Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 51306 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
We also get a passing mention in the Editorial ....

--------------------------------
Taking a punt on the crisis
Herald Sun
FRI 16 JAN 2009, Page 034

THE football season is two months away, but some of the AFL's best-known clubs have become early indicators of the state of the economy.

Melbourne, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs are desperately searching for sponsors prepared to pay at least $1 million to put their logos on the team jumpers.

But financial conditions generally are gloomy with figures released yesterday showing that more than 500,000 Australians are out of a job. The Australian Bureau of Statistics reports a rise in the unemployment rate and the loss of 44,000 jobs. Economists expected job losses of half this and another sharp increase is expected later in the year as the effects of the global financial crisis flow through to Australia.

Treasurer Wayne Swan admits that a further government stimulus package could be required. But the problem for the Government is to tell people the truth about the state of the economy without driving down public confidence.

Last year, the Government reacted decisively by restoring confidence in the banks with a guarantee on depositor funds as well as pump-priming the economy.

Doubling the first home-buyer grant lifted new house purchases by 10 per cent when it was introduced late in October and the Government should consider extending this assistance beyond June 30 to help the struggling building industry.

The reality is that this year will be difficult for everyone with the Australian dollar weaker against major currencies.

But as the United States looks forward to combating job losses with a cash package promised by President-elect Obama, there is some reason for confidence.

The financial crisis will end although it could be next year before anyone can say it's over.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »
But right now we need to wait until Jan 23 for Andy D and their betting partners to make a decision, which is ridiculous imo, but anyway we have to put up with it I guess.
I'm guessing it's Jan 23 as I think the AFL honchos are still on their holidays(?).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
But right now we need to wait until Jan 23 for Andy D and their betting partners to make a decision, which is ridiculous imo, but anyway we have to put up with it I guess.
I'm guessing it's Jan 23 as I think the AFL honchos are still on their holidays(?).

How long do they need?!  :o
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

Monthly Commission meeting I would think.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »
bulldogs nabbed theirs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dogs land $1.5m sponsorship deal (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »
Dogs land $1.5m sponsorship deal
Mark Stevens | January 17, 2009

EXCLUSIVE: THE Western Bulldogs will today announce international company Mission Foods as their major sponsor.

Although the Dogs remained tight-lipped last night, it is understood Mission has signed on for three years, with the possibility of an extension to five.

The deal with the world's largest supplier of tortilla products is worth $1.5 million a year.

Bulldogs chief executive Campbell Rose refused to buy into speculation, saying only that negotiations were ongoing.

The Herald Sun has learned that the Dogs have beaten two other clubs for Mission Foods' signature.

The news is a major body blow to Melbourne, which has also been courting Mission for several weeks.

The Demons, still without a replacement for Primus Telecom, recently delivered a major presentation to Mission at the MCG, hoping to woo the company.

It is understood Essendon was also keen to forge a partnership with Mission.

Melbourne and Richmond are now the only clubs still in the hunt for a major backer.

Full article at:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24922613-19742,00.html

Ramps

« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »
Richmond could start looking incompetent if we dont get a co sponsor- and soon.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »
I hope we havent backed the wrong pony again ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
Campbell Rose said on SEN that there's still sponsors out there if you have the right networks. Let's hope we have a Plan C if Andy D and co. knock us back again  :-\.

Jordie would've been the face of Mission Mexican foods if he was still at the doggies lol. Now it'll be Giansiracura whose nickname is Guido.

Monthly Commission meeting I would think.
Ta WP. Deja vu. The AFL commission discussing and deciding on Richmond and GC17 issues again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
Campbell Rose said on SEN that there's still sponsors out there if you have the right networks. Let's hope we have a Plan C if Andy D and co. knock us back again  :-\.

Are we up to plan C?  ;D

Whatever plan it is I am sure there is a back up  :thumbsup

Richmond could start looking incompetent if we dont get a co sponsor- and soon.

disagree Ramps. Why incompetent? There's an argument that we've managed to attract 2 sponsors in the last 5 months. The first one pulled out because of the economic crisis (AIG) -that clearly was not the fault of the RFC.

Now we have a situation where reports are saying that a company wants to sponsor us but we have to wait on the AFL who their wisdom (and I use that term losely) can veto it.... by using their "protected sponsors" card that they play when they feel like it..... My view is simply that if they continue to allow Ford & Mazda to be major sponsors of other clubs then they cannot play this card .... remembering that the Leagues biggest protected sponsors has to be Toyota.... but then again with the AFL it is different rules for different fools  :banghead

I still believe we are in much stronger position than Melbourne and really do believe that we will get a co major before Melbourne ..... :thumbsup

As they say in New York "You've just gotta believe!"

:gotigers

Moi

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
One of the boys at work had a meeting at the club yesterday, and I asked him to get the goss if we had a sponsor yet.  He had nothing to report when he got back :-(

We will just have to get off to a good start for the year with our game against the Blues.  With the huge crowd and more than likely a sellout, they'll be banging down our doors to sponsor us.

Well, I hope so  :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2009, 05:39:36 AM »
Melbourne and Richmond are still without major sponsors for this season after Primus Telecom ended its five-year association with the Demons and the Tigers lost Australian Finance Group.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dogs-wrap-up-threeyear-deal/2009/01/17/1231609054741.html
::)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2009, 01:36:22 PM »
I think the current situation Richmond find themselves in is a combination of:-

i. Back luck,  :praythe AFG sponsorship falling through was bad timing which kind of couldn't be helped
ii. Inexperience,  :helpwe have a new GM of Operations who only started at the club in September, this person has had to deal with circumstances that are pretty tough compared to the previous management
iii. Exaggeration of the current situation  ::)- we clearly have mapped out a solution here, it is a case of maximising our income. We would achieve this with the betting agency coming on board. If not we have Reebok as a back up.
iv. A touch of either incompetence or under performance (depending on how harsh you want to be). With the Bulldogs securing a major sponsor, we find ourselves a club that looks a touch desperate :-[ - having lost a few sponsors now Laguna, AIG and Matrix Men, there must be a Q mark on this department at the club.

Anyway, that is my opinion and I had a bit of a  :lol at D161's post on Andy D!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »
From the HUN

"...Meanwhile, Richmond is desperate for AFL officials to give the all clear on its proposed $2.4 million sponsorship deal with corporate bookmaker Sportsbet.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24925413-19775,00.html

Ramps

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
I believe we are being short changed at $800,000 per year if thats the rate that our co sponsorship is selling for, its about $400,000 under what it should be.