambo after 1999 when he threatened to walk out to North and then Spud gave him the captaincy off Knighter, but his form in early 2003 before he got injured was so good many of them had jumped back on the Cambo bandwagon. Wallace was willing to allow him to continue on for one more year to reach his 300 but Cambo had already promised his girl they would go away and travel OS and in any case it was time for him to retire.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

Was more interested in being all the players mates rather than demanding respect

LOL 2001 finals. Oh how we forget ::)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame

LOL 2001 finals. Oh how we forget ::)

And the longer he coached the crapier we got.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star

he did have the respect .
his problem was him and the people around him werent good at recruiting and tactics .

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
He may have had their respect for the first two years, he certainly couldn't keep it though

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
He may have had their respect for the first two years, he certainly couldn't keep it though

it also had alot to do with the poo players we had as well.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Don't remind me.  I watched the game on Saturday night standing next to the spitter.  Not wanting to spoil the mood of the game or the party I was at, it was very hard to stand there listening to him commenting and cheering every good thing we did.   >:(