Author Topic: Who Will Not Be At Richmond After 2008 ???  (Read 6310 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Who Will Not Be At Richmond After 2008 ???
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Cant see them staying

Hyde
Tivendale
Pettifer
Howat
Sylvestor
Cartledge

Under the Pump

Oakley Nicholls: Sadly I cant see him making it with us.
King: I think his maximum value is now, trade in a player player swap scenario is very possible imho.
Graham: Talls take time, but I think Angus could be under the pump. If we werent so short on ruckman hed be in real trouble.

Bigger name trade rumours that may appear during the next month

Newman: Carlton & Essendon still trawling I hear and have been doing so for a fair while.
Schulz: I didnt think he had a bad season, but he was put up 12 months ago ... so may again.
Pattison: I hear Hawthorn is showing interest. I believe they may have in the past. who knows?
IMO they won't get rid of Graham. He missed a chunk of the preseason due to that broken foot/ankle late last year which the club believes has affected his agility compared to last year and he needs a full preseason.

Apart from the rookies I can't see them trading away talls except for Schulz as he was almost gone last year. Even then with Polak going down the club may now hold onto Sarge.

Newy may become captain next year.

Agree with the rest Ramps.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »
Because he's been injurred for his first two preseasons
He was looking really good earlier this year at intra-club training, they always knew he was going to take a while to develop because he was so skinny and injuries have held him back even further.
They won't just give up on him because he hasn't come on already, he was still a teenager at the start of the year for Geez sake.
I personally don't see JON making it and never have but I know Wallace said to us at training last year to wait until JON has 4 years under his belt so yep he's more likely staying at Punt Rd.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
I personally don't see JON making it and never have
I admit that he's given good reason for the doubters to call for his head, but there have been a few things I've seen which make me see why they will persist with him.
Firstly his intraclub match earlier this year at Gosch's Paddock, he was impossible to catch, weaving in and out of traffic and got a ton of the ball, good mark overhead too. Shame he hasn't carried that form through the year, but it's been his first real pre-season so if he's showing that form after one early in the year, hopefully another will see him bring that up to a higher level.

Secondly a few of his beautiful passes into the forward line. When he was playing for Richmond I think againt Melbourne he showed great vision to pick out Jack Riewoldt inside 50m from the other side of the ground and kicked an absolute bullet pass to hit him on the lead. A similar effort to pick out Cleve Hughes with a perfectly weighted pass in the final on Sunday.

People critisize his disposal but it's often that he's trying to do too much. I think once he's more settled at a higher level he'll start pulling off these things more frequently. He's 6'3", super fast, very strong mark and a fierce competitor, so the tools are all there, he just needs some confidence and experience and I can see him adapting to AFL level in time.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
Before trades, we have Petts, Hyde and Tivs to delist from our Senior list and then use our first 3 national draft picks and passing in the PSD.

It then makes 2009 an extremely big year for the following players to show they have a future in AFL or be delisted: Casserly, Collins (Harsh on a young kid but he was a very late pick and that's how they're treated), Jackson, JoN, Meyer and Graham.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 05:16:33 AM »
I personally don't see JON making it and never have
I admit that he's given good reason for the doubters to call for his head, but there have been a few things I've seen which make me see why they will persist with him.
Firstly his intraclub match earlier this year at Gosch's Paddock, he was impossible to catch, weaving in and out of traffic and got a ton of the ball, good mark overhead too. Shame he hasn't carried that form through the year, but it's been his first real pre-season so if he's showing that form after one early in the year, hopefully another will see him bring that up to a higher level.

Secondly a few of his beautiful passes into the forward line. When he was playing for Richmond I think againt Melbourne he showed great vision to pick out Jack Riewoldt inside 50m from the other side of the ground and kicked an absolute bullet pass to hit him on the lead. A similar effort to pick out Cleve Hughes with a perfectly weighted pass in the final on Sunday.

