Author Topic: McCrae, Buckley, Hardwick, or someone else- Who should takeover Richmond.  (Read 11771 times)

Ramps

We were absolutely hopeless today, Jack.
Great example.
But one week doesn't make a season
If you can't see that from coming last last season to where we are this year isn't an improvement, then I feel sorry for you. You're so biased, you cannot see straight.
Just remember Tim Watson was held in high esteem as well when he became coach of the Saints
Ended up being one of the greatest jokes of all time.
Be careful what you wish for  :banghead

We havent improved.
You have all been lured into a false sense of security. WE were lucky to win a few games and thanks to Richo, we did.
Tell me where we have inproved.?
I am not biased at all, I only look at results. Finishing 10th or 11th as we will isnt any difference to finishing 16th.
Keep in mind that all bottom 4 clubs rested players this week and are planning for next year already. Even Freo has forced how many players to retire so they can get games in younger players etc.
Anyway, we will be Wallace free next year, thank god!

Lets hope we're not Deledio free  :help

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would like to see Nathan Buckley coaching at Richmond, assistant coaching that is :) Nathan shouldn't be given a coaching gig without learning the ropes as an assistant elsewhere.

TW has another year and will not be going anywhere after challenging for the finals especially considering we  finished on the bottom last year. A little perspective and objectivity from posters on this board regardless of our immediate situation would be great from time to time.  :pray

We had a bad game and I'm $%@%^$ disappointed like the rest of you! We had a real shot at the finals for the first time in years and we peeed it up the wall. I thought the weather would esculate the potenency of the Crows Style of play and hinder ours. Our comparitive size deficency killed us with Adelaide outmuscling us in the wet conditions.

We struggle against defensive teams such as the Crow and Sydney where we have no room to move, run or deliver.

But we can't be turning over our whole list and suggesting to Lids and Cotch to ask to be traded at the end of next year!  :help  Daniel this is just your disappontment talking. Yes it was hard to find a good player today with perhaps only Lids and Tuck the only players to stand up. Kingy has been ordinary since his return and Morton playing poorly lately (I wonder if Cleve's absence has anything to do with this).

I remember writing a thread about the deficencies in our style of play and how we needed to shepherd and block more for the ball carrier rather than run further ahead and look for the recieve. At the moment if we have two players running together and an opponent approaches the players without the ball usually runs forward to look to recieve the ball. The defender could intercept the handball, tackle the ball carrier causing the ball to spill or at best pressure the handball wasting time.

If instead we have two players running with the ball one should shepherd to create space for the ball carrier which reduces pressure and opportunities to turn the ball over. It also creates space ahead of the contest which frees up time. Teams such as Geelong and the Doggies (when they are on song) are masters of it.

That is my biggest grievance and perhaps getting an assistant coach who believes in this type of physical style of play would be a great addition to our coaching staff.

Stripes

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Whoever takes over has a big job indeed fixing up the playing list.

I think these blokes played today.

Chris Newman, should be offered up for trade
Will Thursfield, is a handy 3rd defender
Luke McGuane, should be replaced be traded to GC17, Alex Rance is the readymade replacement
Joel Bowden, Never been a big fan, I think its time to retire
Kelvin Moore, hasnt been bad in 2008, he can be kept
Jordan McMahon, anyone seen Callan Ward today or Scott Selwood lol. We should have kept the pick
Matthew Richardson,Great player, wont see success at Richmond, should retire and save his body
Shane Tuck, tries hard, wont take us to any great heights though.
Brett Deledio, Star- one of afew. Should ask to be traded if we dont make finals in 2009.
Trent Cotchin, see Brett Deledio
Adam Pattison, Not happening with Adam, should be shopped around end of 2008
Richard Tambling, Some good, mostly not so good, should be shopped around end of 2008. Disappointing, I really wanted Richie to succeed.
Nathan Brown, wasted his career coming to Richmond, should be shopped around end of 2008
Jack Riewoldt, hes a keeper but has a long long way to go.
Mitch Morton can play but has been disappointing the last few weeks
Troy Simmonds, he needs to be kept coz we have no other ruckman
Kane Johnson, should retire at seasons end.
Nathan Foley, should be kept overall a good season.
Shane Edwards, shows potential, very small, who knows
Jake King, sorry Jake, Id be trading you at seasons end
Daniel Jackson, I think Daniel is 25 to 30 ranked player on a list
Matt White, has improved this year so Id keep

In: Brown, Cartledge, Tivendale
Out: Nil

You dont have anything positive to say about our footy club, so FO back to Collingwood

jackstar

We challenge for the finals, your kidding arent you. :banghead :banghead

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
I really couldn't see Buckley moving anywhere apart from the Pies. And wouldn't Leon Cameron be a mini Wallace seem to me he has followed him all over the place. So this leave Campbell and he's a good one as a replacement. He's a tough nut just what we need.

