Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 50985 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New major sponsor news
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »
Firstly AIG have been bailed out by the Fed

Yep to the tune of US$85 billion  :o

Secondly, the sponsorship would be with AIG Life, the Australian arm which isn't affected by all this

Dont know about that Imfamy, wouldn't it depend on how the Aust arm is structured as in ownership ???

Legally the Australian arm is a separate identity apparently to satisfy Australian law.

The Fed had to save AIG as the biggest insurer whereas they could let investment bank Lehmann Brothers die to save others. If AIG fell over imagine the financial chaos  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »
Just got a txt from bg25 at Crown. No sponsor news or annoucements at the B&F.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2008, 02:13:47 AM »
I bought a SONY 32inch LCD for the bedroom today at DICK SMITH  ;)
Mate,, You have no idea.
You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. Get a clue !!!!
Sit on your hands for a bit. It's coming !!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:42 AM »
I bought a SONY 32inch LCD for the bedroom today at DICK SMITH  ;)
Mate,, You have no idea.
You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. Get a clue !!!!
Sit on your hands for a bit. It's coming !!
You know who it is HMH?

There's a rumour on the radio overnight that AIG has dropped out as Man Utd sponsor. The sponsorship was worth 14 million pounds (A$ 30m) worth.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »
A bit of a waste of a post but anyway Caro had nothing on our major sponsor tonight on 3aw when asked about the four clubs including us without a new major sponsor. She still thinks it's a major worry.

Hopefully we are at least close. Even when we got DSE on board last year it was after we had sent out memberships renewals and new reebok orders IIRC.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »
A bit of a waste of a post but anyway Caro had nothing on our major sponsor tonight on 3aw when asked about the four clubs including us without a new major sponsor. She still thinks it's a major worry.

Poor old Caro - she seems out of the loop

More of a worry for her would be the fact that no-one seems to be telling her anything  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Economic downturn had hit clubs: Demetriou (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 04:56:07 AM »
Fans won't pay price
Jon Ralph | September 26, 2008

THE AFL has pledged to keep football affordable for supporters, after admitting the global financial crisis would bite the game hard.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said yesterday the economic downturn had hit clubs and affected sponsorship, corporate hospitality, and membership.

The Western Bulldogs, Richmond and Melbourne are seeking major sponsors, with the AFL's record membership level also under threat.

Demetriou said with the AFL debt-free and tens of millions of dollars saved in its future fund, it would go ahead with its expansion plans and was "prepared to take the pain".

But with up to five clubs about to declare losses this year, he conceded teams faced fresh challenges.

"Everyone is hit and when you consider who eventually pays, you look at corporates, they will be hit because they provide sponsorship.

"Things like the sale of (corporate) boxes, and even things like presidents' dinners," Demetriou said.

"When you talk about disposable impact, there is no doubt we have seen an effect on some of the finals games.

"Games we would probably have got 80,000 at, we have got 70,000 and I think it does hurt.

"What we have got to do next year is make sure we keep football affordable for our supporters. That's the most important thing."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24403888-19742,00.html

Ramps

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
So when is the major sponsor news going to get announced. It now seems to be taking alot more time than what we all hoped.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »
So when is the major sponsor news going to get announced. It now seems to be taking alot more time than what we all hoped.
You would hope it's announced by the week after trade week at the latest. No other footy news to take away from the announcement in the media so good publicity for whoever the sponsor(s) is (Sony and Nissan rumouredly) yet before 2009 membership renewals are printed and sent out. Last year we were late with DSE becoming a major sponsor to replace Motorola.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
You would hope it's announced by the week after trade week at the latest. No other footy news to take away from the announcement in the media so good publicity for whoever the sponsor(s) is (Sony and Nissan rumouredly) yet before 2009 membership renewals are printed and sent out. Last year we were late with DSE becoming a major sponsor to replace Motorola.

sounds about right....hopefully the club has the sponsors sorted (sony and nissan sounds good to me) and is just waiting for a better time.  I agree...why announce it and organise a press conference when everyone's attention is on the finals/trade week/draft camp etc...
certainly it ought to be done before the membership renewals and the national draft (the new draftees have gotta put the jumpers on and parade for the camera after all)

can't wait

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »

sounds about right....hopefully the club has the sponsors sorted (sony and nissan sounds good to me) and is just waiting for a better time.  I agree...why announce it and organise a press conference when everyone's attention is on the finals/trade week/draft camp etc...
certainly it ought to be done before the membership renewals and the national draft (the new draftees have gotta put the jumpers on and parade for the camera after all)

can't wait
Exactly. Let's just hope it's done early enough so we don't have square stickers stuck over round badges and dodgy photoshop images lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New major sponsor is close to signing and worth more moola
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 03:29:08 AM »
According to today's Age...

The Tigers, at least, are believed to be close to signing a new deal worth more than they earned this year.

:thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: New major sponsor is close to signing and worth more moola
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2008, 09:20:37 AM »

The Tigers, at least, are believed to be close to signing a new deal worth more than they earned this year.

See, there was no need to be worried about the situation.

We're just getting the best possible deal.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: New major sponsor is close to signing and worth more moola
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »

See, there was no need to be worried about the situation.

We're just getting the best possible deal.  :thumbsup

Once it signed sealed and delivered I wont worry.... until then.....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »
who is the new sponsor ???

what happened to dicksmith and AFG ???