Author Topic: Cameron Schwab  (Read 4186 times)

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
Re: Cameron Schwab
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
i couldnt support Schwab or Waldron coming back to Richmond

Looks like a lot of things are happening in the club atm Ramps that supporters are not liking. Who knows at the end of all of this we could have Schwab as HOO, Sheeds as coach, Frawley as PR manager and Kane Johnson still as our captain and there is nothing we can do about it! Off Field at the moment we are like a fully loaded Semi-Trailer without brakes heading downhill with Charles Manson at the wheel!  :scream

why are we ,is it just because we got rid of miller.
its not like we are playing for a premiership because of him or anyone else at the club.

dereel, IMO Miller is just the start. I feel there will be more unpopular decisions to come and all these changes, for better or worse create a degree of instability just when we need stability with the onfield group finally coming together.

l dont have any problems with our assistant coaches going .
our skill level still isnt the best and you would think theres alot better people out there.
wallace has surrounded himself with friends ,its time to break the shackles and make wallace earn his money ,and really see if he can coach .

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:52 AM »
i couldnt support Schwab or Waldron coming back to Richmond

Looks like a lot of things are happening in the club atm Ramps that supporters are not liking. Who knows at the end of all of this we could have Schwab as HOO, Sheeds as coach, Frawley as PR manager and Kane Johnson still as our captain and there is nothing we can do about it! Off Field at the moment we are like a fully loaded Semi-Trailer without brakes heading downhill with Charles Manson at the wheel!  :scream

why are we ,is it just because we got rid of miller.
its not like we are playing for a premiership because of him or anyone else at the club.

dereel, IMO Miller is just the start. I feel there will be more unpopular decisions to come and all these changes, for better or worse create a degree of instability just when we need stability with the onfield group finally coming together.

our skill level still isnt the best and you would think theres alot better people out there.
wallace has surrounded himself with friends ,its time to break the shackles and make wallace earn his money ,and really see if he can coach .

I agree with you there when you say make Wallace earn his money.
I hear some supporters are asking for a contract extension. what a load of crap.

if he wants an extension lets see where we end up this time next year and that will decide his future.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
why should greg get sympathy

lets look at something form another angle.  it was miller and miller alone who was ensured daddy the dud had his performance based clause taken away from his contract. we had to put up with 2 years extra hell under danny which set us back , way back behind the pack. if miller didnt back danny and change his contract, our redevelopment would have been far further progressed.
As much as I hate to admit it, extending Fraudley's contract was a necessary evil. We needed to prove to the AFL world that we could keep a coach for an extended period past their first contract. It brought us the stability to attract other coaches to the club when at the time Fraudley was the only coach who even considered coaching us. I hated having him as our coach, but it had to be done.

wallace has surrounded himself with friends ,its time to break the shackles and make wallace earn his money ,and really see if he can coach.
Yet we are sounding out Schwab, Campbell, Bond, Lambert etc?
How is that not hiring "friends" or "mates", that is complete double standards
You hire people that you know you have a good working relationship
People accuse Miller of hiring his mate Wallace, yet by their own admission they didn't even know each other prior to Wallace taking over as senior coach

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »

So you're saying that despite the fact that Blind Freddie and his dog know we still have a skill level problem it's the fault of the coaches (whose job it is to raise these levels) rather than the players who can't/won't/don't work on them?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »

lets look at something form another angle.  it was miller and miller alone who was ensured daddy the dud had his performance based clause taken away from his contract. we had to put up with 2 years extra hell under danny which set us back , way back behind the pack. if miller didnt back danny and change his contract, our redevelopment would have been far further progressed.
As much as I hate to admit it, extending Fraudley's contract was a necessary evil. We needed to prove to the AFL world that we could keep a coach for an extended period past their first contract. It brought us the stability to attract other coaches to the club when at the time Fraudley was the only coach who even considered coaching us. I hated having him as our coach, but it had to be done.

wallace has surrounded himself with friends ,its time to break the shackles and make wallace earn his money ,and really see if he can coach.
People accuse Miller of hiring his mate Wallace, yet by their own admission they didn't even know each other prior to Wallace taking over as senior coach
Well said.

And why do we want any ex-admins back from the dark days of weak boards who were easily manipulated by the backroom boys with their "quick fixes" that had us going around in circles. They've had their time before and failed. Freo and Melbourne are going really well at the moment  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
the factions are back.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »

Brendan's revenge over Miller?

FFS

Geez Balmey put you friggn hand up. the whole football world knows you want the job

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »

So you're saying that despite the fact that Blind Freddie and his dog know we still have a skill level problem it's the fault of the coaches (whose job it is to raise these levels) rather than the players who can't/won't/don't work on them?

yeah the players do have to work on there skills,but wtf why do we employ assistants for to stand there and watch .
or have we recruited (not all)players that dont have much to start with.
maybe under wallace we have become too obsessed with speed rather than skill.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:47:30 AM by dereel-tiger »

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

infamy you have alot to learn mate.
l think your still upset about tat shooting you down a few times on the other site.
how is lambert or schwab or bond etc bringing in friends ,they would be working with wallace .
and steve wright does the recruiting ,it of course has to get board approval but tony free is only 1 person .
lambert has an excellent record as an assistant,and could of coached a afl side if he wanted to ,but he chose to be a long term assistant ,he has the runs on the board ,it would be silly to overlook him .
campbell lm not to sure about l dont know what his input is at the dogs but they have been going along ok
bondy is highly regarded and nearly took a senior berth at the saints .
of course there are more out there ,but remember we are talking about assistants not  the senior role .
l want mccrae in to be honest and sheeds as his assistant .

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
I have a lot to learn yet you think our CEO does our recruiting

As for T-a-T, I don't think he ever shot me down, I was simply one of the only people who challenged him and refused to be someone who gushed praise about how much they all loved him. I liked the way he went about it on the field, but at the end of the day he couldn't kick and was part of a terrible team. His views were outdated and typical Richmond feral material.

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »

As for T-a-T, I don't think he ever shot me down, I was simply one of the only people who challenged him and refused to be someone who gushed praise about how much they all loved him. I liked the way he went about it on the field, but at the end of the day he couldn't kick and was part of a terrible team. His views were outdated and typical Richmond feral material.

yes the ceo does do the hiring of the recruiting staff ,the director of football answers to him .
who then in turn reports to the board .lesson completed .

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »

Oh, didn't you read the article?  T-a-T wasn't Tony after all that because Tony said so.  It's just that Tony's actions since becoming a board member have mirrored his attitudes in his posts.  Funny that.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
No way we should even consider this guy...

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 08:10:25 AM »
l dont know if it will be schwab .
from media reports the tigers are looking at someone outside the afl BRIAN WALDRON.
hes doing a great job at the storm ,and is very highly regarded .
the rugby league is a very is alot more volatile market than the afl ,with players coming and going .
and hes done a great job at managing his players .
yes he has been a tiger in the past ,but he was at the tigers when the board was coming and going .
a more stable board would certainly make his job alot easier .

Ramps

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 08:14:06 AM »
l dont know if it will be schwab .
from media reports the tigers are looking at someone outside the afl BRIAN WALDRON.
hes doing a great job at the storm ,and is very highly regarded .
the rugby league is a very is alot more volatile market than the afl ,with players coming and going .
and hes done a great job at managing his players .
yes he has been a tiger in the past ,but he was at the tigers when the board was coming and going .
a more stable board would certainly make his job alot easier .

Im not a fan of seeing people back at the club, who have come from the clubs admin in the past,when the side was a diabolical mess at that time. I cant see Richmond supporters supporting the return of Cameron Schwab or Brian Waldron.