Wayne wants to Coach :thumbsup

Yeah Campbell coaching would be a great move. Who better to teach Lids how to kick the ball 5 metres forward and 50 metres high.

You've now got zero credibility

Ramps

the truth hurts 1980. I understand your disappointment, but the reality is the reality. You tell us... what were the positives today  :help

jackstar

I really couldn't see Buckley moving anywhere apart from the Pies. And wouldn't Leon Cameron be a mini Wallace seem to me he has followed him all over the place. So this leave Campbell and he's a good one as a replacement. He's a tough nut just what we need.

Wayne wants to Coach :thumbsup

Yeah Campbell coaching would be a great move. Who better to teach Lids how to kick the ball 5 metres forward and 50 metres high.

You've now got zero credibility

What sort of goose are you.
Wallet already has taught Cotchin to go sideways 10metres by foot when he is sitting at the 50 arc,
Lids leads the short kicks doesnt he :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
You are a complete MORON

jackstar

the truth hurts 1980. I understand your disappointment, but the reality is the reality. You tell us... what were the positives today  :help

Ramps, dont waste your time with D/ Heads.
He hasnt been to the footy this year and obviously didnt see the game against Geelong where we continually chipped sideways and turned the ball over by foot :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
I felt sick today when I seen Cotchin kicking 10 metres sideways

Ramps

I think hes upset that I mentioned that Deledio may want out eventually if he cant see success coming shortly. Richmond must keep Deledio at all costs imho. Make him captain in 2009 is a good start.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

Today none.

But we've seen enough over the season.

1. Reiwoldt showed he is going to be a leader at this footy club
2. Cotchin - see Reiwoldt
3. Deledio's best season
4. Tuck's best season
5. Moore's best season
6. Thursfield is going to be better than Gaspar
7. Tambling gaining confidence
8. Morton showed he can kick goals
9. Games against Dogs and Lions
10. Winning 3 times interstate Freo, Eagles and Port

Save the call for going back to the drawing board for next season.

Ramps

Today none.

3. Deledio's best season
4. Tuck's best season
5. Moore's best season

so you attacked my assessment and then you posted what.... most of what you said correlates to what I said. Unfortunately, you are to quick to attack people in here. Read my assessment again, you will find you agree with most of what I have said lol.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
1980 we've be going back to the drawing board for the last how many years. The fact is that Wallace can't coach and he has fooled us with spin for far too long.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

He hasnt been to the footy this year and obviously didnt see the game against Geelong where we continually chipped sideways and turned the ball over by foot :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

You're putting Campbell forward as a supercoach?

A guy that made a career out of finishing 9th?

This club's given him enough, he go off and stuff another club up.

jackstar

Today none.

3. Deledio's best season
4. Tuck's best season
5. Moore's best season

1/ Reiwoldt, needs to do more. Looks okay in patches
2/ Cotchin, going to be a gun, needs a good coach though, not someone who wants him to kicks sideways 10 metres
3/ Lids, agree although he is a NO 1 draft pick, he is expected to perform
4/ Agree, although will find it hard to repeat next year, has had an excellent year.
5/ Agree
6/ Has had a good year, needs to find body strength. Got chopped up badly by Bradshaw. Dont know about being better than Gas though ?
7/ TOTALLY disagree, today just proved he has no idea in what he is doing out there, repeatedly gets caught, needs to be traded while there is some value there
8/ Morton, been patchy, last 3 weeks have been TERRIBLE! Coburg next week
9/ Dont get too carried away, I like the win against Brisbane, thanks for the memorys Richo and Joel, it was there game
10/ TOTALLY DISAGREE, three out of bottom 4 clubs lol your kidding

Ramps

You're putting Campbell forward as a supercoach?

A guy that made a career out of finishing 9th?

This club's given him enough, he go off and eff another club up.

Once again your not reading properly 1980, the title has 3 names Buckley, Hardwick and McCrae, others have suggested others
like campbell