Author Topic: Heath Shaw DUI with Didak in the car  (Read 6813 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Heath Shaw DUI with Didak in the car
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:51:29 PM »
Surprised no one has mentioned this .....

-------------------------------------------
Collingwood's Heath Shaw free to play despite drink driving charge
August 04, 2008

COLLINGWOOD star Heath Shaw has admitted he wasn't thinking when he drove home drunk from a Hawthorn pub on Sunday night.

And he has confirmed he was drinking with trouble-prone team-mate Alan Didak before he crashed into parked cars, but insists Didak was not in his black Holden ute when he crashed.

Shaw hit a stationary vehicle in Wrixon St Hawthorn before blowing almost three times above the legal limit.

Despite the charge, Shaw has escaped suspension from the club and will play this weekend in the crucial clash against St Kilda.

“I’m pretty embarrassed, I’m pretty empty," he said at team training a short time ago.

"I let a lot of people down.

"I didn’t think about the repercussions."

Shaw said he had been drinking with his brother, Didak, and other friends at the Geebung club in Hawthorn East.

When questioned, he confirmed he and Didak had been drinking beer.

Shaw said he left at around 11.30pm with a friend, who he did not wish to name, and clipped a stationary car.

"I was in a bit of shock when I pulled over," said Shaw. "I was not thinking when police came."

He claims he called Didak after the collision, saying “I need your help”. He said Didak later came to the scene but quickly left.

"I rang Alan and saw him walking down," said Shaw. "I told him to go."

Collingwood captain Scott Burns refused to mince words, saying Shaw had let everyone down and he was "not at all happy".

“Bugger him,” Burns said, “We’re going to make sure he cops it.”

Club president Eddie McGuire was red-faced with rage when he spoke to the media about the incident.

''(The Collingwood Football Club) is embarrassed and absolutely furious,'' McGuire said.

''There is no excuse and we're sick and tired of this behaviour.''

McGuire said the club had lost over $4 million in sponsorship deals over the years because of players behaving badly.

He said Shaw would not be suspended but would take full responsibility and be fined the maximum amount.

“He’s not a five-year-old, he is a grown man and must take responsibility,” said McGuire.

“(Coach) Mick (Malthouse) breaks his neck week in and out and is dragged down by clowns.

"Enough is enough.”

McGuire said Shaw would be fined the maximum amount under club rules - around $10,000.

Shaw will however, take the field against St Kilda, a game the club must win to keep its fading finals hopes alive.

Shaw's alleged recklessness behind the wheel will strike close to home for his family, as his sister, Laine, was lucky to survive a 2005 car crash.

The then-20-year-old spent almost two months in hospital, and was left with two broken ankles, a shattered pelvis and knee, broken collarbone and arm, broken ribs and a head wound requiring 25 staples.

Shaw and his older brother Rhyce took turns travelling back to the family home to help with Laine's rehab after she was discharged from the Epworth Rehabilitation Unit.

Coach Mick Malthouse said it was up to Shaw to take responsibility for his actions and said the club couldn’t “chaperone” their players everywhere they went.

“He chose not to be responsible on Sunday … we will make him responsible,” Malthouse said.

Earlier, AFL chief Andrew Demetriou said it was up to the club to determine the best punishment for the star defender.

Asked whether the league would take action on Shaw, Mr Demetriou said it was better for clubs to determine penalties.

"We prefer the clubs to deal with these instances themselves,'' Mr Demetriou said.

''I'm pretty sure Collingwood has taken this matter very seriously," Mr Demetriou said today.

Shaw's car allegedly car slid out of control about 11.30pm in Wrixon Street, Kew last night.

The Herald Sun understands Shaw registered a blood alcohol reading of .144.

Penalty notices are served to drivers who record a blood alcohol level of up to .15 - with penalties dependent on the exact amount of alcohol found in the driver's system.

The maximum penalty is a 14-month loss of licence.

Shaw was one of the best players for the Collingwood in the side's big loss to Hawthorn at the MCG on Friday night.

He kicked two goals and played a pivotal role in the centre as the Hawks cruised to a 54-point win.

It's not the first time the Collingwood Football Club has hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.

In January, Magpie rookie Sharrod Wellingham, was arrested on a drink driving charge after blowing 0.13 at Lorne. The club lost a lucrative $500,000 TAC sponsorship, and in turn fined Wellingham $5000.

At the time Magpie President Eddie McGuire denied the club had a culture of excessive drinking, despite several other boozy offences taking place since Mick Malthouse took over as coach in 2000.

In June 2007, Collingwood forward Alan Didak admitted to a wild seven-hour drinking session with Christopher Wayne Hudson, the man accused of killing lawyer Brendan Keilor in the CBD shootings.

