Author Topic: Changes for R22 - Richmond vs Melbourne  (Read 2196 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Changes for R22 - Richmond vs Melbourne
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:18:15 AM »
Out:
McMahon (OMIT)
Cartlege (OMIT)

Edwards (Back to Coburg, only because he needs one more game to qualify for VFL finals I believe)

In:
Meyer (For McMahon)
Pattison (For Cartlege)
Polo (For Edwards)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for R22 - Richmond vs Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:37:14 AM »
I'm happy for the reason to drop Edwards, he was good today, but if he can help Coburg play finals then that would be great experience for him.
Bringing Meyer in for him would be a good swap, similar types.

Cartledge needs to stay in to help evaluate if we're going to keep him

If McMahon had had two bad games in a row then I'd drop him, but he was bloody good last week.

Polo was rubbish for Coburg today, if he gets a call up based on that then he's got photos of the coach with a goat

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:56:19 AM »
I'm happy for the reason to drop Edwards, he was good today, but if he can help Coburg play finals then that would be great experience for him.
Bringing Meyer in for him would be a good swap, similar types.

Cartledge needs to stay in to help evaluate if we're going to keep him

If McMahon had had two bad games in a row then I'd drop him, but he was bloody good last week.

Polo was rubbish for Coburg today, if he gets a call up based on that then he's got photos of the coach with a goat

Yeah Cartledge is a strange one but given he's shown nothing in the past two and as a senior player on our list 1 good game and 2 poor ones aint gonna cut it on our list.  It's all about taking opportunities and as far as I've seen all he is just a good VFL ruckman and going by what I;ve heard (Damn ABC Tas showed the soon-to-be defunct Tassie Devils game instead. :banghead ) Patto was good today at Coburg and we should reward him   

Yeah probably a bit harsh on McMahon but that was his worst game for the year and he was extremely costly and I'd like to see Meyer get a go at his spot to get an idea where he is at and maybe give McMahon a reality check for over the summer about things he has to work on.  Still harsh but it more on the personal wish to see Meyer show us anything at AFL level and his VFL form surely warrants a game.

ROFL, different from what I've heard about Polos game today so maybe just Out: Cartledge and Edwards for In: Meyer and Patto, would be more apt?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
What you've "heard" from Polo's game? Try watching it, he made some monumental stuff ups.

Out: Edwards, Riewoldt
In: Meyer, Rance

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 01:08:11 AM »
What you've "heard" from Polo's game? Try watching it, he made some monumental stuff ups.

Out: Edwards, Riewoldt
In: Meyer, Rance

Why bother replying to my post if you dont read it all?  ???  If you read it again there is a reason set out why I couldnt tape it to watch it.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 01:41:58 AM »
I thought Edwards game today was not all that great. At times he tried being way too fancy trying to thread a handball through traffic or trying to dodge and weave too much rather than trying to do the first option or keeping things simple. He has natural flair so he does not need to be fancy. Sure he got abit of the ball but he was caught in possession a few times and that one running in to goal in the last quarter dragged down from behind with the game in the balance and White on his own in the square was awful.He also kept a ball in play for a Freo player when it was going through for a point which resulted in Kepler Bradley's gaol in the last quarter. Overall I thought he was poor.

McMahon should also be dropped but we all know he won't so we'll stop the debate here and now. What I would like to see next week is Rance in the side. I think it would be great reward for him and a taste at the top level would keep the juices flowing and the hunger and motivation there for next season. I don't know who the Burgers opponent is next week and whether that would affect Coburg's make up but if finals is out of the question (If Saints win tomorrow) then perhaps a game against the Dees next week would be a nice reward for Rancey. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »
.......... so we'll stop the debate here and now.
Good luck with that!  :D

What I would like to see next week is Rance in the side. I think it would be great reward for him and a taste at the top level would keep the juices flowing and the hunger and motivation there for next season. I don't know who the Burgers opponent is next week and whether that would affect Coburg's make up but if finals is out of the question (If Saints win tomorrow) then perhaps a game against the Dees next week would be a nice reward for Rancey. :thumbsup

Not as a reward but as a taste for next year.  I reckon Rance is a big chance to get a spot next week.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:47 AM »
I'm all for players earning a spot in the Richmond side. I think Rance has done that with consistently good performances in past weeks. I hope he gets a game against Melbourne.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »
Surely if Rance keeps progressing at this rate he may well pass Schulz by right before our eyes.
Which would put his posiition on the list into question.

Thursfield / Gaspar = Rance / Schulz

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »
Now we cant make finals, its a great chance to give Rance a taste of AFL.

Also a good chance to play Tiv if he is going to retire.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
What about a farewell game for Tivs? :)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 07:38:45 PM »
Depends what the match commitee deem more important
Farewell games for veterans, or getting Tiva the VFL B&F and contending for a Top 4 spot

With the recent results putting us out of the finals contention, I'd be bringing in Rance, Hughes & Collins for a taste of AFL. Drop Riewoldt, Edwards & Foley.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
No Change

*if there are players in the team from the Fremantle, that can quaily for Coburg Finals. drop them.

*Like to see Rance, Polo, Meyer, Pattison, Hughes play, but why the last match.

*Finish the 2008 Season with a good 10 Goal win.

*Our list looks promising, though i still believe we need key tall torwards.

*Reading Gourdis's 7 for Coburg Reserves is pleasing.

* We must Draft 17/18 year olds. NO RECYCLED PLAYERS !

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 08:34:46 PM »
The season is over the Richmond.

The only changes should be to support Coburg's finals campaign.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
since our seasons over, we mise well bring in the youngens
collard kicked 6 for coburg, we should give him a shot and thats the same with rance
i mean we got nothing to lose ;)