Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 50973 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »
I heard today from a reliable source that we'll know either way by Jan 23 about Sportsbet. One of the existing two betting agencies that sponsor the AFL are fine with it but the other is unsure and holding it up. If it falls through then we'll have Reebok on the back of our guernseys. I don't know if Reebok will throw in any extra cash if it gets to that.

man that is late......dun understand why they need to take another 2 weeks to decide....
If it was our decision alone it would go through lol.

Betfair and TABcorp are the AFL's betting agency sponsors. I don't know which one is which but one of them is okay with Sportsbet sponsoring us while the other is having issues and holding things up. I'm guessing the date Jan 23 is the latest we can hold off waiting for a final decision to be made as we need to finalise our sponsors and send off for our 2009 playing gear to be manufactured.

I think it was said in a prior article that Betfair were fine with it, but TABcorp were a bit reluctant.
EAT EM ALIVE!

bushranger

« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
Then let everyone know if it is and then we all advoid them like the plague. If they want to make it hard we should stop our dealing's with them.Do think it would make them suffer but it is worth a try.  :banghead

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »

some nice liquid lunches will do the job, Andy D is on the job. :shh

And he does owe us one after the Polak debacle.  ::)
I won't hold my breath if we have to rely on Andy D and AA doing us a favour  :P.

I would like to think that the AFL have enough sense to realise that if clubs struggled to remain viable during reasonably sound economic times, things could get ugly operating in more repressed conditions. There are any number of levers the AFL could pull to appease Tabcorp..Steve Wright will be on the case with El Prez working through them all. :pray
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »
The club has updated the sponsors page on the RFC site

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Corporate/ClubPartners/tabid/7701/default.aspx

richmondrules

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »
I think it was said in a prior article that Betfair were fine with it, but TABcorp were a bit reluctant.

Then perhaps TABcorp might like to sponsor us to the tune of $800,000.00 a season. Seems only fair if they are willing to cost us that much.

If this does become an obstacle then the AFL need to look at the way they arrange their sponsorships. The AFL should be all about the clubs and supporters after all.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
from the RFC site.....

Despite the flood of support for Richmond, the club is still yet to snare a new major sponsor to replace Australian Financial Group, who did not renew their contract after the 2008 season.

"We are in the process of assessing the merits of potential back of jumper sponsors and looking at several options that have been presented to us," McKenzie said.

"We remain in a position where we still welcome sponsor enquiries be that for the back of jumper spot or other sponsorship opportunities."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsid=71203

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
from the RFC site.....

"We are in the process of assessing the merits of potential back of jumper sponsors and looking at several options that have been presented to us," McKenzie said.

"We remain in a position where we still welcome sponsor enquiries be that for the back of jumper spot or other sponsorship opportunities."

That's great political speak

One paragraph says were are assessing the next says we'll still take enquiries

I call that covering all bases  ;D :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Can't think of any club in any competition in any state ever saying no to a sponsorship enquiry.  What a fine way of saying nothing.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
from the RFC site.....

i read that as we've at least got something to consider however we're open to higher bidders :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
from the RFC site.....

Agree, im more than confident that we will have an announcement before too long. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
from the RFC site.....

Agree, im more than confident that we will have an announcement before too long. :thumbsup
D-day Jan 23 - Sportsbet if we get a yes from the AFL; Reebok if a no and no other sponsor enquires.

Fits in with what is coming out of the Club.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »
Gee where is that person who suggested a new sponsorship was a shoe in months ago, gone to??

Can someone tell me what the stuff is the hold up.

is it that fat stuff andy d again is it? No doubt the deal will fall through

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
Need to butter up and/or twist the arm of competitior and existing AFL sponsor Tabcorp who are resisting even though their sponsorship contract expires after this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »
Gee where is that person who suggested a new sponsorship was a shoe in months ago, gone to??

Can someone tell me what the eff is the hold up.

is it that fat eff andy d again is it? No doubt the deal will fall through

Hi, still here as before, as when I replied last time and still not fussed that we have had one deal fall through with AFG and now one that has been waiting for approval on the AFLs table for over 3 weeks now that has stalled any sort of movement forward.  We will get one.

But right now we need to wait until Jan 23 for Andy D and their betting partners to make a decision, which is ridiculous imo, but anyway we have to put up with it I guess.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2009, 03:14:02 AM »
Today's Herald-Sun alludes to our situation ....

Richmond and the Western Bulldogs are also still seeking major sponsors.

It is understood at least one of the clubs is waiting on an AFL ruling concerning online gaming companies as a sponsor after several expressed a keen interest in having AFL exposure.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24918716-19742,00.html