In May 2006 Chad Morrison blew .093, costing the Pies a $200,000 fine from sponsor TAC and Morrison a $20,000 fine imposed by the club.

Three months later, Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson were interviewed by police after a 4am bashing in Port Melbourne. The pair were fined $5000 for breaking curfew.

Previously, Tarrant was involved in a 4am nightclub fight with Essendon's Mark Johnson in 2004.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24124765-5016215,00.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:46:06 AM by one-eyed »

Ox

Re: Heath Shaw DUI
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
Yeh right Eddie.

Heard his BS Schpeil on MMM,yelling at how it was not acceptable.

Fu cken hate his fat guts - hypocritical turd.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 06:31:27 PM »
Yeh right Eddie.

Heard his BS Schpeil on MMM,yelling at how it was not acceptable.

effen hate his fat guts - hypocritical turd.
Totally agree,  making out he's getting the toughest treatment possible but still being able to play, very transparent bullcrap interview >:(

Moi

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »
Could have quite easily gone the same way as Millane.
They actually don't care about their players
Just say they're naughty boys and let them continue to keep on doing it.
Wonder if Eddie will now agree they have a problem with excessive drinking  :nope

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:50:52 PM »
Should have known beeter especially considering what his sister went through  :yep

Staggering he phoned Didak .... "I need your help"  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »
LOL WP.

From the news footage of the damaged car it's a stretch by the Pies to say Shaw "clipped" a parked car. The whole front left-hand side of the car was smashed in with the wheel was half hanging off. If they really wanted to send a message to their players the Pies would've suspended Shaw for the rest of the season.

Whenever things like this happen to the Pies (and they've happened quite frequently in recent years), I always remember back to Eddie on the footy show going to town on Richmond and its culture  ::) over what Schulz did. I bet this will hardly get a mention on Thursday night even though we've had Cloke speeding 144kph, Didak riding with murderers, the Pie picked up in the carpark with Buddy and now Shaw blowing 3 times over = Culture  :yep.   

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Heath Shaw DUI with Didak in the car lol
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
This story just keeps getting better lol.

Breaking news on SEN is Didak was actually in the car and Shaw is in further trouble for telling Eddie and co. fibs and the punishment is being reviewed.

Bye bye Didak  :rollin

Ox

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
It really reflects on Eddie and focuses on how poo a president he actually is. :wallywink

Faile at nine as an exec and is a failure as pres of the cfc :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »

Breaking news on SEN is Didak was actually in the car and Shaw is in further trouble for telling Eddie and co. fibs and the punishment is being reviewed.

what a complete loser.
The pies are weak and will never get rid of him. no way!!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 10:11:32 PM »

hmm - Buckley on 3aw didn't know much but did know that Didak wasn't in the car. He was 200 metres behind in a hired car (presumably a taxi) and Russell said "Well Didak should be congratulated for being so responsible - lol

Buckley will be ropeable - he made the point - what were they doing out late drinking six days before saints game? They had all saturday to do that.

They can't be too bright if they think they could get away with telling a porkie about Didak being in the car - too many people would have seen them leave the pub.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 11:18:12 PM »
Is anyone loving this or what??

This is blood/y brilliant this is. I almost made myself pocorn in anticipation for Footy classified tonight.

Watching the pies go down is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
Eddie thinking Didak wasn't involved said earlier today that Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next. Oops!  :lol

what a complete loser.
The pies are weak and will never get rid of him. no way!!!

Hasn't Didak got a clause in his contract about not screwing up again. Caro says his new contract for 2009-10 had that clause removed  ::) but the current one still has that clause. If they weren't so weak that clause should be exercised and Didak thrown out the door and Shaw suspended for the rest of the season. Didak left the scene of an accident and then both of them lied about it. They are up dodo creek big time. The boys in blue won't be happy either about being lied to.

Couldn't happy to a better club  :rollin.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »
I almost made myself pocorn in anticipation for Footy classified tonight.
;D :rollin

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »
If they weren't so weak that clause should be exercised and Didak thrown out the door and Shaw suspended for the rest of the season. Didak left the scene of an accident and then both of them lied about it. They are up dodo creek big time. The boys in blue won't be happy either about being lied to.

They won't be dropped, they need to win this weekend.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
A few points

1/ I am loving this.

2/ If as management processes are not working, do you not review and then implement a new process.

3/ I am loving this.

4/ The process is not working at skunkland.

5/ I am loving this.

6/ Shaw is in my supercoach  :banghead

7/ I am loving this.

8/ Everyone makes mistakes and it is from these we grow and learn.

9/ I am loving this.

10/ Apart from Didak who has shown his true colours, to sit back and let a "mate" lie speaks volumes of this guys character.

11/ Yep u guessed it, I am loving this.  :rollin :lol