Author Topic: Finals 2008  (Read 3303 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Finals 2008
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 06:34:49 AM »
Stuff Adelaide and Swans playing like dogs, and never giving us a chance.
Funny the two sides we have trouble with and against dud teams like Saints and Pies they're pathetic.

funny how you call the Pies duds when they drop thier class players & have not lost a game since they brought in new kids who play good football. They are playing finals & most likely be the team other clubs be most afraid of playing including Geelong who they belted without some players

Richmond were never going to make the finals this year, our skills & awareness are pathetic & still are
l prefer to finish outside the final 8 to save the club from a football flogging & from the media
We are going to get a media flogging for finishing 9th but we all used to that, l could write the stories for them word for word, it be like looking back at papers,  years gone by & just changing some names  ;D

richmondrules

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 08:00:17 AM »
Hard to make the finals with just 3.5 wins from the first 11 games. We came home in the second half of the year like a train but it was too late.

The insipid showing against Adelaide cost us too. Like the Saints game a win would swap our positions. We weren't anywhere near good enough and were far too inconsistent when it counted when you look at the ladder. We lost to all 5 teams above us that have taken a spot in the top 8 we were in range of had we won those 8-point games throughout the year.

North - beaten easily
Pies - shocker
Crows - 1.5 shockers
Saints - lost a game we should have won
Swans - shocker

Out record against the 7 sides below us will be 10-1 if we beat the Dees again.

Beat the teams below us. Lost to the teams above us. Tells me our ladder position is exactly as it should be this year.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Like most, I was initially disappointed when our finals chance was finally snuffed out but in retrospect I am thinking it is the best thing.  We could have snuck in and given the kids a taste of what it is all about but we would have been hard pressed to win a game and stood a fair chance of getting whacked.  To have the carrot dangled so close in front and then have it snatched away will point out to the whole team (especially the kids), just how hard it is to make the 8 and how important it is to play out every game like it is a final.  Those 2 fateful games (Dogs and Saints) early in the year may yet prove to be huge blessings in disguise and if the football department manage the situation in the right way then they can get significant mileage out of them over the summer.  I am not disappointed in any on field aspect of our performance this year, we have played exactly as I thought - won and lost games we weren't expected to - and have shown that we have as good a bunch of kids as any in the competition.  We are on track heading in the right direction and all this means is that the summer of 08/09 is going to be one of the longest ever waiting for next season to start!

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »
Over preseason as part of motivating the whole squad they should be reminded of their 'efforts' against the Blues, Swans and Crows. It's those sort of games where we went to pieces as well as the Saints one that need correcting in 2009 for us to make the finals. Each year a couple of sides fall out of the top 8 including one top 4 side and a couple outside take their place. We need to make sure we step up further on the back of our second half of 2008 and we're one of those who jump up.

Stuff Adelaide and Swans playing like dogs, and never giving us a chance.
Funny the two sides we have trouble with and against dud teams like Saints and Pies they're pathetic.

funny how you call the Pies duds when they drop thier class players & have not lost a game since they brought in new kids who play good football. They are playing finals & most likely be the team other clubs be most afraid of playing including Geelong who they belted without some players
The pussies didn't start getting serious until round 13. They were just coasting in the first half of year and won't be shaking in their boots about anyone. The Maggies might now even get to play them in the first place with the Hawks, Dogs or Roos in the way first. None of which the Pies have beaten. The only thing Collingwood will be celebrating this year is a pathetic 1 flag in the past 50 years  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »
Over preseason as part of motivating the whole squad they should be reminded of their 'efforts' against the Blues, The only thing Collingwood will be celebrating this year is a pathetic 1 flag in the past 50 years  ;D.

YEP DUDS .....

Nicks magpie page some may like to visit in Seetember and swap intellectuals with Joffa.

Heard on SEN after the Swans match the cretins and chief cretin were burning swans scarfs after the match.

It's not soccer dudes and we live in Oz not Europe, I can tell you I would not be able to restrain myself if I ever see them doing it to Richmond stuff.
Iv'e come accross that dik a few times and I don't sink to that level and ignored him, I tell you what it would be a different story in this case.

Absolute moron of the highest order