Author Topic: The Real Story Behind The Guy In The Paper  (Read 1755 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
The Real Story Behind The Guy In The Paper
« on: August 31, 2004, 09:00:45 PM »
Ok part of the reason why I refused to comment regarding the guy in the paper on Sunday is because something didnt add up. Knowing them personally and going to the footy with them (well one of them anyway) virtually every week for the past X years (since I was a youngster).

So for what its worth and for those who are interested in the real story, here it is (from the horse's mouth):

The guy in picture is one half of the duo (as we like to call them). The other guy is in the background. Anyway they make no bones about their dislike for Frawley and like myself have given a bit during the year (and yes we copped it a bit from Frawley's brother and old man if anyone is interested in that story).

Anyway to the story....they went down to the race to give him a send off and it went something along the lines of 'Frawley is this your 12th? 13th? wooden spoon...well take this one and get out of our club for good.' *And yes there was no swearing, he made no bones about that* Anyway, Frawley didnt say a thing..he stopped, looked and moved on...Anita then jumps in and mutters something back to the guy, when the man in the picture jumped up and said 'Mind your own business no one is talking to you'...apparently she wasn't happy and security came up then...which is when the pictured man jumped on the railing and did the finger point AT THE SECURITY GUARD, not at Frawley like implied.

And just a side note to that fat prick who left bc he couldnt get a game in the 80s bc he was half the player Roach was.......they didnt clap the players...so dont play it up. They actually clapped Campo and Richo, while Chaff, Blumfield copped a spray.

So its funny how the story gets twisted and turned and made these people to look like pricks. I know the media loves a story but this is ridiculous. I cant get on the propaganda site but Im sure they are ripping into these guys considering they are all angels and they are about supporting with a blindfold.......but I stand by these guys for being defamed the way they have and I know that not everyone will beleive their side of things, but I actually do bc I know them and what their thoughts are on our club, its players and its management.

So there you go........
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Bulluss

Re: The Real Story Behind The Guy In The Paper
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »
Always two sides to the story.

Good post OM21

Ox

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »
Im in pal.

stuff him and stuff her.

Two of a kind.

Nothing worse than fat,boosy boot biatches sticking there lionel rose in where it doesn't concern them,
always ends in trouble.

I believe the story and it proves that he's playing the sympathy card.

TF hes gone.

Offline getbacktoglorydays

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 10:25:05 PM »
Not even mentioned on the propaganda site Om21, they are busy argueing a whole lot of other stuff

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 12:21:39 AM »
Thanks for setting things straight om21. I still don't think much of your 2 mates though.
Maybe I'm the one who's got it @rse-about, but I go to support and cheer my team rather than to find a good vantage point to abuse them from.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 04:10:55 AM »
I still don't think much of your 2 mates though.
Maybe I'm the one who's got it @rse-about, but I go to support and cheer my team rather than to find a good vantage point to abuse them from.

Keep up the good ol' support and cheering fish...these two 'heroes' wouldn't have sprayed Danny Frawley without a quard to protect them and a railing for safety. Weak.

We ALL get painted as ferals and spitters when it's only a few '...........'

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 10:13:12 AM »
Nice assumption DirtyDog but 300% wrong...but thats a different issue, people like you tend to just assume things, as the media do.

I agree with you Fishy to an extent. Im of the beleif that people deserved to be supported, should be...and those that dont, should have to face the wrath. You cant have it one-way.....you cant expect people to support you when things are ok at worst, then when things go wrong, expect not to be told about it.

Put it this way, when we lose by 70+ points or struggle to kick 10 goals..I make sure that I let everyone know about it. But thats me.

Heads up for the fill-in getback...and like Bulluss pointed out, I just chucked this up so you can see the other side of the arguement, not to defend them.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

RonBranton

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 10:31:51 AM »
Om

Regardless of whether the gesture was towards the Security Guard, Frawley's wife or Frawley, it's not a good look and surely not defendable.

Life isn't about venting your frustrations in such a crude manner - it doesn't bring about the desired result. They should seriously be looking for some anger management and conflict resolution courses.

regards
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 10:34:57 AM by RonBranton »

Ox

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 11:42:31 AM »
If u pay-you have your say.

If you're a perrenial loser expect to cop it.

Anyone can say what they want,it's called free speach.

And as far as the rumors go that no-one would say it to his face-lmaooooo

If he was such a tugh guy hy couldn't he make his team tough?