Author Topic: Tigers vs Cats  (Read 9306 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Cats
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:57:07 AM »
We seem to cop our fair share of opposition milestone games.

This week - Matthew Scarlett plays his 200th.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/M/Matthew_Scarlett.html

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tigers vs Cats
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
If that's not enough, Ablett, Ling and Milburn could all be back.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
Ling is the one who will hurt us the most - can't stand that ugly #%^@&!

Of course a fully fit Ablett can be dangerous too...... :help

Stripes

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »
Millburn very underated also - Hawks were lucky friday, that game was not an indicator, far from it ....

Huge game, I just want to see a contest .....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:17:57 AM »
Ablett is still only a maybe and Geelong may take the cautious approach and give him another week off. Milburn and Ling are definitely back and probably Wojcinski. No Chapman who cut us up big time last time kicking 4 goals.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/cats-wary-over-ablett-return/2008/07/28/1217097149888.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
dont worry me who they got in or out, prefer them to be full strength so if by any chance we cause a upset moral will be bursting & l'm sure Thompson would pay credit, eff l'm getting ahead of myself here  ;D
l feel a upset brewing, l got my money on the Tigers this week cause if they do,  the payout will be a large but more important l like to see us have a win over a top quality top 8 side, then l will say we come along way forward.  :gotigers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »
If there was one player I could cut from the Geelong team to give us a better shot at winning it would be Chapman.  He absolutely kills us and it gives me a smidgin of real opportunity to knock this team off if we're willing to tackle them head on for 4 quarters and dont stuff around with the pill.  :pray
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »
If there was one player I could cut from the Geelong team to give us a better shot at winning it would be Chapman.  He absolutely kills us and it gives me a smidgin of real opportunity to knock this team off if we're willing to tackle them head on for 4 quarters and dont eff around with the pill.  :pray

Wojcinski is the dangerous lad, needs a kick in the balls, his the quickest they got & very damaging  ;D
yes TA glad Chapman is out & Ablett wont play surely, we had a few injuries ourselves last time, players with niggles so it should be a good game. The confidence is up & Moore is playing well, we must have someone tag Stokes cause his a little prick. Bring in kingy to knock him out  :thumbsup

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »
ablett wont play
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »
ablett wont play

Is another one of your "tips from a mate" like the Deledio call.

AKA "I stuffed up once at a 50/50 so now I'm going to have another crack to try and get some respect back"?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »
Who is going to take Stokes ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 11:20:15 PM »
I hope I'm wrong but I think we won't get within 7-10 goals if Geelong turns up to play :-\. They are a class above everyone else and they've won their last 10 straight at the Dome. If we keep it to 5 goals or less like last time at least then we can take something out of the game. Like TA I'm glad Chappy isn't playing as he kills us everytime. We've got to play to our strengths - match them in the contested footy and run like hell taking them on.

Will Plough try something out of the hat a la when he was at the Dogs against Essendon at the Dome in 2000?!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:20 AM »
Who is going to take Stokes ?
I guess Tambo as he's started in defence the last couple of weeks and took Aaron Davey when we played Melbourne. Or maybe Polo if he comes back in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace marvels at Cats' freakish form (The Age)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 04:37:07 AM »
Wallace marvels at Cats' freakish form
July 29, 2008 - 7:34PM

Richmond coach Terry Wallace thinks Geelong are treating most of their AFL rivals with contempt, but only because they are just too good.

Wallace said Saturday night's clash against the Cats at Telstra Dome was an important test for his improving side.

The Cats have emphasised their premiership favouritism over the last fortnight, hammering the Western Bulldogs and then withstanding a spirited Hawthorn challenge.

"They've treated all bar Hawthorn with a fair whack of contempt and ... that's footy contempt, not the other contempt," Wallace said.

"They've handled good sides very, very comfortably and they've set a bar for themselves that's a fair way ahead of the rest of the group.

"That's a wonderful opportunity and challenge for our guys, we know we're in the hunt for the eight and every game is critically important."

The Tigers are half a game out of the top eight in 10th spot and Wallace said his team needs "at the very least" three more wins to make the finals.

Regardless of how they fare against the Cats, Wallace said the match would be a great experience.

"I've sat here week-in, week-out and said we are also in bigger-picture mode as well, trying to get a side that can formulate a finals-type scenario for year-in, year-out," he said.

"To be playing against the best, to have your young boys being able to step up and play against the best, I think it's great timing - coming off a good run of footy."

Wallace added he was unsure whether Cats star Gary Ablett would resume from an ankle injury against his side.

"I'm not really that big into the spy game, what we do most weeks is we plan for the worst-case scenario," he said.

"Obviously the worst-case scenario is him playing, because he's such a fantastic player.

"We'll get phone calls and everything else that happens later in the week."

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/wallace-marvels-at-cats-freakish-form-20080729-3mrs.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »
Quick question - Is the game being broadcast on free-to-air?