Author Topic: Umpiring today  (Read 1763 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Umpiring today
« on: August 23, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »
I was nervous before the game with dreaded #17 Schmitt being one of the umps but Ellis topped him today for one-sided decisions  :help  :scream.

Nice of them too to bring back the hands in the back rule for us today after ignoring it all season  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Umpiring today
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
A lot of the decisions were certainly questionable :banghead

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:54:56 PM »
Bloody joke! Particularly in the first half the umpiring was deplorable. I was expecting to see something written about the umpiring in the match summaries but nothing. I didn't listen to the commentors during the game - was anything said?

Stripes

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:14:33 PM »
gieshen has had it in for us as soon as he took on the umps job. it is damn disgusting how week in week out we get crucified, it is time the club stood up, copped a fine and said enough is enough

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
One of the worst umpiring displays I've seen all season!! :banghead They basically let Richo get molested every time the ball went near him!!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »
One of the worst umpiring displays I've seen all season!! :banghead They basically let Richo get molested every time the ball went near him!!
Reckon Mcpharlin had his way with him several times in contests. :banghead
Richo will have a sore butt tonight.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 01:17:33 AM »
Todays umpiring was deplorable. IIt evened up slightly in the 2nd half for us. Yes Richo was crucified many times today and yes Thursty was penalised in the last quarter with the hands in the back rule something that has not been called for all season. Yet despite this I don't feel Giesche has it in for us. Overall I feel have had more free kicks than the opposition in most games this season. Last week we had a fairly good week from the umps.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »

Overall I feel have had more free kicks than the opposition in most games this season. Last week we had a fairly good week from the umps.

We have had more frees in 7 games, equal in 1 game and less frees in 13 games.  Of the 7 games our record is 4 wins, 3 losses and of the 13 games our record is 6 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses.  Given the 'generalised' view that you should get more frees in a winning team because theoretically you are first in, the most glaring discrepancies have been the Melb game 8 - 18 and yesterday's 17 - 24.  We haven't had a significant 'benefit' in any game we have lost, the best being 23 - 18 against St Kilda (and we all know the reality of who played better in that game).

So interestingly, I think we have copped a raw deal over the course of the season.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
Shocking Umpiring

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
it's not the amount of frees, its where they are given and what they are given for that infuriates me :banghead

Ox

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 11:44:30 AM »
glad it's not just me.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
Yesterday's umpiring was nearly as bad as the commentators on MMM and CH10.

Scmidt, I don't care how you spell this anti-can's name, is a disgrace.

Pretty parents would be abusing this guy at junior footy for the type of decisions he makes.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
We'll at least they're consistent ..... consistently terrible two weeks in a row.

The Richo mark that first wasn't paid and then he got crunched high taking the mark and received no free kick plus the deliberate out of bounds against McGuane were absolute doozies  :help  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »
20 - 19 in our favour in a game we won by 80 points.  Given that most frees are/should be paid to the player in front going for the ball, you can only assume that Melbourne were desperately unlucky to lose.  And the technicolor clowns wonder why they have so little respect.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 08:54:45 AM »
Umpiring l have to say was shocking again for both clubs