People critisize his disposal but it's often that he's trying to do too much. I think once he's more settled at a higher level he'll start pulling off these things more frequently. He's 6'3", super fast, very strong mark and a fierce competitor, so the tools are all there, he just needs some confidence and experience and I can see him adapting to AFL level in time.
I agree JON's got good hands and if given plenty of time, space and think music he can look all those things at times. But why I don't believe he will make it is because he won't be given that time and space regularly at AFL level especially when the pressure is turned up. He's a good athlete but not a natural footballer in terms of skills and decision making and his kicking action is suspect. He's also built more for the wide expanses of Subiaco which is probably why he attracted AFL recruiters' interest coming from WA. Not his fault he was considered a first round pick by many people before the 2005 draft but you don't draft skinny 188cm long-term project type players at pick 8. Modern footballers need speed and size to stand up in big games and finals.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »
The big question marks for me are JON, Casserly (both taken in the same draft with Hughes coincidently), Gus, Meyer, Collins and Cogs. All of these players have huge doubts hovering over them in terms of sustained fitness and/or ability to play at the AFL level.

Cogs will be the hardest decision given how good he once was but unless he can get his pace back he may have missed the boat. Similiarly Meyer can be a quality player but he is yet to remain injury-free long enough to compete for a place in the line up. Casserly is in a similiar boat but has shown even less.

JON is just an ordinary player chosen rediculously high for his ability. It is not his fault but is the reason we are son disappointed and judge him so harshly. If he was going to be a player he would have shown something by now.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 05:58:05 PM »
The big question marks for me are JON, Casserly (both taken in the same draft with Hughes coincidently), Gus, Meyer, Collins and Cogs. All of these players have huge doubts hovering over them in terms of sustained fitness and/or ability to play at the AFL level.

Cogs will be the hardest decision given how good he once was but unless he can get his pace back he may have missed the boat. Similiarly Meyer can be a quality player but he is yet to remain injury-free long enough to compete for a place in the line up. Casserly is in a similiar boat but has shown even less.

JON is just an ordinary player chosen rediculously high for his ability. It is not his fault but is the reason we are son disappointed and judge him so harshly. If he was going to be a player he would have shown something by now.

Stripes

100% correct.

dont know much about casserley and im willing to give cogs a go.

JON is for the dingley tip. he might as well start learning the Freo, Heavo song.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
Ridiculum.

I love the smell of Latin in the morning, it smells like victory.

:cheers

ahhh...

Christos est in Atrium :rollin

Ox est in Culina.

Ahh the days of Caecilius and the gang.

Farken ROLMFAFO @ Caecilius,Grumio and the gang and their charmed existence.

What was the wifes name ?

LMAOOO@ U knowing the clan.........

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 07:39:54 PM »
Mark Robinson had his "Who should your club delist?" blog live chat today from 1.45 - 3.45 pm .....

[Comment From Steve]
From Richmond: Do you think its about time Richmond finally gave up on no. 8 pick Jarred Oakly Nicolls. He has been in the system for 3-4 years now and has only played a handful of games. Time to de-list? 

I would reckon JON is in trouble... Garry Lyon wrote a column earlier this year about list cloggers. JON, in my opinion, is one of those. Hyde, Pettifer, Meyer, will also be in the gun

[Comment From Tigers of Old]
Richmond - Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Angus Graham, Graham Polak 

Polak is the interesting one.. the tigers might keep him. PR disaster to flick him after the accident. Hyde is in truble, and as with Graham, big guys take longer, we all know that, so  I'd keep him. who are their big guys? Simmonds, Patto, Cartledge. So i think Graham will stay

[Comment From Jake]
Hey Robo, any news on whether Richmond will ask the AFL to put Polak on a rookie list, ala Rama? In your opinion would this be approved. 

Great point. Essendon did it with Rama, special case that it was. Iti mght be Richmond's best decison. Good for both parties I'd say

[Comment From Beefer]
Robbo, Chris Hyde has already retired from Richmond. No send off game, no fan fare. You can strike him off your "list clogger" list. 

didn't know that.. He gave his all when he played Hyde, but didn't quite have the skill level to match his determination 

[Comment From gftarneit]
Media said a short while ago Kerr IS going to Richmond robbo? 

which media

[Comment From Joel]
We have heard so much about Kerr going and staying, what is the feeling at the moment? 

I reckon stay. the eagles have the power on this one because he is contracted. 

[Comment From damien]
if you were the tiger coach would you go after a ben cousins??.. or is just a quick fix that the tigers have gone for before?? 

