Author Topic: Tivs and Hyde officially farewelled  (Read 4511 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tivs and Hyde officially farewelled
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
Imagine this scenario you guys talking up Tiva's farewell game.  Daniel Connors who makes way for and is uncontracted by the way cracks the sads at the Tigers and asks to be traded because he stupidly thinks he might have done enough to keep his place. He then becomes a premier player in the AFL at lets say a St Kilda or a Collingwood.  This may happen, I know the Saints are sniffing around. 
Never mind the fact that he isnt retiring and may play against the Tigers next year !
This is total bul@#%$# !!  Play the kids FFS !!!!!

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:24:13 PM »
Imagine this scenario you guys talking up Tiva's farewell game.  Daniel Connors who makes way for and is uncontracted by the way cracks the sads at the Tigers and asks to be traded because he stupidly thinks he might have done enough to keep his place. He then becomes a premier player in the AFL at lets say a St Kilda or a Collingwood.  This may happen, I know the Saints are sniffing around. 
Never mind the fact that he isnt retiring and may play against the Tigers next year !

i certainly dont' see this scenario happening..but i agree with you in theory....i'm all for playing the kids...if tivendale really needs to be brought in for a farewell game..then...perhaps drop one of the senior players eg johnson....let the kids play
such a wacko match committee

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »

Harshly dealt with but if he cracks the sads over it and wants to change clubs after something like that then he's a weak character and can go jump for all I care.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 12:10:01 AM »
At the end of training today, the rest of their teammates and coaching staff formed a guard of honour each side and cheered Tivs and Hydey off as they walked off the ground and up the race into the rooms.

If this is the case I am very surprised nothing has been mentioned about Munsta.
Perhaps it's got something to do with Tivs being a life member of the club with 187 games compared to only Hyde's 93. Tivs is 8th in terms of most games played for RFC in the past 22 years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »
Perhaps it's got something to do with Tivs being a life member of the club with 187 games

I've finally worked out why Tivva is getting a game this week .....

Royce Hart played 187 games and you can't have Tivva finishing on the same tally, so they have grouped him with Hughie James.

Hopefully, Tivva can also win a B&F in a premiership side like these 2 guys (but at Coburg).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »
Hyde didn't play for Coburg yesterday so he must be injured.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »
Good on Tivs to go out in style and with a good game himself. 24 possies, 8 inside 50s and a goal is a great way to go out. All the best Greg post-retirement  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 03:44:42 AM »
Ciao to Pettifer and Polak also.

Rookie list should be updated with kids (ruckman/kpp) also. Collard promoted, the rest gone.

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 09:04:48 AM »
 :rollin when he kicks l always think of that underarm bowl Chappell did, thats how low his inside 50's were yesterday.
did do some good things but AFL is beyond him. Great VFL player now
Thanks for the service Tivs  :thumbsup your a great lad

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
Ciao to Pettifer and Polak also.

Rookie list should be updated with kids (ruckman/kpp) also. Collard promoted, the rest gone.

you need to think better

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
Tivs goal from inside the centre square was great to see (even if he did have a bit of help from the wind . . .?).  :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
Tivs goal from inside the centre square was great to see (even if he did have a bit of help from the wind . . .?).  :clapping

over 60 easy it was, wind was swirling all day, 4 seasons  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
So Hyde......? Trade bait? Automatic delisting?

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »

Stripes

Terry Wallace put Chris Hyde on Adam Goodes (Dual Brownlow Medallist) ;D that must mean he is some value surely ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »

Stripes

Auto delisting in my opinion. :thumbsup