Author Topic: With this win do you think it will entice more members?  (Read 683 times)

bushranger

With this win do you think it will entice more members?
« on: August 23, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »
I was wondering if this win will make people decide to sign on to the Tigers in 09. As we are heading in the right direction unlike before. I hope it does and we have one of the strongest following next year and the year to follow. :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: With this win do you think it will entice more members?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
It should keep our membership going upwards and get us over 40k combined ticketed and non-ticketed but only finals will give it a big boost and get everyone jumping on the bandwagon IMO. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:32:52 AM »
No point boosting membership due to a marked improvement on field only to have a wretched year in the following one. Same occurred in 2006 after finishing 9th and we had a poor year in 2007. Furthermore after making finals in 95 and 2001 we failed to capitalise on that and have failed to make finals in subsequent seasons. Need to make finals in 09 if it is not this year and make them again and again in 10 11 etc to entice the fans as many have had enough of failure and mediocrity on and off the field in the last 25 seasons and don't bother to sign back up. Although one thing I have seen this season is alot of supporters are wearing their Gold Membership scarves to games for more than 10 years loyalty as members  as I have been doing and have not been wearing their standard Tiger scarves so perhaps the validity of my last comment is a myth.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:39:52 AM »
I think it is a testament to the Tiger faithfull HT, can tell u man for a club that has been, let's face it SHI t for so long we maintain a pretty loyal supporter base.

All clubs when they get success have bandwagoners, but wait until we start making finals we will make their bandwagon supporters diminish into insignificance.

It is going to be an allmighty sight and experience when on a sunny September afternoon the Tigers are playing at the G.

It will be all worth it in the end.  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »
At least this year we had a strong second half of the season rather than in previous years where we won games early to build up false hope before falling away. Although we still have a long way to go and the side is young, this year had some similarities to 1994.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd