Author Topic: Wallace on SEN  (Read 1171 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on SEN
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »
Wallace was on SEN with the Morning Glory crew this morning. SEN just replayed it as their play of the day.

* We're just getting ready for round 22. Once finals is out of your control it's out of your control. Other sides were just good enough to keep on winning.

* Most experts tipped up to finish bottom 3. We had higher expecations of course. It's a game of centimetres. In the Saints game we had 2 shots in last 30 secs which we missed. 1 more win and we'd be playing for a possible top 4 spot. The comp is evening up more with Carlton coming back from being down a long while and the resurgence of Richmond.

* Wallace was asked that we know Tiger supporters are sick of the 9th jokes but is this time genuinely sustainable?
Plough said on the weekend we had 11 of our 22 play less than 50 games. Only Melbourne had the same number of inexperienced players. We've got oursevles back to 9th with young kids so naturally they will improve.

* Cotchin?
Has great natural ability - use of the ball and winning the ball low inside packs. He still has got a lot learn as he's only started the year as a 17 year old.

* Going into our last game last year we knew if we won Cotch would be wearing a Carlton or, if traded as part of the Judd deal, a West Coast jumper. Now he's wearing #9 in a Richmond jumper. I'm sure supporters went to the game hoping we'd win but are now happy seeing Cotchin running around in a Tiger's guernsey. As coach was just happy to get it over and done with. It's a no win situation.

* Cogs?
He's played half a dozen game at VFL level now. It's not a heck of a lot of games over 2 years. Equivalent to just a preseason. He's got final now. We'll sit down at the end of the year and see what he wants to do.

* Off-field changes?
Still opportunity to bring in another assistant and development coach but Plough doesn't expect wholesale changes.

* Geelong?
Anyone can be beaten but they're as much certainties as anyone he's seen. Same as Essendon in 2000.

Ox

Re: Wallace on SEN
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »
* Cogs?
He's played half a dozen game at VFL level now. It's not a heck of a lot of games over 2 years. Equivalent to just a preseason. He's got final now. We'll sit down at the end of the year and see what he wants to do.

LMAOoOo

"So Mark.......do u want to play on ?(hint hint)"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
Cogs is contracted for next year

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »

Hasn't stopped us before.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

The Cotch

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

Cogs will be there in 09.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Yeah I think so too but I'm not so sure about the contracted Travis Casserly.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
Interesting interview :whistle

Thanks OE.

Stripes

The Cotch

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »
Will be there as well

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »
If we were to delist him we'd redraft him as a rookie

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 09:11:47 PM »
If we were to delist him we'd redraft him as a rookie
Yeah I'd agree that's a big possibility if we do delist him.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Terry Wallace says Cats flag certainty (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 03:22:22 AM »
Terry Wallace says Cats flag certainty
Jon Ralph | August 26, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace yesterday declared Geelong the greatest premiership certainty in his three decades in football.

Wallace's bold claim carries greater weight as it was made without mind games or spin-doctoring from a finals rival.

Richmond has now bowed out of September calculations, and an honest Wallace - who started at Hawthorn in 1978 - was willing to voice what many coaches feel.

He compared Geelong to a rampaging Essendon in 2000, a side that only Wallace's Western Bulldogs were able to defeat that year.

"Anyone can be beaten on a given day, but I can't figure out how," said Wallace of Geelong.

"I think they are as good a certainty that I have seen in the competition almost the whole time I have been involved. I just didn't think Essendon could be beaten in 2000, and I see Geelong in the same manner."

Wallace's Tigers have been mauled by Geelong four times in the past two years, including a 157-point demolition in Round 6 last year.

They are on track to equal Essendon's one-loss season of early in the decade, the best single-season record ever.

The Tigers coach yesterday also had strong opinions about the other end of the ladder, reigniting the tanking debate.

Had Richmond beaten St Kilda in Round 22 last year, it would have been awarded pick three instead of two, the selection it used on star youngster Trent Cotchin.

"You talk about tanking and is it a problem? Our last game last year against St Kilda, we went driving to that game knowing if we won that match that Trent Cotchin would either be wearing a Carlton jumper or he would have been swapped to the West Coast as part of that Judd deal.

''Or if we lost that game he runs around in No. 9 for the rest of his career at Richmond," Wallace told SEN radio.

Asked if he was happy to lose, Wallace replied: "The coach was just happy to get it over and done with.

"It is a situation you don't want to be in. You can't win."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24241844-19742,00.html