Author Topic: Swans are Safe! Saints our only chance...  (Read 640 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Swans are Safe! Saints our only chance...
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:51:48 PM »
Well I got a little excited tonight with the Swans and Lions losing..but I've just realised that becasue the Swans percentage is much higher than ours, we can't top them. So we need for the Saints to lose both games and we need to beat Melbourne...Can't see the saints losing to the bombers especially if McVeigh gets called up for that head butt last night.

Go the Crows....Go the Bombers!!!  :pray :pray I'm an optimist but I think our season is over!  :banghead :'( yet another 9th to add to our tally!

BTW does anyone know how much we would need to beat the Demons by to jump ahead of the Swans?? probably need to beat them by about 500 points I suppose

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
Re: Swans are Safe! Saints our only chance...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »
bloody swans! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »
We would need to win by 400 or so tiga.

If the Swans lost by 10 goals that would come down to more like 330.

The unfortunate thing is if the draw was fair we would actually have a very good chance. We played the top 3 5 times, including the cats twice. Saints played them 4 times, the cats just the once. Overall we did OK, beating Hawthorn, pushing them the other time, clutching a draw from the jaws of victory against the dogs but were miserable against the cats. The saints picked up a win over Hawthorn but were pretty uncompetitive otherwise. If the saints were playing Geelong in the final round we would be even money to make it.

Oh, and Essendon's season is over - they can't move up or down the ladder. The only small consolation is they won't be wanting to lose like certain other clubs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »
All irrelevant now. It's over. As Jake said no way we can make up 311 for/against points on Sydney. As Mick Molloy said it's our best ninth ever  :P.

I guess the only positive is there are 7 teams in the top 8 only making the numbers up anyway with Geelong so far ahead of anyone else and we should still get a top kid with pick 8 if Cameron and Jackson do their job properly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »
You're right MT, playing finals would be a bonus for sure but let's just wait another year until we start.

Hopefully in 3-4 years time Geelong will be long in the tooth and the race will be wide open again.

Cats / Storm double March 08 14/1 CUB gets on. Wasn't the only clever polly, bookies are in big trouble if this gets up.

August 08 - Lucky to get 3's  :thumbsup