No Cousins for Tigers 

[Comment From Robbo is a slow typer]
what is Freo doing with Warnock? if not stay at Freo, where will he end up? 

stil negotiating. Money is on Melbourne to get him 

[Comment From Tim]
Should Richmond delist Kayne Pettifer and Jake King? 

Pettifer yes, King no 

[Comment From wayne]
Is Meyer Richmond tradable 

umm, think not... 

[Comment From Garry]
Will the Tigers delist Casserley? He has a year to go on his contact but has been in the system 4-5 and can't get on the park 

he must be concerned the young fella about his future.. don't know if it's been 4 or 5 years. OK, taken in 05 draft, pick 40, that's three years, fourth year next year so the pressure is on... 

[Comment From Jordan]
Could the tiges use Tamlbling as trade bait? 

I would.... 

[Comment From mark]
tambling had best year of his career, robbo you are an idiot 

it was his best, but don't if his best will match it against the best midfielders from oppotiion clubs. Stll, he's young. 21 i think... 

[Comment From miss awesome]
captain richo??? answer me damn it!!! 

too late to be  skipper Richo 

[Comment From Cossy]
Robbo, What do you have against the Tigers???? 

nothing, like the Tigers

[Comment From Adam]
Robbo_ ARE THE TIGERS AFTER KERR OR WARNOCK? 

i'd say both ... But I heard the club wants to ease its salary cap, not use every dollar in it, so Kerr chase might be over

[Comment From Mandrew]
hey Robbo, I've written countless questions on many of your blogs hence keeping you in a job. Any danger of answering maybe just one of my questions? Perhaps i need to write stupid questions like half the one's you have posted. here's one for you..... should tigers try to get something for Coughlin? He is a gun and i love him but his injuries are tough? Does he have trade value? 

And what do you expect a club to give up for a bloke with two knees. I would say, two shakes of nothng. Coughlan has to prove himslef at Richmond first before any talk of trade. and if he plays well at Punt Rd, he's staying

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/afl/ourteam/index.php/heraldsun/comments/live_chat_who_should_your_club_delist

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »
Just a thought.
I have heard countless people state that JON has good hands and is quite speedy.

So my question is. Could he play as a mobile,agile,fast and unpredictable CHF. Dare i say. Could he be the X Factor ?
Sure, put another 10 - 13 Kgs on him and see what happens.

This is all considering he is still there in 09 of course

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »
Just a thought.
I have heard countless people state that JON has good hands and is quite speedy.

So my question is. Could he play as a mobile,agile,fast and unpredictable CHF. Dare i say. Could he be the X Factor ?

Interestingly that's the role i reckon he's been playing at Coburg for the last 4-5 weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »

What was the wifes name ?

The memory is hazy, its over 25 years ago since I was doing the Cambridge Latin books, but I think her name was Metella, whose name means "little basket of stones".

Metella est in atrium.

Lets hope RFC does not implode like Vesuvius.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 08:24:58 PM »
Just a thought.

Interestingly that's the role i reckon he's been playing at Coburg for the last 4-5 weeks

Prease exprain Mister Roberts. Is there some more light you could shed on The Thin Man ?
Would it be Reckless for us to ship him off ?

Or would it be advisable that he doesn't become one of the Forgotten Faces this year ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:04 PM »

Prease exprain Mister Roberts. Is there some more light you could shed on The Thin Man ?
Would it be Reckless for us to ship him off ?

Or would it be advisable that he doesn't become one of the Forgotten Faces this year ?

:clapping :clapping  :thumbsup

Mister Roberts isn't available I think he is enjoying a kip

However, I just reckon it is only JON's 3rd year and he started from a long way back. 2007/08 was his first real pre-season. What I've noticed is that we he goes with the first option he is very good. He gets himself in trouble when he doesn't take that 1st option

I've been impressed with the way he has played the mobile CHF, however the key to that sort of role is also ensuring the structure around the CHF is right, that is plenty of blokes sweeping onto the ball when it's bought to ground. "Hit up target" I think is what I heard it called in one of the huddles the other week at Windy Hill.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
Just a thought.

:gobdrop

They're not allowed to eat those quadburgers at Hungry Jacks HMH lol :nope