Author Topic: PSD targets?  (Read 3535 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
PSD targets?
« on: September 01, 2004, 03:18:18 PM »
Who do you reckon we'll chase after? Any goss?

TigersRoar mentioned McDougall of the Eagles. Any others?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 03:29:20 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: PSD targets?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 03:23:34 PM »
Does anyone know if Michael Braun is out of contract, he would be a handy pick up.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 08:44:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Michael Braun is out of contract, he would be a handy pick up.

Not exactly sure but I think he is from reading an Eagles board. More a 2nd tier midfielder at the eagles given they have the likes of Cousins, Judd, Fletcher and Kerr so he doesn't have to deal with taggers. They were saying he's been in very good form in the second half of the year and one of the reasons they've made the finals. They also said his foot skills let his down. I'm not sure of his age either (don't have my AFL summary with me at home). He must getting on as he's been playing AFL for what feels a long while now.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 03:16:58 AM »
Others Richmond should consider

J Rivers (Mel)
Jamar, Jolly, (Mel)
Notting (Brisbane)
A Geelong defender unlucky to get a game (forgotten his name)

All are relatively young, KPP and backmen.  This is what we should be targeting.  (And did I mention affordable)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 03:19:28 AM by LondonTiger »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 04:39:52 AM »
A Geelong defender unlucky to get a game (forgotten his name)

Do you mean Rahiley (sp?) LT? Think he's been around a while now and just a fringe player IMHO. Same goes for Notting.

Rivers would cost us too much now. Especially if he wins the Rising Star award. I can't see him leaving the Dees in any case cheaply if at all. They need him at CHB.

I haven't see enough of Jamar to judge. Jolly is second to Jeff White so normally gets a senior game ahead of Jamar.

I wouldn't mind us head-hunting Guy Richards of the Pies in terms of a ruckman. That would really tick off Malthouse.

Also although I'm not sure how tall he is (left my footy info at work  ;D) - Damon White of Port.

Speaking of Port, Josh Carr has been rumoured to want to head home to WA for months now. If Mark Williams plays hardball again (a la Nick Stevens) then it'll be interesting to see what would happen next.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 12:12:43 AM »
LMAOOO@ PSD Targets meaning Palestinian Social Democratic Targets

I heard that that kid Jim Boogie is back in the mix again.

After a great season with the Cyprian Chargers he's ready to turn his energies toward the AFL.

Good luck re'.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 04:36:08 AM »
With Stenglein and perhaps Josh Carr wanting to move West, I wonder if we'll have our noses sniffing around for any east-bound trades put up for them?

Jackstar

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 05:34:43 AM »
Jamar !
And has Wirrapanda signed up with West Coast ??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 08:31:21 AM »
Jamar !
And has Wirrapanda signed up with West Coast ??

There's that name again Jamar ;)

Wirrapuda signed a new deal with the Eagles at the end of last season - 2 years I think it was. Wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles offer him up for trade though
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:01:05 AM »
RE: Jim Boogy...Ill always remember the thread on PRE last year started by Rampaging Tiger...It went something like "Tigers hide Aboriginal Star"... it was an absolute classic thread...all the greek boyz were peeing themselves laughing...anway...anyone know whatever happened to Ramps  ;) ...He got banned after he posted hes prognosis for season 2004...if i remember correctly it went something like...

Richmond will finish stone motherless last in season 2004 and that Richmond will get the priority picks for getting the spoon...They were so incensed down at Punt Road they asked young Ramps to explain his position to them personally....Now im sure hes looking back at them all on PRE and at the management down at Punt Road Oval and simply saying..."I told you so"...

fortunately for us...I believe Ramps believes...that we are on the road to recovery...but sadly we will have to endure another 12 months of extreme pain...unfortunately we are headed for another bottom 4 finish. Ramps does expect us to win a flag however inside 5 years- but only if we useour picks properly this year and next :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 06:17:32 PM »
Jamar wasn't too bad in the ruck duels today when he took over while White was resting but he wasn't used anywhere else. When White came back on Jamar sat down. Does he have any more strings to his bow other than as a tap ruckman?

Ox

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 07:08:45 PM »
RE: Jim Boogy...Ill always remember the thread on PRE last year started by Rampaging Tiger...It went something like "Tigers hide Aboriginal Star"... it was an absolute classic thread...all the greek boyz were peeing themselves laughing...anway...anyone know whatever happened to Ramps  ;) ...He got banned after he posted hes prognosis for season 2004...if i remember correctly it went something like...

Richmond will finish stone motherless last in season 2004 and that Richmond will get the priority picks for getting the spoon...They were so incensed down at Punt Road they asked young Ramps to explain his position to them personally....Now im sure hes looking back at them all on PRE and at the management down at Punt Road Oval and simply saying..."I told you so"...

fortunately for us...I believe Ramps believes...that we are on the road to recovery...but sadly we will have to endure another 12 months of extreme pain...unfortunately we are headed for another bottom 4 finish. Ramps does expect us to win a flag however inside 5 years- but only if we useour picks properly this year and next :cheers

cheers Rmaps. :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 09:06:53 PM »
Any interest in Salopek for Port Adelaide who I think is out of contract.

Port can let him slip through to the PSD after he states his intention that he wants to come to the Tigers - we offer Ray Hall or Mark Chaffey and the Power say "don't insult us" and the kid winds up in the PSD and we nab him with pick 1 - it is called the Nick Stevens move :lol :rollin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 09:36:49 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 09:38:08 PM »
Sounds good to me WP

What about someone like Cupido or Robertson, doesnt have to be either of these 2 but we need this kind of player. Medium size forward to kick 30-40 goals for the year and can take a good mark.

Maybe Pat Bowden could also fill this void.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2004, 12:07:29 AM »
Problem with medium-sized forwards IMHO like Cupido (apart from him being injury-prone) and Robertson is that they are inconsistent and can only play in one position. They might win a game off their own boot but then go missing for the next 6 weeks. I'd rather see a resting midfielder there as they are more versatile and can add options to the midfield rotation. We wasted draft picks in the past trying to find this type of player and our "gameplan" under Frawley of always going to Richo meant these types were never seen in a game. IMO what we need is midfielders who can run and push forward and kick their 30 goals a year. To kick a big scores a team needs goals every week from its midfield not just from its forwards.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 12:19:57 AM by mightytiges »