Author Topic: Our record in opposition 300 game milestones  (Read 686 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Our record in opposition 300 game milestones
« on: August 09, 2008, 03:56:24 AM »
A fairly pointless stat lol but we're just ahead (from BF)

John "Sam" Newman - Loss v Richmond, SF 1980
Barry Round             - Loss v Richmond, Rd 21 1983
Stephen Silvagni      - Loss v Richmond, Rd 11 2001

Justin Madden - Win v Richmond, Rd 14 1995
Paul Williams   - Win v Richmond, Rd 7 2006

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Our record in opposition 300 game milestones
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »

I remember in the Silvagni match that our players went over and helped form a guard of honour after the game.  Nice touch but I can't see it happening on Sunday, win lose or draw.

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »

I remember in the Silvagni match that our players went over and helped form a guard of honour after the game.  Nice touch but I can't see it happening on Sunday, win lose or draw.

that was a terrible decision to make the players do that, its degrading the club & the players & should be done in the bar after the game. not in front of supporters who hate Carlton like myself the filth of the league, dirty cheating club always has been. l do respect Silvagni as a player & person just not the jumper
reminds me of Frawley making us stand in line after St_Kilda thumped us at the Dome after Nathan Burke last game
If Wallace does that this weekend l be sending a letter of protest to the club & they can shove thier future membership up thier asses
l'm tired of Richmond being the sooky soft club who worries about other clubs players, its time to get tuff

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

that was a terrible decision to make the players do that, its degrading the club & the players & should be done in the bar after the game. not in front of supporters who hate Carlton like myself the filth of the league, dirty cheating club always has been. l do respect Silvagni as a player & person just not the jumper
reminds me of Frawley making us stand in line after St_Kilda thumped us at the Dome after Nathan Burke last game
If Wallace does that this weekend l be sending a letter of protest to the club & they can shove thier future membership up thier asses
l'm tired of Richmond being the sooky soft club who worries about other clubs players, its time to get tuff

Fair enough TM, I just remember it seemed an 'honorable' thing to do at the time.  It might have had something to do with the fact it was 'the old enemy' and there was a level of respect between mortal foes - but of course, it was probably very easy to be honorable when we had just won!!!  And I can't see us doing that for a Crows player after Joel's 250th.
 :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:41:42 PM »

We won that day so I didn't have a problem with it. Once the siren has gone the game is over. That was a good game to watch too and I have clips of some of the goals we kicked. Classy goals from Brodders and Knighter in the last quarter to seal the game.

It'd be a great tribute if Richo were to reach 300 and the opposition on the day formed a guard of honour for him. I remember the Collingwood players forming one before the game in KB's 400th as he ran out onto the ground. Nothing wrong with admiring champions of the game. It doesn't mean you still don't want the Tiges to flog the mongrels lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd