Author Topic: Grog Squad  (Read 2489 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Grog Squad
« on: August 30, 2004, 10:38:35 AM »
Took a friend there (who supports another team that will remained unnamed but is a huge Liverpool fan as well) this week. We thought we would go there for the last time and enjoy a beverage or two and a bit of a sing.

I will say that I aint a regular, I tend to go there 4-5 times a year and I really do enjoy it. Having been branded 'ferals' by most, I find that when you are losing by 10 goals and you kick an average of 1.5 goals a quarter, the game passes much more quickly getting blind and just singing. If i was in the outer, I would have been furious and been at the race giving it....but I was there drinking beers and just getting into things.

A lot of characters are down there at the grog squad..they are quite an interesting bunch and I look forward to spending much more time there next year....

Note: I really enjoyed the wallace tunes'....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Grog Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 10:50:27 AM »
Note: I really enjoyed the wallace tunes'....

Well, we're all in the mood for a melody, om21.  Any chance of a few lines from those tunes, just to pass the time? :cheers
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 11:17:03 AM »
Nothing that you havent heard before.....the old theres only one Terry Wallace...we love you terry we do....the known English-style tunes....

I did laugh and admittingly joined in at the 'We're poo and we know we are'.....and the one I laughed at the most was the 'We're going win the Wooden Spoon' chant where i noticed a couple of people really getting into it.

And the funniest part of all.....the clown Sydney supporter standing right in the middle who was moving his head side to side trying to watch the game as we just let rip with "Lets all have a disco" whilst we bounced around.....why would you stand there as an opposition supporter to watch the game?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 11:22:28 AM »
Ill put it in here for froars since its related to the Grog Squad.....

I was more to the right hand side leaning off the railings when we started the Who ate all the Pies chant....I joined in not knowing who or why we sang it but they were looking towards the crowd for some reason...so I just assumed they were giving it to a Swans fan.

Anyway 1/4 time and the who ate all the pies chant was as loud as ever and thats when I noticed Eddie walking up the aisle...we were bellowing and pointing at him, while he had the biggest grin on his face (and a big red head) with his head slightly down...as he went to walk down the stairs to go to the basement level....he looked up did the double fist pump and laughed while we just kept on going.....

Now thats what I call good healthy fun.....bit of poking and bagging and just wipes it off with a smile and a bit of banter back.

2JD

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 08:12:32 PM »
LOL they are a rude crude bunch, but they are fun and good to hide amongst when we play collingwood. The word is Eddie was there doing a documentry for 60 minutes on Krakouer, they filmed the Tiger Army for a couple of verses of "Andy Krakouer is a tiger is a tiger", I had to duck so hubby wouldnt  see me standing amongst the "ferals" while he watched 60 minutes lol. They sang "one man went to bed, went to bed with eddie" which was funny cos when he got up to leave he gave a wave like" thanks mates", i dont think he had any idea what they were singing lol. Its all very catchy tunes which you tend to get caught up in, I stopped singing midway when I realised they were singing "east melbourne is wonderful, its full of t1ts and fanny and richmond, oh east melbourne is wonderful" lol. The swans guy was a good friend of some of them, so he only looked like he was pushing his luck. I met a couple of them when i went to sydney once, i stood in the middle of the swans cheer squad after we got thrashed and waved my scarf as they sang, they reckoned i was stupid or passionate or drunk enuff to become and honarary member lol

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 09:34:23 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Your kidding me....a special on 60 Minutes? Ouch! There is a fair chance then that I will get a show.....is it this week?

2JD

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 07:39:34 PM »
I'm not sure when it is OM21, I would say its this week before the news gets too cold, what were you wearing so I can keep an eye out for you lol

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 08:35:37 PM »
Black and yellow striped AEK shirt....trust me you wont miss it if its on...the guy next to me was wearing a white liverpool polo shirt.

I look forward to watching it this week....this could be funny.