Author Topic: Gary March on 3aw  (Read 964 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gary March on 3aw
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »
Coming up now

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Gary March on 3aw
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »
Summary

* We played 11 Sunday games this year. Would like a few less. Only one Thurs, no friday games this year. Surprised we didn't get Friday games as we've rated well. We've requested more friday night games and less Sunday games.

* You get little feedback on fixture requests from AFl until the last moment.

* Caro said supporters would ask why we didn't complain about Sydney and their 19th man - you would've been in the Eight. March said we've only got ourselves to blame. We had our chances. Caro also said we won a number of close games. March replied that our endevaour was much better in the close games and that got us over the line in those games compared to last year. There's been improvement but we've still got a way to go.

* Wouldn't say excited but those that have gone from fringe players and stepped up have been White and Mcguane. Luke is very underrated. Young back 3 have stood up very well this year.

* Wallace - we've sat down with Terry over the years and we've always agreed to leave the decision to the final year. Terry has always asked for that. We'll start to discuss an extension around rounds 13-14 next year. It'll be based on have we got a list in the upcoming years to contend with the top 4 sides.

* Deledio - consistent week in week out this year. Defensive efforts have been good. Close to winning our B&F.

* Blingers - is starting to blossom. Both will be part of the club for next 8-9 years. Blingers is an outstanding young man, articulate. and was a major part in helping us speak with the Australian Government and set up the $8m indigenous centre. He has a passion for the betterment of indigenous boys and girls.

* Richo - re-signed for one year recently.

* Browny's got another year to run on his contract.

* Caro brought up some bumps along the way this year - Miller's sacking, no sponsor, has Tony Free made peace with the footy dept and poor stadia deals

* Final interviews for the footy manager job started last week. More this week. Should make the appointment in the next week once the season is over.

* Free issue blown out of proportion. They (Free and coaching staff) were all together yesterday at Coburg getting along.

* Re-signed McRae so he is locked away. Glad he didn't get the Gold Coast job as we rate him highly.

* New major sponsors - very close to locking 2 sponsors away.

* Decent fixture that works for us will help with MCG stadium deal. Playing Coll, Ess, Carl twice.

* We'll be one of 11 clubs to make a profit this year. Not bad for a club that finished outside the Eight.

* Draft - top 10 kids are very good. We don't want to give up our first pick. We'll most likely stick to going down the youth path.

* Cogs - a year to run on his contract. Hasn't played for 2 years - decision making, kicking and handballing can slip. He's getting the ball and is improving and played very well yesterday.

* Meyer - much maligned but he played very well yesterday too.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
* Cogs - a year to run on his contract. Hasn't played for 2 years - decision making, kicking and handballing can slip. He's getting the ball and is improving and played very well yesterday.
Caro said ready between the lines of the above she wouldn't guarantee Cogs is a certainty to be at Richmond next year. The decision will be up to Cogs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »
Glad to hear we're keeping our picks this year and staying on the recruiting and developing our own path. Good to hear we've re-signed McRae up too.

Not sure where Caro got Cogs may not play on from. He's contracted and he'll finally now get a full preseason. Meyer is safe going by March's comments.

Freezer was watching training on Thursday with his kids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
Where did March get the 'much-maligned' tag for Meyer? I think on the back of his recent injury-free form supporters have been excited about his inclusion in the team. I think the only negatives I have heard about Danny is due to his continous injury concerns - never his ability.

Cogs will have the preseason to prove his worth but if he suffers another injury I think he will retire.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:43 AM »
Where did March get the 'much-maligned' tag for Meyer? I think on the back of his recent injury-free form supporters have been excited about his inclusion in the team. I think the only negatives I have heard about Danny is due to his continous injury concerns - never his ability.

Cogs will have the preseason to prove his worth but if he suffers another injury I think he will retire.

Stripes

Not all danny's past problems were injury related. His desire to play football and do the things required, was a big problem with him wasn't it???
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.