Author Topic: Octobers coming........  (Read 2539 times)

The Cotch

Octobers coming........
« on: August 16, 2008, 12:33:24 AM »
Sorry if theres another thread on this............but the trade and draft period is coming fast. We really need no not screw this up and I constructed a plan for our off-season. Enjoy  ;)

Been thinking about what would be best for us off-field over the pre-season, and I have come to the conclusion that it is NOT getting Kerr or Brown. We MUST, as low as it sounds, finish as low as we can. Why? Because we have a great oppurtunity to obtain a very good midfielder by the name of Jack Ziebell.

Why I think young Jack will slip to us?

MELB- Watts
WCE- Rich
PORT- Naitanui
FREO- Hartlett
ESS- Hurley
RICH- Ziebell

Either way, we will get a very very good young player.

Now, imo, Vickery is a must in this draft, and you know what Terry, we can have our cake and eat it too.

What better than to have arguably the 3rd best mid, and the 2nd best ruckmen in the draft, only 2 picks in.

This is possible!

Newman and a 2nd rounder for a first rounder.

Simple stuff, Newman is replaceable, he is only a flanker.

In a matter of seconds, our midfield looks bloody great, and we have a decent young ruckmen on our hands.

Now Tezza, don't stop now! Picks are good, get used to liking them

Schulz and King have to be traded away, never to be seen again, for guess what? PICKS and more PICKS.

I will let you do only one thing Terry. And that is trade only ONE pick for ONE of Prismall or Warnock.

THAT IS IT!

This plan is not out of this world, it is entirely reasonable and achievable.

Lets get a minimum of 5 picks in this draft and with the remaining picks get another ruckmen and a couple of key position forwards and the world will be brighter let me tell you.

All I ask for Christmas Tezza, is a couple of first round draft picks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Octobers coming........
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:07:12 AM »
MELB- Watts
WCE- Rich
PORT- Naitanui  - top 3 names are a given. Port want Nat.
FREO- Hartlett
ESS- Hurley
CARL - Vickery
BRIS - ?
RICH-  ?

It looks like we'll now end up with pick 8 in the first round and then picks 26, 42, 58, ... so you're right Cotch about us needing to chase for another <30 pick. Schulz and Kingy probably our trade options. I've just got a feeling we'll hold onto Newy given he's vice-captain in a side short on leaders in that 23-27 age bracket.

Pick 8 would give us the likes of a Ziebell, McKernan, Trengove (if we take a risk with him coming back from long-term injury). Others in consideration could be talls Johnston and Roughead or smalls Suban or Sidebottom. I don't see Vickery now lasting to our first pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:55 AM »
No idea here - Where's Bluey ? We need to be endowed with some wisdom dude.
Especially the way this place is going these days  :shh

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »
MELB- Watts
WCE- Rich
PORT- Naitanui  - top 3 names are a given. Port want Nat.
FREO- Hartlett
ESS- Hurley
CARL - Vickery
BRIS - ?
RICH-  ?

It looks like we'll now end up with pick 8 in the first round and then picks 26, 42, 58, ... so you're right Cotch about us needing to chase for another <30 pick. Schulz and Kingy probably our trade options. I've just got a feeling we'll hold onto Newy given he's vice-captain in a side short on leaders in that 23-27 age bracket.

Pick 8 would give us the likes of a Ziebell, McKernan, Trengove (if we take a risk with him coming back from long-term injury). Others in consideration could be talls Johnston and Roughead or smalls Suban or Sidebottom. I don't see Vickery now lasting to our first pick.
Personally I can't see Carlton taking Vickery, they have a ruck need which is why they are interested in Warnock, but they used their first pick last year on a ruckman too. Their main need is a key defender. Not sure they'd want two ruckmen almost the same age who will both take 4-5 years to develop.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

[color=red]Newman and a 2nd rounder for a first rounder.
Simple stuff, Newman is replaceable, he is only a flanker. [/color]  Disagree Newman is a vice captain and a bloody good player as well  he will not go

I will let you do only one thing Terry. And that is trade only ONE pick for ONE of Prismall or Warnock.
[/font] [/color]  Agree  both Prismall and Warnock are players we need in going forward to be a finals contending team
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:46:22 PM »
Agree  both Prismall and Warnock are players we need in going forward to be a finals contending team
Warnock fills a need, but certainly isn't required and we should only get him if the deal is too good to refuse (ie. 2nd round pick swap or 3rd rounder). We could get Vickery with our first rounder who can play forward as well and has every chance of being better than Warnock.

