Author Topic: Cartledge to debut for Richmond  (Read 1683 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cartledge to debut for Richmond
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
Congrats to Tristan on the back of good form for the Burgers :clapping

He's got 3 games to prove himself.

The Cotch

Re: Cartledge to debut for Richmond
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »
Good luck mate  :thumbsup

Hope he's one of those players that come good after a change of scenery and oppurtunity.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:41:49 AM »
Thoughts on Cartledge's first game in Yellow and Black?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:01 AM »
Thoguht he struggled with the tempo of the game early on, which is to expected

But he did kick a vital goal in the 3rd :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
He makes Patto look like Darren Jarman.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »
Struggled but maybe worth a another go after all its been a long time since he's played AFL.

Probably prefer we gave Gus Graham a go next week though.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
Patto seems more mobile around the ground/at ground level but I was fairly satisfied with his competitiveness in ruck hitouts.  He seems to be a fair bit bigger in the body than when he was at Essendon and should be given a couple of games to assess if he is worth keeping.  Cheap insurance while Graham and Putt develop.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »
Thought he did not make much of an impression around the ground.  Carteledge got his hands on the ball in a few marking contests but could not drag in the mark. Skills are not his strong point although he kicked a very important goal in the third quarter. I think Patto does more around the ground and is more skilled than Carteledge.

Offline wilba

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
Give the man a chance to prove himself i notice most richmond fan are very negitive towards the team as a whole think positive and things will happen  for  the team I reckon they will win grandfinal positve thought bring positive actions!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :bow

Ox

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »
Give the man a chance to prove himself i notice most richmond fan are very negitive towards the team as a whole think positive and things will happen  for  the team I reckon they will win grandfinal positve thought bring positive actions!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :bow

Geez....Is that you ?? ?? ??

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 11:14:09 PM »

is that you yoda??

fc.uk me drunk mate you need to stay off the disco biscuits champ.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 12:05:45 AM »
How many times do you need to be warned about avoiding the swear filter?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »
How many times do you need to be warned about avoiding the swear filter?

We can only hope it's now one too many . . .
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »

Onya Wilbur, gotta pump up the VFA.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cartledge's cunning plan (RFC)
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »
Cartledge's cunning plan
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
Fri 22 August, 2008

YOU HAVE to love it when a plan comes together.

Tristan Cartledge was taken in the 2002 draft by Essendon, but injuries and a lack of opportunities conspired against the young tall, and just seven games was the result.

Cartledge was delisted the Bombers at the end of the 2006 season, and after doing a pre-season with Hawthorn headed back to where he grew up to play with North Ballarat.

The idea was to go to uni, play against AFL-listed players, look impressive in doing so, and thus get back onto and AFL list.

It worked, with Richmond rookie listing him for the 2008 season, and last weekend the big man played his first game for the yellow and black.

It was the pay off for the year at Bendigo and a year of hard work and good form at Coburg.

"I knew I could get rookied, and then I was back in the system, and then there could be an opportunity to get back onto the senior list," he said.

"It's a terrific system, the rookie list, especially for the slightly older blokes who had injuries or were slightly later developers.

"I've been happy with the way I've been going at Coburg; it's been a really good year.

"Jade Rawlings has been really good for me, and he's been really happy with me throughout the year.

"I've just tried to enjoy my football with Jade and the Richmond and Coburg guys there, they've been fantastic."

The 23-year-old said Richmond coach Terry Wallace told him that he had been rookie-listed with a definite view to being elevated onto the senior list.

"I'd spoken to Terry a few times about it during the year, and he'd indicated to me that if there was injury he'd like to put me on the senior list, and that's come about, so that's been good for me."

Cartledge came into the Richmond team last weekend for their terrific win over second-placed Hawthorn, and Cartledge kicked his first goal in the AFL in more than three years.

"I was pretty nervous – straight in front, but I guess they're the ones you get nervous for, the easier ones," he said with a laugh.

"It was a good feeling, but I was a bit worried about what was going to happen if I missed it, but the boys were great, they got around me and they were very supportive.

"It really felt like we dominated that game – we led from start to finish and we never really felt that we could lose it, the way we were playing.

"I reckon the mood has been fantastic for most of the year, and the boys really want to finish off on a high note.

"We have to rely on other teams in relation to the finals, so we're just going about trying to win the last couple of games and finish 2008 on a good note."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=66055