Author Topic: McCrae, Buckley, Hardwick, or someone else- Who should takeover Richmond.  (Read 11765 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
1980 we've be going back to the drawing board for the last how many years. The fact is that Wallace can't coach and he has fooled us with spin for far too long.

I disagree. Wallace hasnt coached because he hasnt needed to. We only need to have one good year (next season) for him to be a hero.

And thats when we'll decide whether we're going back to the drawing board. And the footy gods better help us because another rebuild will be a lot to take

Ramps

the club needs to ensure that it doesnt lose its best young players, it needs to draft smart this year and trade smart, we dont need a full rebuild we just need to create the 2nd layer of young talent to go with the first, but if we start losing our best young kids then we will be a rabble for the next 20 years.

Deledio, Cotchin et al, they will all want to see the side improve and give them a chance for the ultimate reward, if they cant see a chance to win a premiership at Richmond they may do an Ottens and tonight atleast 2 posters have said that we will lose atleast 1 good young player that supposedly wants out. I dont know who that is but it better not be Deledio.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!

2/ Cotchin, going to be a gun, needs a good coach though, not someone who wants him to kicks sideways 10 metres

FFS Jack is this gonna be the next one you use ad nauseum. It's about the sixth time I've read you use this one tonight.

You have something like 4 lines and you repeat them 200 times a day...looks like you now have five...
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Hardwick would be a very good get as coach
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

jackstar

2/ Cotchin, going to be a gun, needs a good coach though, not someone who wants him to kicks sideways 10 metres

FFS Jack is this gonna be the next one you use ad nauseum. It's about the sixth time I've read you use this one tonight.

You have something like 4 lines and you repeat them 200 times a day...looks like you now have five...

FFS Fwoy3, its the truth isnt it.

jackstar

1980 we've be going back to the drawing board for the last how many years. The fact is that Wallace can't coach and he has fooled us with spin for far too long.

I disagree. Wallace hasnt coached because he hasnt needed to. We only need to have one good year (next season) for him to be a hero.

And thats when we'll decide whether we're going back to the drawing board. And the footy gods better help us because another rebuild will be a lot to take

Pretty simple, too many ""light weights"" on the list, we are going no where

Tigermonk

You're putting Campbell forward as a supercoach?

A guy that made a career out of finishing 9th?

This club's given him enough, he go off and eff another club up.

funny you should say that, his been working at another club all year. stay in touch with footy

Tigermonk

Pretty simple, too many ""light weights"" on the list, we are going no where

agree

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think hes upset that I mentioned that Deledio may want out eventually if he cant see success coming shortly. Richmond must keep Deledio at all costs imho. Make him captain in 2009 is a good start.

If we lose lids ill seriously consider not renewing my membership next year.

I will be so gutted. I really think Otto has set an example that if u want success u have to leave the rfc, especially with a dud like leather face as coach.

Make lids captain right now. newman goodbye!! Its our only hope at getting some descent draft picks.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

Lids has to be captain.
Foley VC

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!

FFS Fwoy3, its the truth isnt it.

Jack, I don't necessarily disagree with stuff you say, but the incessant spamming got tiring sooooooooooo long ago. You have your views. Do you have to repeat them and hit refresh every three minutes. Some of us read each post, not just the last entry  :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Tigermonk

Lids has to be captain.
Foley VC

Jack l dont think Foley has what it takes to be Captain or Vice Captain in the future.
he struggles now to break tags & with added preasure would destroy him
l reckon just let him play good football for a few seasons then access

Ox

I just wanna hear from MOOSE again :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
A think some people around here need to take a breath and stop sensationalizing things.

Apparently Lids and Cotch are leaving and we need to rebuild or the earth will explode or something like that...I'm probably missed some of the finer points with that summary. :)

Take a step back and review our situation unemotively -

1 We have moved from the bottom of the ladder last season with 3 and a half wins to still being in contention for the finals and winning 8 and a half games with three still to play. This year we actually still had a chance at this stage of the season where over the last 7 years previously I had already turned my attention to the draft camps Progress

2 We have more depth to our list with players such as Rance, Putt, Connors, Meyer, Cogs, Collard  and Collins not even playing this year because spots are hard to get. In previous years players such as Tiv and Petts had to be played and our young draftees had to be rushed in. Now we actually have the luxury of giving them time and space to develop and choosing players on form. Progress

3 Our backline and forwardline structures are young developing teams instead of being reliant upon players such as Bowden and Richo. We look stronger and less predictable (Richo back at FF last game showed why he needs to now play up the ground - injury?)

I think your mail on Lids is wrong. I know someone who works directly with the players day in day out and they tell me the playing group are happy, unified and keen to stick together to achieve future success.

Stripes

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Do I like TW or his style?  NO
Has this year been an Improvement?  Yes
Is he going anywhere ?  NO

I dont know here some of the crap that gets stated as FACTs comes from but trying to scare poeple saying we are going to loose a player is just crazy. Fact is we have a draft/trade system and is very hard to loose a good player without getting someting good back.

As far a coaching goes, it is not going to change. There is no succuesful coach that is saying "get me now or miss out" out there so why would we change (please no Sheedy talk :banghead). Getting rid of TW for some untried coach does not appeal to me.

As far as "Kick it to me Campbell" goes as a coach, are you kidding  :help. He didnt know how to win on the field how is he going to teach Kids to win. Run behind to get a handpass or bomb it on guys heads is not going to win games nowdays (and didnt win in his day either).
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!