Prismall we DO NOT NEED!!! and would be furious if we traded for him. Good player I agree, but when will people stop wanting to chase fringe players at premiership sides, they look better than they are due to the quality surrounding them. Look at how Selwood just stepped into that side and looks like a million dollars. Opposition sides are trying to stop GAJ, Bartell, Corey & even Chapman. Ling is already taking the best midfielder on the other side, so that leaves the scraps to mind guys like Selwood and then Prismall is the last one they look at covering so he looks like a star. We need to use our draft picks to try and get the next GAJ or Bartel, not pick up the left overs from strong sides.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »

Prismall we DO NOT NEED!!! and would be furious if we traded for him. Good player I agree, but when will people stop wanting to chase fringe players at premiership sides, they look better than they are due to the quality surrounding them.

For example, Blumfield, Heffernan and Caracella.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
Personally I can't see Carlton taking Vickery, they have a ruck need which is why they are interested in Warnock, but they used their first pick last year on a ruckman too. Their main need is a key defender. Not sure they'd want two ruckmen almost the same age who will both take 4-5 years to develop.
Swap Vickery and Hurley then. I wasn't actually thinking about that as the order after the first 3 isn't clear cut IMO.  I just think Vickery will be gone before our pick 8.

Agree 100% Infamy about Prismall. No more trading top picks for other club's fringe players. Prismall is 22 years old too so he's had a few years in the system to make his mark by now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »
Robert Michealides would be a good late draft pick or rookie pickup. Tall & still growing FF/Ruck very athletic approx 19yrs now, who has kicked 100 goals in a year & knows what winning premierships are like in yellow & black colors. Very strong junior career.
Currently playing in the WGLVFL for the Morwell Tigers after playing for Gippsland Power last year. Comes from a strong football family.
His just got to enter the draft to have a chance

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:23 AM »
id only be doing player for player swaps, Thomson from Port is one to look at. Beyond that not now interested in Warnock, I agree Vickery would be a better option through the draft.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
Robert Michealides would be a good late draft pick or rookie pickup. Tall & still growing FF/Ruck very athletic approx 19yrs now, who has kicked 100 goals in a year & knows what winning premierships are like in yellow & black colors. Very strong junior career.
Currently playing in the WGLVFL for the Morwell Tigers after playing for Gippsland Power last year. Comes from a strong football family.

I don't recall his name TM, has he nominated before?

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I don't recall his name TM, has he nominated before?

l never asked him cause l'm always busy but when l get a chance l will or l ask his father.
Got real talent & played many years with Jeff Ryan who is another of his current teammates
think the lads are a little worried about city life & missing basketball  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Prismall does his knee
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »
Agree  both Prismall and Warnock are players we need in going forward to be a finals contending team
Warnock fills a need, but certainly isn't required and we should only get him if the deal is too good to refuse (ie. 2nd round pick swap or 3rd rounder). We could get Vickery with our first rounder who can play forward as well and has every chance of being better than Warnock.

Prismall we DO NOT NEED!!! and would be furious if we traded for him. Good player I agree, but when will people stop wanting to chase fringe players at premiership sides, they look better than they are due to the quality surrounding them. Look at how Selwood just stepped into that side and looks like a million dollars. Opposition sides are trying to stop GAJ, Bartell, Corey & even Chapman. Ling is already taking the best midfielder on the other side, so that leaves the scraps to mind guys like Selwood and then Prismall is the last one they look at covering so he looks like a star. We need to use our draft picks to try and get the next GAJ or Bartel, not pick up the left overs from strong sides.

Prismall has done his knee against the Saints today. Sad but he'll be off the radar of other clubs now unless the Cats let him go for next to nix.

http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=67241

Ox

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 04:08:17 PM »

knows what winning premierships are like in yellow & black colors.

LMAOOoOo

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

Prismall you say.

Forget it. poor guy has done his ACL. How sad is that and what a tough game it is.

he would have been traded to another club and would have been a great player.

Dont know how old he is but id say it would be tough for him now.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.