Author Topic: Your Highlights of season 2008?  (Read 935 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Your Highlights of season 2008?
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Now the season is over, what were your highlights of the season - favourite games, moments, marks, goals, .... ?

Tigermonk

Re: Your Highlights of season 2008?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
ok what l really enjoyed this season is Kel Moore maturing into a solid backman has really made my year watching Richmond  :thumbsup
l think his got a great future

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »
Favourite game - Flogging a few teams (Freo, WCE and Melbourne) was good to see. The blistering quarters were also a highlight (11 against WCE, 9 against Port and 8 against Melbourne) and winning the close ones (Brisbane, Essendon and Port). It was just good to see some wins after 2007.  :lol

Beating the Dawks was the best though.

Favourite moment - Watching Cotchin.

Favourite mark - Moore sticking the knee into Buddys back.

Favourite goal - Jackson's 95m bomb against Carlton in round 1.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »
Game that sticks out for me for pure excitement definentely the Brisbane game.
Game that sticks out for completeness definentely the Freo game in Perth. Led from start to finish in a week Terry and the club were under severe scrutiny and the media were just hoping and waiting for us to lose to write our epitaph on season 2008.

Most satisfying win was round 1 against Carlscum. All summer we heard Judd this Judd that Carlton this and that Carlton were going to use this as a stepping stone and that our role was to come pay a couple of quarters and surrender meekly to the juggernaut of the Cheats. Well that last quarter starting with Jako's 60 metre goal and Richo's couple left me with a smile on the face that lasted at least for a week.

Game that left me empty and as low as can be Carlton loss in the centenary game.
Game that left me most angry St Kilda game as we should have won and having to watch that little smelly rodent kick 7.

Biggest tragedy was the Polak accident. Just hope the bloke gets back to a normal life.

Highlights for me was the Geelong game in the wet just watching Cotchin run around and get a goal with his first kick knowing he is going to be something special for us in the future.

The continual development of Deledio. Future captain of the RFC.
Improvement of Moore Thursty and McGuane our backline is looking settled and sturdy.

Watching Richo reinvent himself and still have an impact on this competition and knowing he can still run around for another 3 years.

The adrenalin rushing of close finishes.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Favourite game - Brisbane. the emotion when the final siren went.

Favourite moment - When i heard Greg Miller was sacked

Most satisfying win: Beating the Hawks after the poundings they given us over the years and just as they were trying to build momentum towards the finals
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »
Actual games:

Brisbane game - pure excitement at the end when I thought we'd blown it ;D

Freo game (over there) and the WCE game - our skilss were brillant (who often does one get to say that  ;D)

Beating Carlton and Essendon (twice).

Overall just seeing the improvment in the kids (tambling, Deledio, Moore, White, McGuane etc) and realising how great it is to have Cotchin

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
As everyone else has said the Brisbane game for excitement of coming back from 5 goals down at 3/4 time.
The Hawks game was a very sweet victory too  :thumbsup.
Seeing Cleve and Morton kick 11 goals between them against Port.
Us kicking bag of goals in a quarter - 11 against the Eagles, 8 against Freo, Dees and Brisbane.

Best goal was Foley getting the ball in the centre of Subi from Cotch and then running away from a chasing Embley with 3 bounces and on the run slots a goal.

Richo's best year playing on the wing.
Break out years by Lids and Moore.
Our young defence standing up.
The form of Morton after getting him cheap at pick 35.
Cotch not making me look like a dill after singing his praises and demanding we draft him all last year  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:43:09 AM »
Bowden rushing the points so that we won the match. After the aftermath of it all with the team calling it not in the spirit of the game . Yet when they do it all is fine. So this is mine. Loved it. Suck crap Bombers. :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »
There's a new poll on the RFC site which fits this thread.

What was your highlight of the 2008 season?

* Round 4 win against Fremantle at Subiaco Oval by 64 points                                  3%
* Round 20 win against Hawthorn by 29 points                                                       27%
* Trent Cotchin's debut - 2 goals and 16 possessions against Geelong                        7%
* Joel Bowden's match winning feats against Essendon, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.  16%
* Matthew Richardson's move to the wing                                                               25%
* Record breaking 11-goal second quarter against West Coast at Subiaco Oval           21%